Something Simpler

Status
Not open for further replies.

crenfrow524

Mar 14, 2015
Goshen, IN
Well simplest I can recommend is an istick TC40W and a nautilus Mini. I quit using Cig-A-Likes but it was the first MOD/tank kit I ever owned and still use.
Thank you, this is the kinda help I'm looking for! Do you find the Nautilus Mini to have good flavor and in my reading I found an rebuildable coil for it but didn't see many reviews on it. Do you have experience with the rta part? I'm not sure if I'll get stock coils primarily or not but it's good to have the options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Can this discussion be started on another thread please. I'm really trying to find good recommendations to quit smoking and not have the post get off track. Thanks.

it's on topic. so no. Simple suggestion that was called into question so it is relevant to clarify

Caihlen

Verified Member
Feb 9, 2017
I went down a similar path not to long ago. I was blazing through juice with aTfv8 and watts. I got turned on to squonking and now vape a couple of mech Squonkers with single coil atty's, and only go through about 6 mls of juice a day, big flavor, long battery life, and I'm not smoking. It took a while to get here but I'm quite satisfied. When I want a change of pace I'll drip with a goon, or fire up the big tank. YMMV.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Thank you, this is the kinda help I'm looking for! Do you find the Nautilus Mini to have good flavor and in my reading I found an rebuildable coil for it but didn't see many reviews on it. Do you have experience with the rta part? I'm not sure if I'll get stock coils primarily or not but it's good to have the options.

I mainly use the stock 1.6Ω coils because I want simple. The Rebuild-able deck from what I "hear" is small and hard to build. I have many RBA/RBTA's and Drippers that I can't be bothered building or dripping every couple of hits.

crenfrow524

Mar 14, 2015
Goshen, IN
it's on topic. so no. Simple suggestion that was called into question so it is relevant to clarify
Not when I asked from the beginning about tanks that were not similar to subohm, cloud chasing tanks. I have those, I'm looking for a change. So it was never on topic. If I wanted this style tank, I would keep using my TFV8. Which from my experience produces better flavor and clouds while being easier to use. It just is not what I am trying to do anymore.

Reactions: BackDoc

crenfrow524

Mar 14, 2015
Goshen, IN
I went down a similar path not to long ago. I was blazing through juice with aTfv8 and watts. I got turned on to squonking and now vape a couple of mech Squonkers with single coil atty's, and only go through about 6 mls of juice a day, big flavor, long battery life, and I'm not smoking. It took a while to get here but I'm quite satisfied. When I want a change of pace I'll drip with a goon, or fire up the big tank. YMMV.
That is what I'm going to do with my current set-up. It'll be here when I want it but for quitting smoking I feel I need something different. Is Squonkers the brand? I'll have to check into it and see if maybe this is something that intrigues me. Thanks!

Reactions: motordude

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Trolling

crenfrow524

Mar 14, 2015
Goshen, IN
I mainly use the stock 1.6Ω coils because I want simple. The Rebuild-able deck from what I "hear" is small and hard to build. I have many RBA/RBTA's and Drippers that I can't be bothered building or dripping every couple of hits.
Alright, so far the kayfun mini v3 and the Nautilus are leading the pack. Maybe a nice miniature mod to through them on.

crenfrow524

Mar 14, 2015
Goshen, IN
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Cleaning up / Collateral Damage

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
That is what I'm going to do with my current set-up. It'll be here when I want it but for quitting smoking I feel I need something different. Is Squonkers the brand? I'll have to check into it and see if maybe this is something that intrigues me. Thanks!

A squonker is a mod that has a bottle inside it and a 510 pin with a hole in it for juice to flow through. You put a bottom feed atty on it (one that has a whole in the center pin for juice to flow through). That way you can squeeze the bottle and push juice up into the atty to vape. Like dripping, but from a built-in bottle. So, the taste of dripping with the convenience of a tank.

I hope I explained that right. The most well known squonker is the REO. It's a mechanical squonker. There are a few variable squonkers too.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
C'mon guys---dl and mtl are different. Period. Give it a rest.....
BTW, a squonker can use both kinds, dl or mtl. It just depends on the atty you choose. I vape mtl. So, I use mostly the RM2.

crenfrow524

Mar 14, 2015
Goshen, IN
A squonker is a mod that has a bottle inside it and a 510 pin with a hole in it for juice to flow through. You put a bottom feed atty on it (one that has a whole in the center pin for juice to flow through). That way you can squeeze the bottle and push juice up into the atty to vape. Like dripping, but from a built-in bottle. So, the taste of dripping with the convenience of a tank.

I hope I explained that right. The most well known squonker is the REO. It's a mechanical squonker. There are a few variable squonkers too.
Oooh that sounds great. I like the flavor all of my drippers give but it is a pain to take out of the house. Thank you.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
There is a mental attitude about quitting cigs. I was disgusted with the smell everywhere and the stigma. It affected my home life and my career. I talked myself in to having an attitude about cigs.

Flavor atties tend to not have a lot of air. Why does a flavor chaser want air? The Nautilus, Kayfun RTA and there are others, but a long slow draw that only pulls in enough air to carry the vape up the chimney. A small chamber and shorter domed chimney. PG is better at carrying the flavor.

I would keep the mod, just turn it down to match the RTA on top of it.

I vaped only when I had a physical urge, just to determine my Nic need. If I wanted to chain vape while watching a sports game, I have a tank with slightly less Nic.

I would just get a flavor atty that is a clone and try that for a week. Then reconsider your wants

and read and read. This forum is populated more by chatting hobbyists, so power equipment is suggested more often than not. Don't forget what size tank you want.

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Oooh that sounds great. I like the flavor all of my drippers give but it is a pain to take out of the house. Thank you.

I was going to suggest the copper vapes squonk mod, an rm2 or other mtl atty and readyXwick when I read your first post.

Seemed to fit your ease of use and change of pace needs while maximizing your flavor.

And it's fairly cheap for a decent starter squonker setup.

Best of all, you can dry burn that wick and keep using it.

No need to rewick every couple days.

Maybe poke around in the bottom feeder forum for some suggestions and see if anything interests you.

Don't get mad at me if any of this is unavailable. The wick and atty haven't been discussed where I frequent lately.

Tapatyped

Reactions: MMW

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't know if it will work for you but my favorite mtl setup consists of an istick 30 watt and a gs-air topper with 1.5Ω coils running at 7.5 to 8 watts. I now rebuild my coils but they are really not that expensive. I get lots of flavor and plenty of vapor from my DIY e-liquid with this setup. The gs-air toppers come in 3 different sizes. I can't say that I like one more than the other but If you go through a lot of e-liquid a day you might prefer the largest one. It holds about 3 1/2-4 mls.

@crenfrow524 Edited to add: I have not observed any leaking with my gs-airs and right now I have 4 of them in service (1 full size, 1 shorty and 2 gs-air 2 mini's) I vape anywhere from 6 all the way up to 16 mg e=liquid in them. 6 being my dessert type flavors. Since you are vaping 3 mg in the equipment you have now and are not satisfied I think you should try a few higher levels to see what works to keep the smoke cravings at bay.

Last edited:

Gaurav

May 19, 2016
Before it was about the clouds as I thought that would help. Now I want the flavor. With my TFV8 Cloud Beast I was using 3mg as I heard anything more can be painful. I was too nervous to try. I would like a small mod this time for easy of carrying and leave the RX200 for my home use. The mod part I'm not so worried about though as anything can work now days.

I looked at the kayfun and nautilus online and they seem to be good for MTL which I'm leaning towards. I have 5 rdas and 2 good subohm airy lung hitting tanks to use when I want that feel. Would the kayfun clones be a good route? The authentics are pricey, but if that's the only real way to go I can do it. I enjoy vaping the way I do now but it doesn't seem like it's helping to quit, more like another hobby I do when watching TV.

I'll keep searching and post more questions when I find more tanks I'm interested in too. So far the kayfun and nautilus seem to be leading with what I have read today.

Don't get a nautilus - no flavour in my opinion (very muted)

Kayfun - I never had luck with the clones, but there are other people who use them and just change the o_rings if necessary.

Higher the nic on your juice will also stop cig cravings - don't be worried about this because if you do switch to fully vaping you will find the nic level you use go lower over time

Just keep at it and you will slowly switch to vaping - you will notice the benefits and prefer the taste of vape

Reactions: MMW

Vikaernes

Jan 21, 2014
Wildomar, CA
I've found, often (not always, but often) when it comes to vape gear, if you're looking for simpler, you're looking for a bit older. If you're going for a kayfun clone, and if you can find a Russian 91 version 1, it will serve you well. Simple as pie to wrap and wick, and IMO still the best RTA ever made (I still vape on one daily, and pretty much nothing else.) I fire it on a Procyon, but really any moderate wattage mod should do (I still prefer tube mods.) And I agree with Gaurav about maybe upping the nic level a bit. I still vape at 12mg after almost 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread