Status
Not open for further replies.

Stymied

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
ChicagoLand, IL USA
sites.google.com
Apparently Smoktech have made a telescoping Zmax - from 18350 to 18650. Haven't seen it but one vendor is saying they'll be stocking it soon.

Ta Da ...

tzmax.jpg

tzmax2.jpg

djeaton

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2013
Canton, GA
CrankUpTheJuice.com
Just got a VMAX. It's the first thing larger than an Ego for me. Not sure what version it is. The numbers are red, the button led is blue, and it defaults to 3v when you put in the batteries. But I don't get the 3 options on menu number 5. It just shows 5.dA and then shows the ohms of the evod. There is no option to change it to anything else, and when I hit the fire button, it just shows the voltage that I have it set at. Is this normal behavior?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Stymied

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
ChicagoLand, IL USA
sites.google.com
No, in my opinion, this is not normal behavior... after a slight pause you should be able to cycle thru (3) main 5 level display choices...

5d.v or u = Battery voltage status
5d.o = Voltage choice setting to atomizer
5d.a or R = Ohms/Resistance of attached atomizer

Since you stated your level 5 indicates a setting of 5d.a/R, activating the fire button should display the ohms of the attached device not the voltage setting. The VMAX is an older VV device. You should inquire from where you purchased this device for replacement/repair if it in fact is determined to be malfunctioning.

Last edited:

djeaton

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2013
Canton, GA
CrankUpTheJuice.com
No, in my opinion, this is not normal behavior...
Thanks. I purchased this from an individual, so I doubt there is any return policy. :) It may even be a clone for all I know. I *really* like the weight and feel of it though. And I don't really want the ohms displayed every time I hit the button. I was just surprised that the menu option for #5, the option that most folks seem to have the most trouble with, seems to have changed. Didn't know if anyone else had heard of this before.

Stymied

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
ChicagoLand, IL USA
sites.google.com
Thanks. I purchased this from an individual, so I doubt there is any return policy. :) It may even be a clone for all I know. I *really* like the weight and feel of it though. And I don't really want the ohms displayed every time I hit the button. I was just surprised that the menu option for #5, the option that most folks seem to have the most trouble with, seems to have changed. Didn't know if anyone else had heard of this before.

Found this on YouTube. Hope it may help?... :2cool:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Well it's been a long time since I posted or even visited this thread, in it's day this was a very active place.
I "graduated" to mechanical's quite some time ago but recently bought a VV mod called VV Dodge Pipe mod and thoughts of my old Vmax started coming back.
Then out of the blue someone gave me one, it's my first chrome one, my others were a painted v1 and a ss v3.
It must be a v2 as the screen is red, gee I forgot how the versions go. Aah memorys, wait it wasn't that long ago.

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
I pull the ol' Vmax out from time to time. Still works great, I just have to remember to set it about .5 volts lower than I think I should! Went the VW route myself and would love to get my hands on a DNA 20/30 mod but funds are limited these days. Sucks when I've only got about a dozen PVs to choose from! :facepalm:

CAM00080.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread