Smoking an E-Cig without nicotine "safe"? Please help. Im a newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tevin

Apr 4, 2013
United States
After Smoking hookah, I really liked it. I am NOT a smoker but i do like the flavors that is has and i like blowing out the vapors. I did a little homework and i saw that some E-cigs had flavors that did NOT contain any nicotine. I know its still not 100 percent safe and there are always some risks when inhaling anything but If it does not have nicotine and it does not contain tobacco then all i am really smoking is flavored water vapor right? I would like to know more about it. and if it is "safe". thanks. :)

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Tevin, we can't answer that question 100%, we can say that it is safer than smoking was for us. No long term studies have been done showing how safe this is. I can tell you that inhaling anything can have risks. I can also tell you that some flavorings have been proven to be unsafe such as buttery flavors, and that vg can be a poison if it gets heated too extream temps (much hotter than we vape but hot spots can happen)

firefox335

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2010
Ohio
I would not encourage anyone who is not a smoker to use an e-cigarette. That being said, I would much rather have you pick up an e-cig than a pack or Marlboros. And if you don't currently smoke, you should definitely use e-cigs/liquid with no nicotine. Nothing in life is 100% safe. But e-cigs are about 100 times safer than traditional cigarettes.

PS: Nancy, your avatar is adorable.

redbucket

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
USA
Kind of, yeah. Forget the water vapor thing though, that is not true at all. If you are inhaling zero nicotine smoke-like products, you are basically inhaling a flavored fog machine. You know those things at concerts and stuff? They make "smoke". But it isn't smoke. It's heavy liquid particles made out of oil, from vegetables or petroleum or a combination of the two, heated and then sprayed into the surrounding air. Only in e-cigs that air is the air in your lungs, and also there are artificial flavors being put in there too. It is a heck of a lot better than inhaling smoke, but it's still some weird shiat you're putting in your lungs.

Don't do it if you can avoid it. Do it if you see it as your alliterative to smoking.

gingen2057

Apr 4, 2013
Israel
Nothing is safe. I was smoking both hookah since i was 18 and now i've had enough. i wasn't much of a smoker but i knew that have to do some thing or i will smoke more, Cause to be honest smoking hookah is fun, cause it's social. So i started vaping and for now i still smoke hookah once i a while.

I think that you should do what you think is right. If you want to smoke you will so it's better off vaping e cigs and preferably without nicotine than hookah and cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread