Still cool to not Sub-Ohm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratm69

Feb 3, 2015
Whenever i go out for a drink on the town with the lady, I'll see vapsters here and there with their sub-ohm setups. And here i am with my Nautilus Mini and whatever low-wattage mod I decided to pair it with.

Honestly, each day I seem to enjoy using these low wattage devices, such as the VV4 and a Nautilus Mini, more and more as opposed to my sub-ohm gear.

With my Nautilus, the flavor and throat hit is always spot on, and the vapor is nice too for what it is. I seem to be using this setup more and more lately... And when subbing, it's rare for me to get that satisfying hit, i just find myself vaping more and more to feel satisfied thus burn through a ton of juice. With a Nautilus, I get that satisfying hit right away and vape here and there.

With my sub-ohm gear, juices can be a hit or miss at times in terms of flavor and hit. But i can always count on my Nautilus Mini to give me exactly what I want each and every time.

I even bought a MVP20 at a killer price to perfectly compliment the Nautilus Mini. I wouldnt be burning through nearly as much juice, thus saving me money in the long run.

It's nice to blow crazy big clouds in public, but im starting to fall back on mimicking a standard cigarette with vaping rather than chase clouds.

Am i crazy for shying away from sub-ohming? Maybe it will be fun again after i take a break from it?

Stratm69

Feb 3, 2015
No, you're not crazy. But you're not mimicking a cigarette either. You are just vaping at low wattage. There's a big difference. :)

Well, vaping at low wattage with high resistance = hit and vapor similar to a cigarette. I was vaping on my Subtank RBA at 13 watts and .5 ohms earlier, still huge clouds and minimal throat hit if any. Just smooth, straight to lungs, vapor with the RBA.

MrCobble

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 11, 2013
Orlando, FL
www.lunavape.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Ongeslepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Amsterdamaged
We are all crazy! Happily crazy i hope ;)

I like the sub ohms, i also notice that i like more vg in my juice. 70%vg is what i think my favorite at the moment. i don't really enjoy the throat hit. Also with the lower wattage tanks i use 12mg nic juices, which already creates a throat hit and whenever i blow it out of my nose it feels like it's stinging it.. which i don't like. Not entirely sure if it's the nicotine or the pg. But because i put lower nics in my sub ohm tanks/dripper and higher vg then i don't have that problem anymore.

but one thing sucks though, it does evaporate my juice way to fast. hmm.. next test, building a higher resistance coil and vape it at lower watts :)

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Vape the way you like.
I don't get the big clouds in public attraction.
Probably deter more smokers wondering what it was and enquiring and probably getting interested in vaping , than someone with a more sedate set-up.
No, it's more the "Look how awesome I am Bro! I'm so cool Bro!"

...runs and hides... :pervy:

Tootle Puffers 4 Lyfe!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread