Ended Smoktech giveaway! 250 Cloud Machines to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mestapholes

Verified Member
Aug 27, 2015
4) Perhaps in the future update the 1st or 2nd post of the thread to include a "winners list". Winners can easily be missed in the chaos. Having a place to go to amongst the chatter could be helpful from our side. Maybe you could even add a FAQ to the first or second posts that include questions that are frequently asked during the contest there as well?
I second that.
And if minicontest are available. Post them there too.

Reactions: Nick N

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
1) As a new person this was a GREAT way to be informal and meet people. One of the reasons I lurked here so long is everything is so organized and the forum is so huge - but there doesn't seem to be a "casual" area. This contest provided that atmosphere where you could talk about practically anything with anyone. I suspect this will be helpful to me in the future as I see various names around various forums from here on out.

There is a "casual" area. We call it the Lounge: The Lounge | E-Cigarette Forum
This thread will probably move over there (unsure as it does go over the 15,000 post limit). I know it is hard to just jump in a thread as a new person. You just have to search around till you find your place that you feel comfortable. :)

Now that you have come to recognize names and have gotten to know personalities, it will be easier for you to find the camaraderie that you've had on this thread.

2) a small suggestion that ECF may or may not be able to fulfill would be to strongly encourage vendor participation in some form. I understand this thread is overwhelming and if I were a vendor I'd probably skip it too - but having some information regarding shipping, model, firmware, recommended batteries, colors, and any other question would have been nice.

Vendors are only allowed to post in the Suppliers Forum: E Cigarette Suppliers Forum | E-Cigarette Forum
Some suppliers have their own forums within ECF.

Suppliers are not allowed to post outside of those areas. We try to keep things so that the members don't feel like they are being spammed. When you ask questions, you are getting answers from people that are using the devices not people that are selling the device.... it's too early for me to try to explain what I am trying to say. :blink:

If you have a question for a supplier, it is best to ask it in the place that they are allowed to explain. If you have any question about where to find a particular supplier, just ask me or another moderator and we will be more than happy to help you :)

Not all manufacturers or vendors of ecigs are members of ECF. We do have a Large amount of vendors though.

If you are suggesting that should we have another contest like this and we require participation.... that is a good suggestion :)

3) the "fix" for no vendor would possibly be to have a moderator / admin of ecf to find as much information out as possible and act as the "vendor" fielding questions. Obviously vendor participation would be ideal, but in no way would I expect a vendor to smash their F5 key refreshing the page to answer the same questions over and over.

ROFLMAO But you want US to do that same thing!! ;) Thanks a lot!!! :D

All of our members have been awesome at answering the same things over and over again. People just don't like to read every post, some do and those are the ones that have the patience for repeating the same information ;)

We do love and appreciate our members. Without them, ECF wouldn't be the community it is. :wub:

4) Perhaps in the future update the 1st or 2nd post of the thread to include a "winners list". Winners can easily be missed in the chaos. Having a place to go to amongst the chatter could be helpful from our side. Maybe you could even add a FAQ to the first or second posts that include questions that are frequently asked during the contest there as well?

That is a good idea. Members could then grab the first post and quote it to bring it to the end of the thread when needed. Definitely will keep that in mind!!

Please, understand this is only suggestions and feedback from a new person to the forum and are not demands or complaints. Only ways I see it could be better.

It is totally taken as a suggestion and not a complaint :)

Thank you again for the GREAT CONTEST and more importantly the AMAZING COMMUNITY.

We all make this community what it is so Thank You also! :D

v1ks_

Has a pretty generic custom title
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
Just getting out of my Philosophy class. Now got a nice 4 hour break before my algebra class. Debating between taking a nap and hoping my back stops hurting or taking some ibuprofen, hoping they help and cleaning the house whilst babies sleep. Thoughts? Lmfao

I'm pretty much anti-pills/medicine, whenever they can be avoided. I'd say nap. If it doesn't help you still have the Ibuprofen option. They kick in after some 30 minutes so... yeah, there will be a chance to take them, if the nap won't help.

Reactions: jpbavaro

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Debating between taking a nap and hoping my back stops hurting or taking some ibuprofen, hoping they help and cleaning the house whilst babies sleep. Thoughts?

I am torn on the answer also!! I can't relax unless the house is clean but yet sleep is something I NEED :D

Mestapholes

Verified Member
Aug 27, 2015
Just getting out of my Philosophy class. Now got a nice 4 hour break before my algebra class. Debating between taking a nap and hoping my back stops hurting or taking some ibuprofen, hoping they help and cleaning the house whilst babies sleep. Thoughts? Lmfao
Get some sleep :D That`s what I would recommend to my wife, I can clean the house later...
You never know how the next night will be.
And take the ibu if you otherwise can not sleep :D

Reactions: jpbavaro

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
Now that you have come to recognize names and have gotten to know personalities, it will be easier for you to find the camaraderie that you've had on this thread.

Most definitely this contest has made it easier to be welcomed to the community and jump in other sections of the forum.

If you are suggesting that should we have another contest like this and we require participation.... that is a good suggestion :)

I don't like the word "require" participation because that may turn off some vendors from having the contest all together. I like "strongly encourage" participation. :)

I only bring the vendor up because it seems various members thought that the vendor would be posting in this thread. I am somewhat familiar with the vendor section of the forums here - although I did not know they are not allowed to post in other areas. That is a good idea and I can certainly appreciate the thoughts behind it of only getting "reviews" from actual members who are using the product and not that of those selling the product. That is an excellent thought process.

ROFLMAO But you want US to do that same thing!! ;) Thanks a lot!!! :D

Yea, I thought you'd like that. I've helped moderate large (40k-50k people) forums and understand the struggles.

We do love and appreciate our members. Without them, ECF wouldn't be the community it is. :wub:

Yes, you are correct. As a lurker it was not really known just how fun the people here can be. The forum set up and lay out is a bit intimidating due to it's size. Almost feel like you are going to say something in the wrong place. So many forums and so many sub forums. It's amazing - but this contest has shown that pretty much everyone is laid back and relaxed. It was a great contest even with out the prize in my eyes.

It is totally taken as a suggestion and not a complaint :)

Good, we all know things can be taken wrong on the interwebs. ;)

Off to pick jr up from school. Have a good day and THANK YOU again!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
To early to Panic
More COFFEE:hubba:

Had to re-wick orchid tank - Thanks Robino1 and Classy:glare:
Making me Laugh so hard yesterday I missed the tank going DRY!!!:lol::lol::lol:
Dry hit He...:censored: , Rinse/repeat.:shock:

All is good now that I chased the base across the kitchen Floor:mad:
Flippin' hand:(

First Draw...........Oh YEA!!!..........Sweet:thumbs:

73neb

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
N. California Bay Area

As a father of 5, I say take a nap. You don't know how much sleep you'll be able to get later, and your babies need your best.

jpbavaro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2015
Pennsylvania
I'm pretty much anti-pills/medicine, whenever they can be avoided. I'd say nap. If it doesn't help you still have the Ibuprofen option. They kick in after some 30 minutes so... yeah, there will be a chance to take them, if the nap won't help.

I am torn on the answer also!! I can't relax unless the house is clean but yet sleep is something I NEED :D

Get some sleep :D That`s what I would recommend to my wife, I can clean the house later...
You never know how the next night will be.
And take the ibu if you otherwise can not sleep :D

All good points! Ibuprofen and Tylenol are the extent of my medicine intake. Haha. Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to do either anytime soon, though. I walk in the door and both babies woke up. Now they're wide awake and hungry. Hahaha.

Reactions: Opinionated

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
oh congrats to all the winners and thank you my friends still have a chance on the 250 remaining so when is the end of the remaining 250 kits?

I don't quite have the time now to find the exact post, maybe someone else can, but according to @SmokeyJoe the winners should be announced today, if they manage to chew through all the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread