The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

specific equipment advice for dripping

Discussion in 'Atomizers and Cartridges' started by NeoPagan, Jul 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NeoPagan

NeoPagan Full Member

Jul 8, 2015
    Virginia
    I've been trying to educate myself, but the whole dripping thing has me a bit baffled (even the threads for beginners) so I'm hoping I can get some suggestions for exactly what I need to buy to work with what I already have.

I'm very happy with the tank setups I currently have, and only want to drip in order to test new flavors, juices I have steeping ,etc. My batteries are an iStick 30w with an Aspire Nautilus and an iTaste vv3 with aspire K1 and ET-S. I don't want to rebuild anything or make anything, I'm just looking for something that will be "plug and play", and I'd prefer it to not be too expensive (so I can buy more juice, of course).

Any advice you have for a cheap, confused, lazy newbie will be much appreciated ;)

2. MotoMudder

MotoMudder Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2013
    Sumner, WA
    The only thing I've heard of like that is a disposable atomizer thing. small, no wick, just drip and taste.
    Drippers, that most use, are all rebuildable, advanced items.
    I'm sure someone will chime in with the name of the thing I'm thinking of.

Wrong section too.

3. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I think they're called 510 dripping atomizers or bridgeless atomizers.

but nowadays with coilers like the kuro type, it's pretty plug n play to wrap your own neat coil and put it in an rda.

when it comes to cost, the answer is always rebuildable.

4. classwife

classwife Admin
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Ask The Vets Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Yep...perfect solution is a regular 510 atomizer

• Like Like x 1
  5. DreamWithin

DreamWithin
    Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 15, 2012
    New England
    Yep, exactly that ^^^

If you're using a variable power device, then resistance won't matter much. On an unregulated device, a good 'ol LR 510 atty is a nice vape for flavor-tasting

6. sparkky1

sparkky1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2014
    Nashville
    You could buy pre made coils Pre-Made Coils | Vape Naked
    pull and trim some cotton and a soak put the top back on.
    Coil Building Tutorials – RiPTrippers

7. suburbiansam

suburbiansam Full Member Verified Member

May 16, 2015
    Not gonna add much, but getting into RDA's really gives you a feel for how atomizers (even tanks) work. It shows you the difference in a 7wrap 26ga versus a 10wrap 30ga and a 6 wrap 24ga. It allows you much more control over your vapor production and taste. Give it a try, there are many tutorials out there that can help you get started. I use a jewelers screw driver to wrap my coils if a Kuro is not readily available, or you just dont want to spend $20 on a coil jig that you're not sure you will need a few months from now. Vaping is an adventure. The further you go down the rabbit hole the more wild and fun it becomes. Don't be afraid to try new things NeoPagan, you never know how they'll turn out. you just might become a full time dripper once you get the technique down. Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.