So, I think im becoming a reformed vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
In the last two years I have vaped through almost anything with e-liquid written on it (including organic and natural liquids). However, recently I have re-evaluated the risk that I 'might' be putting myself at. I have resolved to reform, that is, laboratory tested nicotine, VG and PG only. So, I just wanted to know is there anyone out there riding this wave at the moment (I know some are already on board). Also, what made you re-evaluate the risk? Any comments welcome.

Reactions: Liskrig

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
I am new to this (Feb 2015) but I'm still making my way through my flavors. I know there is a lot of crap going on with vendors, and the ingredients they choose to make a flavor, but I don't mind it personally. I like my coffee vape, my breakfast cereal, my peach, my blue raspberry... I also enjoy NET vapes to replace what I used to smoke (English pipes, Drew-Estate cigars).

BUT... I've never tried unflavored, and I may like it. I plan on mixing my own juice in the coming months, so I may make a small batch and give it a try.

Reactions: Vapntime

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I've been DIYing for nearly 4 1/2 years. In that time, I haven't bought a single bottle of manufactured juice. But I've certainly run my own gambit of flavored juice recipes of my own. I have dozens of them.
But lately, I've been vaping a lot of unflavored. Actually, 'unflavored' is a misnomer; because there is a natural sweetness to the VG itself; especially at higher VG levels.
Coils and wicks last longer, and stay cleaner. There are less unknowns involved. It's just nic, VG, and PG.
I use Reos only, and occasionally, just 1 or 2 drops of a flavoring in a 6ml Reo bottle will give just a hint of flavor. It's surprising how little flavor I actually need, to have a pleasant vape.

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
I've been DIYing for nearly 4 1/2 years. In that time, I haven't bought a single bottle of manufactured juice. But I've certainly run my own gambit of flavored juice recipes of my own. I have dozens of them.
But lately, I've been vaping a lot of unflavored. Actually, 'unflavored' is a misnomer; because there is a natural sweetness to the VG itself; especially at higher VG levels.
Coils and wicks last longer, and stay cleaner. There are less unknowns involved. It's just nic, VG, and PG.
I use Reos only, and occasionally, just 1 or 2 drops of a flavoring in a 6ml Reo bottle will give just a hint of flavor. It's surprising how little flavor I actually need, to have a pleasant vape.

This is me 100%! I vape only unflavored and add a drop or two of flavor if I want it. Only using the REO also.

Tracey

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
My all day vape used to be a butter mint flavour, mainly because it was the only flavour I had found that I could vape all day. Most of the flavours I tried were OK for a couple of ml but after that they their flavour became muted. My vendor decided to change the recipe for butter mint, due to the concern about some ingredients. I only found this out when I asked them why it tasted different. The evidence regarding the actual danger is limited, but for me there was no evidence that the replacement ingredients were any safer, they just did not show up on the lab tests. I read several threads about unflavoured juice and decided to give it a go, I found that once I found a cleaner tasting nic, I enjoyed it more than any of the flavoured juice I have tried. I had two main reasons to switch to vaping from smoking, 1 harm reduction, 2 cost. Unflavoured has to have the lowest risk profile as it only has two components the nic and VG, its also a very cheap way to vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread