Sore Throat?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by jerobero, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerobero

jerobero Full Member

New To the vapeing experience, Every once in a while i get that burned throat feeling, using janty stick v3 sometimes with the 510 cartos sometimes with the 301s, AM I just vapeing to much?:

2. CBB

CBB Super Member ECF Veteran

Its hard to say with that info, are you keeping your atty/carto wet, are you using high PG juice or high nic? any of those things can cause a sore throat, and probably a few more that I have missed.

3. speedemon

speedemon Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Drink more fluids i had this issue more when new to vaping,not no more.

4. jerobero

jerobero Full Member

I was smoking 4 packs of pall mall a day, but Iv cut down to 10 cigs a day. I'v been hitting this thing since it came in mail today i guess about 12 hours straight. I keep it full and try not to take as big a hit and most of the time i dont inhale. Using 50/50 blend PG. Attys are clean and havent burned one up yet. Tried dripping a few times and shinning my flaslight in there, so worried about keeping it wet. Over all i like it. when i take a break my throat clears up, Just didnt know if maybe the nic is to much using 24mg.

5. speedemon

speedemon Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

No nic not prob the vapor dehydrates drink drink and drink.

6. jerobero

jerobero Full Member

Ok thanks. I have to close my browser and then sign back on to See reply's refreshing doesnt work or either ya'll (as we say in the south) are replying after i close. Any way glad to be part of something big, thanks for the advice and comments.

7. dormouse

dormouse ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Sore throat is usually nicotine level too high and/or you are using 100% PG liquid or close to it (does little to buffer nicotine's skin irritation) and/or you are not drinking enough fluids. Vaping can be drying.

8. Manfred1816

Manfred1816 Senior Member ECF Veteran

I was having the same problem, and, like everyone has been saying, I blame it on vaping straight PG. My lungs felt so much better, but when I would get out and do something active, my throat would burn horribly. I have recently been using a 70/30 mix with 12mg/ml nic. Like everyone else is saying, as well, water! I have always been used to the try mouth, though. I used to smoke American Spirits, and they dried my mouth out like crazy!

9. jerobero

jerobero Full Member

maybe im ahhh lergic to the pg. either way i still like this watermelon.

10. unsure

unsure ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Easy up on chain vaping if your doing it. If not all the above solutions will help.

11. jerobero

jerobero Full Member

I will try.

12. Kilogram

Kilogram Full Member

Its the chain vaping...LoL Analog's make your throat feel like sandpaper after a good nights sleep/

13. MissP

MissP Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

I chain vape (badly) and it is very normal. Your throat is dry and you may notice some dry nasal membrane too. I am at roughly 8 weeks vaping and the sore throat hits only when I hit a dry carto or after I have eaten something and start vaping again. (but that is only the first puff or two)
    It will get better, but if you dont have enough liquid in your system, it will continue. I keep water handy all day!

14. oplholik

oplholik Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Possibly for a sore, dry, or scratchy throat, along with plenty of water, have some throat lozenges around to suck on.

15. RonZ

RonZ Full Member

I had the same experience first day I started vaping from PG juices on auto batteries. Second day, my throat is much smoother with pleasant throat hit. However, I still get scratchy throat if I chain vaping. I ordered some VG based juice and going to try them out soon.

16. Wickyd

Wickyd Full Member

I've been having the same issue. I also thought I was vaping too much, but instead of cutting back, I started drinking more water. The sore throat is gone, but I find myself coughing a lot while vaping. Not the same kind of cough as a smokers cough, but more of a shortness of breath (similar to high altitude coughing, if anyone has experience it). I'm thinking I shouldn't take such deep hits, or would it be better to switch to VG (vaping PG now)

17. Thirteen

Thirteen Full Member

It's hard not too chain vape especially when you're using this wonderful product to try and quit smoking. Been vaping for 3 days, have had 0 cigarettes and I smoke packs daily before this. My throat was KILLING after the first full day of vaping, and today. I just chug chug and chug more water. Which I enjoy doing anyways whether or not I was vaping. I'm going to try this not chain vaping thing, see how it goes. The craving are getting worse though.

Is it bad if I smoke a few analogs while using the vape? It feels like I am cheating myself if I do that. I bought this and spent all the $ to quit smoking, yet I crave it and want to smoke analog. Seeing as chain vaping is killing my throat, analog seems like a good bet, but 3 days without one, I don't want to ruin that streak. :(

18. lpwaqas

lpwaqas Full Member

Hello,

I have discussed this in my post in details please check http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-vegetable-glycerin-v-s-propylene-glycol.html

Side Effects (per my own experience and talking to friends using VG as E-Liquid).

The most common noted side effect of inhalation of e-liquid containing vegetable glycerin is a dry mouth, sore throat, and increased thirst. These symptoms usually last just a few days to a week as the body gets used to the vegetable glycerin. These symptoms can also be elevated by drinking more water and liquids then usual for the first few weeks of using your e-cigarette.
    If you are moving from smoking traditional cigarettes to e-cigarettes, you will find there are many side effects of quitting smoking tobacco products. It is very easy for a new user of an e-cigarette to incorrectly attribute these quitting smoking side effects to the e-cigarette, when in fact they are likely the result of your bodies reaction to quitting smoking tobacco cigarettes. Side effects of quitting smoking include: Bad breath, stomach pain, nausea, constipation, increased appetite, skin breakout's, increased coughing, insomnia, depression, vagueness, irritability, gas, dry throat, nasal drip, dizziness, vertigo. Many of these side effects of quitting smoking will be alleviated by using the e-cigarette.

19. Thirteen

Thirteen Full Member

Great post lpwaqas. Thank you.

20. Empress Kitty

Empress Kitty Supreme Empress of Earth ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    It could be Nic but remember that PG is a drying/dehydrating agent. drink more fluid.

Also you could have a PG sensitivity, which can only be remedies by lowering PG and upping VG until you find a good balance

~Kitty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.