So what is your story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subvert_All

Dec 29, 2009
Haddock, Ga
I'm 34 and started smoking at 13. Both parents and most family members smoked. Spending 10 years in the army infantry, then into other stressful jobs has definitely been a factor in my not being able to quit as easily as I would like.

Just started vaping 2 weeks ago, and I'm hooked already. Dropped my analog use from 1+ pack a day to 4-5 analogs. ECF helped me make the decision to go with the kr8 from V4L. I couldn't be happier with my decision, and I just got my girlfriend her own kr8 too!

kunstkammer

Dec 27, 2009
Olympia
I'm updating myself, since I can't remember if I've posted in this thread before. ;)

It's been a couple of weeks, I believe, since I started vaping. I was smoking an average of a half-pack to two-thirds pack American Spirits a day. With my first week of vaping, it took me a full week to get through one pack and I haven't smoked another analog since.

I'm still figuring out what strengths I prefer, and what flavors. It's definitely trial and error. But at this point I'm alternating between my two batteries and two different flavors all day (often two different strengths as well) and doing it that way basically a cart is lasting me, on average, three days or so. I'm sure this makes sense to a lot of folks, but when I use a higher strength I vape less. It also helps if the flavor doesn't taste like dessert. ;) This is a much sweeter (and with coconut cream pie, DEFINITELY sweeter!) way of getting a nicotine fix than, say, Nicorette gum.

I think about getting a pack of analogs from time to time, but honestly the thought of having the smell around me again and the ashes doesn't appeal to me in the least. So far, so good.

I'm still learning how to tell when my cart is done, as I seem to still have lots of vapor until the end but the flavor wanes. I'm not interested in doing my own refilling so that's trial and error too, but I'm having a great time learning!

BonesAnderson

Jan 15, 2010
Utah
Just got my V4L today and I have like it very much. It is an improvement to the ones I got before. I have been smoking for some 20 years now. I have been vaping for about 6 weeks now. I don't smoke anymore at work but still have about 2 or 3 analogs a day. Will soon cut them out completely. Thanks for all the info and advise you guys are great and thanks V4L for making a good product. It was great right out of the box and the time for the shipment didn't take long until I got my product.

TheVTech

ECF Veteran
I have been smoking analog for just over 30 years at about 3-4 packs a day.
I chain smoke. I enjoy smoking. I like to blow smoke. 8-o :oops:
All that changed the day I got my first E-cig. Unfortunately I found Blu first. I waited and waited but eventually got my items and stopped smoking analogs day one.
Since then I have found V4L and haven't had a desire to go back to analog anymore.
It's nice to be able to smoke when I want to where I want to again.
I don't know if or when I'll stop smoking all together but it's nice to have this option over the analogs. Digital has always been better and once again this is being proved.
I'll keep buying the carts and smoking my Kamels for as long as they make em.
Keep up the great work! :thumbs:

CritterBuddy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Chewed/dipped tobacco for 2 years and then smoked for 37 years. You may have to be from a farm community to understand this, or very old like me ;), but I used to work on the kill floor of a locker plant and had to stop chewing/dipping due to sanitary conditions associated with it... but I could smoke! Go figure. Tried patches, gum, cutting back, cold turkey, even a private hypnotism session but to no avail. I have friends who quit with some of the new medications available today but also have friends who had sever problems with this same medication so was concerned to try them myself. Got my V4L kit, cut back smoking for a week to adjust, and have now been smoke free for over a week. This will work - thank you V4L!!

When I first got my kit I of course had to try it immediately. Screwed on a cart, big puff... cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough. My dear wife of 30+ years looked at me and said, "That looks like a plan." Amazing the relationship you have after 30+ years of marriage. :thumbs:

The only mistake I made starting this was I started with 36mg thinking I needed a strong dose to change over. Wrong! I calculated approximately how much nicotine I was getting from smoking and realized I started way too strong. Ordered an extra bottle of juice with initial order, ran to Hobby Lobby for supplies, and mixed up some 18mg. However, my next order will probably be for 12mg as I've discovered the throat hit is not as important to me as the amount of vapor so I can fully inhale it into my lungs.

Before I forget, thank you Steve and Company for the freebies with my last order! The extra carts were great and of flavors I probably would not have ordered. I did enjoy them.

Fly Vapor

Oct 1, 2009
Been smoking since 12yrs old. I'm 55.
Diagnosed with bladder cancer, very aggressive.
After many surgeries later, Doing chemo before radical surgery.
Wish I new about E-Cigs years ago.
Should of , could of, would of, so be it.
Tabacco is a Sick, Additictive, Enhanced product.
Since I have been vaping the following changes have happened to me.
1- My Lung capacity is 10 fold better. I no longer sound like a squeeze box when sleeping.
2- My left foot is no longer Blue and the remaining viens are pink.
3- Tounge is pink and not coated or gray. Vape has a bit of bite after eating though. (Others Report This Also)
4- Tingle in fingers and toes have disappeared.
5- Skin color changed also. Pinker and rosy good flesh tone.
6- Overall feeling of well being improved besides the cancer.
7- Really cant tell now whether Nicotine in juice or not.

Sloan Kettering really does not understand the Vaping thing. I state I quit smoking and now I'm Vaping. they say Oh' OK.

All I can say is that it's working for me and hope the GOV doesn't step in and screw this up because they can't suck cash from this.

Research must be unbiased and detailed enough to make sure WE vaporers are safe.
As with anything new, there will be Pros and Cons.
Speaking for myself- I wish I knew about this long ago.

Question: How Long has VAPING been Going On?

PEACE and LOVE
FLYMAN

fair dinkum

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
Australia
Well done Flyman and I hope things work out for you and your health continues to improve.

It's the same here with the government not allowing the sale of e-cigs. Whilst they complain about the damage that cigarettes do to people's health and the rising costs of health services due to this problem, they won't allow the sale of a product that works so well in the fight against smoking. Maybe it's because of the billions that they rake in every year from tax on tobacco products or it might just be the ineptitude of politicians, or maybe a combination of both.

Not much of a story but...I think I placed my order on the 13th of January and received it the 15th, I ordered the Ultimate Shorty kit, I didn't know much about vapeing then and still don't know much but what I did know that was after doing my homework (like I do before each purchase nowadays) I noticed that no matter where I looked whether it be YouTube, these forums, Google searches, new networks (MSNBC) and many others the name that people were saying (and typing) was Steve at Vapor 4 Life, I am a man of the people and usually decide on the quality of something not by what the companies tell me but what the people that have bought the product have said. Hearing the name about 7 times in 30 minutes of research made me curious so I immediately went to my address bar and typed it in. After doing about 30 more minutes of research I decided to try it out.... I am attempting to quit smoking Newports and have had trouble quitting in the past, Im the type of person who likes everything new tech though and just had to try this and get one.. while waiting and doing even MORE research a friend of mine stopped in and saw what I was looking up on my computer and asked about it, being a smoker himself I got excited and began showing him youtube videos (Made by V4L and others) on how these things worked. He pulled out his credit card and placed an order right there at my house...... lol. Since my kit has come in I have been basking in the pleasure that is a PV, did I mention I was an asthmatic and smoked a pack a day for 9 going on 10 years? My body couldn't handle analogs anymore, I was breaking down at the young age of 23, from coughing blood to waking up hacking and just getting really sick ALL THE TIME. I truely in my heart of hearts believe that this device is an answer to my prayers as I would have surely became fatally ill at a young age and/or may have collapsed a lung in the years to come. I have (and probably will always have) no need to go back to the death cult habit that is habitual analog smoking, it was a curse, and it has now been broken. I am interested in lung juices that I have read about on the forums, some may (or may not) help heal the lungs slowly through therapeutic vapors, if anyone can help me or refer me to something like this that would be awesome, it's only been 2 days.... but now I have a lifetime.

Last edited:

jeffree

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
california
Just wanted to pop in to let you all know how much I've enjoyed this forum today, especially your personal stories. Very inspiring for a new guy like me. I smoked Marlboro Lights, pack per day, for about 35 years. Always wanted to quit, but never worried too much about it for one lame reason or another. Did try to quit a couple of time, and using nicotine gum, I even managed to stop completely, very gradually, about five years ago. Lasted for a month, but I chewed so much nico-gum that my teeth hurt. Ran into ecigs and V4L just a week ago after a lot of online research. Ordered the VK and GreenSmoke products to compare for a week, and the GSs go back tomorrow. They do have a lot more vapor than the VKs, but everything else about the VKs wins for me... the website, variety, prices, build quality, and that nice family touch. From my first hit of an ecig, four days ago, I haven't touched a Marlboro. Just started vaping whenever I'd typically grab a cig, and it's almost too easy for me. Yeah, the cig cravings come from time to time--and may get worse in the future--but vaping really does the trick for me. Covers the whole physical-emotional thing about smoking that I'd enjoyed and never found elsewhere before. What a fantastic idea, and V4L seems like a gem in the field. Couldn't be happier about my initial experience. I won't return to regular cigs, and for the first time in my life, I state this with absolute certainty. I'll return to update my progress once in a while, but mainly to keep being inspired by those of you who are a step or three ahead of me. Please keep it going! Cheers~

Soul

Jan 19, 2010
San Diego
Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum and I feel a bit out of place as I'm only 20 years old, but I'd like to share my (short) smoking experience with everyone.. as an insight to the younger generation I suppose.

I'll start with saying I've never had a cigarette. I've had no interest in cigarettes themselves. However in a party a few months ago everyone was taking hits off a hookah.. I didn't think much of it and tried it- very fun.

A few weeks later there was another party with the same group of people and we were having fun when between me and the host we decided we would try to really master smoke rings. We sat there for three hours passing the hose back and forth, and pretty much got it down.

The next day, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I had no idea why, but after several hours I realized it was probably the first step of addiction.. I've never been addicted to anything so its hard for me to know for sure, so if saying this is what I felt is at all an insult to the difficulties some members of these forums have gone through, I apologize for that.

After realizing it might be addiction behavior, I decided to look up the facts.. to quote from wikipedia-
Reports by the World Health Organization and the American Cancer Society have shown that, in a one-hour hookah session, users consume about 100 to 200 times the smoke and about 70 times the nicotine as they do in one cigarette.[28]

So in basically my second smoking session I got the nicotine equivalent of 210 cigarettes.

(As an aside, my friend, the host, told me that the water filters out the nicotine and tar. Uh huh. :rolleyes:)

Either way, I started looking around, I wanted to smoke. I always throught smoking was pretty cool, but the smell, disease and dependence was not. Regardless, If I were born ten years earlier, I would have picked up a pack of cigarettes and a lighter, no question about it.

But this is now. After finding the information on the amounts of nicotine and smoke from hookah I decided to look for different ways that I could enjoy the flavor and the tricks without any risk and relatively low cost. I found the electronic cigarette and after filtering through some of the best reviews decided to order from vapor4life.

I placed my order yesterday and I'm really looking forward to it :)

x3x

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
california
I'm a manicurist and was doing nail on 1 of my client , i told her about V4L cus she wanna start to quit smoking. I let her try on one of my VK and she was like HOLY SHIET !! LOL. I gave her one of V4L business card so she can get 1 of them, cus she said theres peps in the mall sell Smokingeverywhere for 129 + tax and tats hella expensive.

JosephDillon

Jan 20, 2010
New Zealand
Just a freshie from New Zealand wanting to say hi to all. Very interesting and inspiring thread. Up until my kit arrived from v4l two days ago I was seriously suffering...........7 days into an attempt to quit analogs I was more unpleasant than is humanly possible. Psychotic and not in a nice way :D. But now I can happily report a fine evening vaping vanilla, listening to music of the lovely Adele, sipping on a beer.............Yay for me (Did I say that?)8-o
24 years at over a pack a day and for what?
Fickle I may be but a few days ago I may have sold myself to all-comers for the smokey touch of my evil ex friends. But now I am a most happy vaping dude........................."sips his beer"............life is good, just plain good.

DWTaylor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
South Dakota
datsvaper.com
I started smoking in jr high, about 13 years ago. I have been a happy smoker cause I don't care what the NON smokers thought, until I married one....
So she got me a Volcano to try to quit.
I like the size, I can put it in my pocket and roll, I got a blu as well cause they never canceled the order.
I pass that one around for friends to try it.
I love the vape but I am still wanting a smoke every now and again

Rotaryfeen

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Millbrae, Ca.
I have been smoking at around 14 to 15 years of age. i am 32 now so little over have my life :(. 1 day I went to visit a friend at his work place. As we were talking he picked up a e-cig. I was like hay whats that cuz i have never seen 1 be4. Asked him a few quick questions about it didn't get to deep. What amazed me was he could do it inside and there was no smell :confused:. So a few days later i started to do research and looked it up on the web and saw a bunch of things on youtube. MAJOR props to ppl who made vids and went out to get interviews with doctors and other ppl about its uses. Thats what convinced me to try it. So i did some more digging and after alot of thought I went and ordered a kit from V4L. OMG it got here fast :D. I mean i ordered on 4:30 pm on the 19th and its here at the 21st at around 12pm 8-o. I DIDN'T pay for express shipping :thumbs:.I am making this post at 7 pm so for the past 7 hours or so i haven't touched an analog cig and I have 16 still left in a new pack I opened last nite. I LOVE it i can take a hit whenever i want with out having to light a cig or relight a cig that burnt out. I walk in my room and it doesnt smell like ... and cigarette butts :thumbs:. All i can say is i am satisfied :). Tho i think V4L coffee flavor is a bit overwhelmed by dekang just a bit. The free menthol samplers were nice. TWO :thumbs: 4 V4L and everyone a longer happier healthier life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread