Ended Smoktech giveaway! 250 Cloud Machines to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Congratulations all!

And, here's a fun bonus contest. Requires a little work and probably favors people with a little Google-Fu....

I'd like to see if we can find the FIRST use of the word "vape" or "vaping" online in the MEOV (modern era of vaping) (i.e. since 2006).

I suspect it's on ECF, but it's quite possible it was used elsewhere - note: this usage must relate to e-cigs and NOT to any other substance!

When you find something credible, please post and tag me @SmokeyJoe in the post

Have fun, and let's see if we can crowdsource an answer :)

I'll pick a winner who's answer looks most plausible to me!
I just tried to do some advanced google searches using a custom date range, and was getting some odd results. Some of the pages and dates didn't seem right - so I checked the domains and found that many pages with a 2005 or 2006 date in google search results were on domains that didn't even exist until 2011 or 2012. It's a bug, google is aware of it, and they're not doing anything about it. So unless the page itself has a date on it, it's going to be hard to determine the date it was posted. Here's where the bug was reported nearly 9 months ago : Issue 647 - googlebugs - Google Search filter for custom period is showing wrong date after selection is made - Unofficial bug tracker for Google services and products. - Google Project Hosting

Just thought I should warn anyone trying to use google for the page date... :(

Kurt0402

Ultra Member
Aug 26, 2015
Australia
I just tried to do some advanced google searches using a custom date range, and was getting some odd results. Some of the pages and dates didn't seem right - so I checked the domains and found that many pages with a 2005 or 2006 date in google search results were on domains that didn't even exist until 2011 or 2012. It's a bug, google is aware of it, and they're not doing anything about it. So unless the page itself has a date on it, it's going to be hard to determine the date it was posted. Here's where the bug was reported nearly 9 months ago : Issue 647 - googlebugs - Google Search filter for custom period is showing wrong date after selection is made - Unofficial bug tracker for Google services and products. - Google Project Hosting

oh i was having exactlky the same problem, was confused by some of the dates, haha thankyou for clarifying that one for me man

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us

Thats where I ended up, tried everything i know and dead end

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
One more cup and I have to get out on my bike and dodge traffic for a while.
baconcoffee_zpsdlxx7mhg.jpg

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA
Reactions: GPC2012

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
It definitely does! I just try to live on and ignore it as much as possible!
I have to take handfuls of pills all day, which helps a lot, without them I wouldn't even be able to breath without being in agony.
But I try not to dwell on it, those were the cards I was dealt.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, as they say!
I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, if I had one.
I hope you're not suffering too much?
Keep tour chin up!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Like you a handful of pills daily. But
You do have one thing wrong. In the words of whodat
"when life gives you lemons break out the bottle of tequila and get some salt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread