Is the average person becoming more susceptible to anti-e-cig nonsense than ever before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Compared to smoking, vaping is a benign activity. Those who dismiss it are just ignoring fact and the smokers who quit without it are just pointing out the fact that they were able to quit without it so we should, too. Some people need diet aids to lose weight and others just cut their eating down to a reasonable point and need no assistance to do that and keep the weight off.

For me, quitting was easy. Staying quit was hard. I needed the actions of smoking to satisfy my need for something to do with my hands. When I quit cold turkey I would sit after a meal and twiddle my thumbs, tear paper napkins into strips, make things out of folded straw paper, and wish everyone would get through so we could go.

Now, I vape and the world is cool. My sense of smell returned, I didn't gain weight, and my lungs are able to support exercise like before. The great thing about vaping is that provided you use a juice that isn't noticeable to others you can vape anywhere. Yesterday, I turned off the LED on my Provari and vaped through a movie in a moderately crowded theater. Stealth hits and blowing it toward the floor made no one even turn around to look. They were oblivious to my vaping.

I vape with regard to others. In a store, I'll walk through deserted areas instead of vaping in crowds. In a restaurant I vape and blow it down toward the floor. Vaping in public is how I've met other vapers. If I hadn't vaped in public, they wouldn't have walked over and showed me their Vamo or Zmax.

Last edited:

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I am not sure it is that much of a problem. The only person that has told me it is still smoking is my wife. She came around though with it.

Other people I meet just give me a a puzzled look and go about there business. Other smokers, just ask what it is or strike up a conversation about the game without asking.

Maybe it's just me, but in daily life no one bugs me about it.

Now if you watch and believe the TV, just remember this is the same device that is giving you the Bachelor, Naked and Afraid, Big Brother and a host of other mind numbingly desperate TV shows that degrade your intelligence to the lowest dredges of society.

xena222

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
PA
I get some puzzled looks, yeah, still a little hard on me....but the FB commenter I am thinking MAY be an ex-smoker....they seem to be the meanest bunch I have come across when I smoked and now that I vape,,,,Can't much say I wouldn't be nasty not smoking if it weren't for vaping too LOL, they do not want to see anyone be happy and quit at the same time hehe!!

Big Tobacco and the govt will continue to feed people lies to make money - and people who haven't done any actual study (I have since the day I considered vaping :D ) - they do not understand, and some people, even if you choose to try to educate them will just never listen....The funny thing about my Facebook friends - when they found out I was vaping and not smoking, not ONE of them made a bad comment (I have over 2000 friends - LOL)...the people who commented who really KNOW me were just happy to see that I had decided to quit slowly killing myself with cigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread