So there's a few different atlantis coils going around...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xuda

May 13, 2015
One version has two airflow inlets and smaller wick exposures (the part of the coil that lets the ejuice touch the wick, at least). There are some other coils that have four air inlets instead of two and also larger exposure holes than the two inlet version. Both are rated .5 ohm. Different vape shops sell one or the other but not both, from what I've seen.

What's the difference? Is one an older version or something?

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
My guess would be that the Atlantis coils with smaller air inlets, are v1 coils, that work best with the original Atlantis' single air flow slot, while the other coils are v2, designed for the Atlantis 2's dual airflow.
That's exactly right. Although both work fine in either tank.

Guzz

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2014
Tempe, AZ
These are Atlantis/Triton coils that are available:

Atlantis Coils
0.3 ohm Ka: 70-80W ver. 1: 2 holes, white O-ring
0.5 ohm ka: 20-30W ver. 1: 2 holes, white O-ring
1.0 ohm ka: 40-50W ver. 1: 2 holes, white O-ring

0.3 ohm Ka: 70-80W ver. 2: 4 holes, white O-ring
0.5 ohm ka: 20-30W ver. 2: 4 holes, white O-ring
1.0 ohm ka: 40-50W ver. 2: 4 holes, white O-ring

Triton Coils
0.3 ohm SS: 45-55W 4 holes, black O-ring
0.4 ohm SS: 25-30W 4 holes, black O-ring
1.8 ohm Ka: 10-13W 2 holes, blue O-Rings

Ka=Kanthal
SS=Stainless Steel

All of these can be used in the Atlantis series of Clearomizers (Atlantis v1,2, Mega) and Triton

Wing

Feb 25, 2012
Hampton Bays
When you refer to 2 holes (version 1) versus 4 holes (version 2), are you referring to the wick holes in the barrel of the coil, or the air holes in the positive pin? I've never seen Atlantis coils with just 2 wick holes in the barrel of the coil.

He's referring to the number of air holes in the positive post.
V1 and V2 both have the same number of wicking holes. It's just the diameter of the wick holes that is different.

Guzz

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2014
Tempe, AZ
When you refer to 2 holes (version 1) versus 4 holes (version 2), are you referring to the wick holes in the barrel of the coil, or the air holes in the positive pin? I've never seen Atlantis coils with just 2 wick holes in the barrel of the coil.
I'm referring to the number of holes on the bottom positive pin.

I haven't seen any authentic Atlantis/Triton coils that only have 2 wick holes, that I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread