State by state guide to current vaping legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
I did notice that two bills in Indiana were introduced, that I was unaware of, and these bills remove some of the more drastic regulations that had been passed in previous legislation. One was the impossible security requirement and the other was the labels requiring all the different codings. So some good things are listed on that site, although I didn't yet read the newer bills that made these so called good changes.

That's what I was surprised to see as well. BUT the way it looks is they
are defining it as a tobacco product so that means sin tax eventually.
Missouri on the other hand wants to prevent welfare recipients from buying
tobacco products or vapor products with the welfare card.
Interesting reading, thanks.

Reactions: pennysmalls

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
That's what I was surprised to see as well. BUT the way it looks is they
are defining it as a tobacco product so that means sin tax eventually.
Missouri on the other hand wants to prevent welfare recipients from buying
tobacco products or vapor products with the welfare card.
Interesting reading, thanks.

I did notice the tobacco definition part and that sucks but these two newer bills at least try to reverse some of the things that were over the top craziness. Next I'd like to see the ban on online sales to Indiana residents from out of state companies with no Indiana license removed. I'm hoping now that Yoder is soon to be out of the picture we'll be seeing some of the more sane Indiana reps undoing some of his handiwork. As for the tobacco definition that guarantees future tax revenue, I don't think even the sane reps would pass that opportunity by.

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
I did notice the tobacco definition part and that sucks but these two newer bills at least try to reverse some of the things that were over the top craziness. Next I'd like to see the ban on online sales to Indiana residents from out of state companies with no Indiana license removed. I'm hoping now that Yoder is soon to be out of the picture we'll be seeing some of the more sane Indiana reps undoing some of his handiwork. As for the tobacco definition that guarantees future tax revenue, I don't think even the sane reps would pass that opportunity by.

I heard that Sen. Arnold, who I'm not sure, but he claimed to be a co-sponsor
of that Yoder bill, is not going to run again either.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
There's a thread dedicated to that bill:
Florida HB 1143 ?

Yes, and this bill is anathema as they go so far as attempt the hysterical combustion to vaping transmutation despite the clear definition of tobacco by constitutional referendum. Here in this purportedly conservative state we may see the opportunity take on this legislative viral hallucination and set preemptive legal precedent. If only.

Good luck all.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread