Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Since most of you probably own the VMax and/or Provari's, let me ask this here instead of on the VMax thread. Do any of you use Dual Coil cartos? What would you run a 2.0ohm dualie at?

I'm a 8.0 - 8.5watt kinda vaper, and usually have my 2.8 ohm single coils set at 4.8v.

Curious..

Freddie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
The NETWORK
Since most of you probably own the VMax and/or Provari's, let me ask this here instead of on the VMax thread. Do any of you use Dual Coil cartos? What would you run a 2.0ohm dualie at?

I'm a 8.0 - 8.5watt kinda vaper, and usually have my 2.8 ohm single coils set at 4.8v.

Curious..
Well bro, on my VMAX I run my Boge 3.0 ohm 801 Fusions at 4.0-4.2 Volts! As far as 2.0 ohm Dual-Coils are concerned, I will NOT go above 3.7 Volts! I like warm vape at times but NOT that warm...LOL! I hope this helps...:)

Freddie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
The NETWORK
That's way too much.
Why would it be TOO much as people pay the same price for a Provari! With the ZMAX having VW and VV and the OPTION to go STACKED or SINGLE battery mode and OUT-PERFORMING the Provari in POWER, PERFOMANCE, and OPTIONS...I would DEFINITELY pay that price period!

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Why would it be TOO much as people pay the same price for a Provari! With VW and VV and the OPTION to go STACKED or SINGLE battery mode and OUT-PERFORMING the Provari in POWER, PERFOMANCE, and OPTIONS...I would DEFINITELY pay that price period!

While I would agree with what you say from a features and performance perspective, you know what the general argument is going to be.. :)

fuzzione

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2012
GTA Ontario
I agree, it's too much. I expect prices to plummet once ST realizes their VV/dual battery configuration offering is not the cash cow they're banking on.

Dusty, I've used up to 5.5v on my v1 vmax on 2.5ohm ST DC cartos. It's the one configuration that I'm actually using most of the vmax's power capability. DC's are a different feeling vape so any preconceptions as to optimum wattage may or may not apply. Just keep dialing it up until it tastes burned then back it off :)

northofamerica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Saskatoon
It has been CONFIRMED that the PRICE POINT for the ZMAX on release will be:

CHROME: $145.00
SS: $147.00

The price is only 20$ more than the original selling point of the vmax (127$). As long as it is built with the same or better quality as a vmax, 20$ for electronic upgrades isn't too bad.

Freddie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
The NETWORK
While I would agree with what you say from a features and performance perspective, you know what the general argument is going to be.. :)
Yes, the Provari being U.S. Made, QUALITY and DURABILTY, BUT like I have stated before in the VMAX thread if Smoktech were to have a U.S based facility would there really be a DEBATE? Unfortunately that will never happen though! While I still have 2 Original(Black an Silver) V1 VMax's, I have NO problems in getting one! Though the Provari is up on quality, I am satisfied with Smok's quality, but the power and performance of the ZMAX I will take over a Provari any day. Don't get me wrong I like the Provari, but there are other devices that perform better!

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Yes, the Provari being U.S. Made, QUALITY and DURABILTY, BUT like I have stated before in the VMAX thread if Smoktech were to have a U.S based facility would there really be a DEBATE? Unfortunately that will never happen though! While I still have 2 Original(Black an Silver) V1 VMax's, I have NO problems in getting one! Though the Provari is up on quality, I am satisfied with Smok's quality, but the power and performance of the ZMAX I will take over a Provari any day. Don't get me wrong I like the Provari, but there are other devices that perform better!

I don't care where a device is built, it's how it performs that matters to me. I have 2 Provari's, and I can't wait until I get my hands on my ZMax next week..

If it doesn't do what it's supposed to, I'll relegate it to backup device or ohm tester.. ;)

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I agree, it's too much. I expect prices to plummet once ST realizes their VV/dual battery configuration offering is not the cash cow they're banking on.

Dusty, I've used up to 5.5v on my v1 vmax on 2.5ohm ST DC cartos. It's the one configuration that I'm actually using most of the vmax's power capability. DC's are a different feeling vape so any preconceptions as to optimum wattage may or may not apply. Just keep dialing it up until it tastes burned then back it off :)

I used to buy the dual-coils before I switched over to VV devices, and always had trouble firing them or keeping them moist to the point where I just stopped using them. Now that I have VV and Tanks on the go, I'm ready to give them another shot. I'll keep you posted on how it works out. :)

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Why would it be TOO much as people pay the same price for a Provari! With the ZMAX having VW and VV and the OPTION to go STACKED or SINGLE battery mode and OUT-PERFORMING the Provari in POWER, PERFOMANCE, and OPTIONS...I would DEFINITELY pay that price period!

From what I could gather, the Polish guy that tested it can only get it to 13.5 watts with this version so right at the moment it wouldn't be out performing the "other" device or the Vmax.

$150 for something that isn't tested?
Also the most expensive mod from China - ever.

VAPNJ350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville,FL.
I think what really needs to be pointed out here is if you want want the ZMAX offers then heres what your looking to pay ......

Variable Voltage/Provari - $159+
Variable Wattage/ Darwin - $320 - $500 ...yes I've seen greedy, self-enduldged, scalping vapers actually charge a fellow vaper $500 bucks. I sold mine a week after I got it for $200. Shame on vapers who use these type of tactics, I don't care how exclusive the device is !!!!

Anyway, back to the point. $145-%150 for a device that does both AND single or stacked configuration. I think that's a whole lot better that $159+$320=$479...possibly up to $659.

I'd say that's a pretty good steal and a rock solid price. And being I've had this device for about a week now I can honestly say ""IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY AND THEN SOME" I will be buying another !!!

On a lighter note......JUST GOT MY PENELOPE............ ' AWESOME !!!! LOVE IT

Last edited:

VAPNJ350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville,FL.
So I just built up the Penelope,..... ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE EVERYTHING !!!! Vapor...of the chart out of this world !! .....
TH... Perfect, not too much, not too little...perfect medium..... FLAVOR.....Well how can I measure this....I have NEVER EVER had ANY ATTY Genesis included give this amount of pure, super clean, robust, mouth watering solid true to taste flavor in my 2+ years of vaping. This atty in truly remarkable. I now know why everyone loves the ODY and the PENNY. These really are a far superior built and developed atty. I have NEVER been so happy about a purchase. Truly astonishing !!!

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
I think what really needs to be pointed out here is if you want want the ZMAX offers then heres what your looking to pay ......

Variable Voltage/Provari - $159+
Variable Wattage/ Darwin - $320 - $500 ...yes I've seen greedy, self-enduldged, scalping vapers actually charge a fellow vaper $500 bucks. I sold mine a week after I got it for $200. Shame on vapers who use these type of tactics, I don't care how exclusive the device is !!!!

Anyway, back to the point. $145-%150 for a device that does both AND single or stacked configuration. I think that's a whole lot better that $159+$320=$479...possibly up to $659.

I'd say that's a pretty good steal and a rock solid price. And being I've had this device for about a week now I can honestly say ""IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY AND THEN SOME" I will be buying another !!!

On a lighter note......JUST GOT MY PENELOPE............ ' AWESOME !!!! LOVE IT

With the cost of Chinese labor and materials, I don't think it's a "steal" .

The American device gets slated because of it's cost - why is this different?
Because it does wattage?

There's definitely some scalping going on here - and Smoktech are the ones doing it.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
There's definitely some scalping going on here - and Smoktech are the ones doing it.

Are you sure of that? I'm going to bet that the Vendors here get it at about 1/2 the Retail price. Now, mind you they would have to probably buy around 500 - 1000 to get at that price. The more they buy from the manufacturer, the less they pay. Add to that the cost of shipping, stocking etc etc and does that warrant a 100% markup over what they get from manufacturer?! I don't know.. you tell me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread