Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
hi there am i reading this correctly

are you saying you can use the kanger aero and protank coils in the kanger subtank mini

and if so how does it vape

is the draw a lot tighter ie for MTL and can it still do a good STL hit

also as the coil and wick is smaller does it still produce a good amount of flavor and vapor

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
hi there am i reading this correctly

are you saying you can use the kanger aero and protank coils in the kanger subtank mini

and if so how does it vape

is the draw a lot tighter ie for MTL and can it still do a good STL hit

also as the coil and wick is smaller does it still produce a good amount of flavor and vapor
I've used rebuilt Kanger dual-coil heads (the ones with the exposed wicks) inside my Subtank. To do so, you will need to place a rubber chimney cap from a single-coil head on top of the chimney cap that is already on the dual coil head. This is to create a seal along the central shaft--otherwise you risk an inordinate amount of flooding.

The experience is essentially an improvement on the flavor and vapor production of an Aerotank. It is still MTL due to the constricted airflow through the head, but the extra airflow from the Subtank controller gives the vapor more flavor and keeps the coil cooler, too, so that you can run lower resistance builds (I accidentally rebuilt one of the heads to 1.2 ohms and it worked wonderfully on the subtank).

The OCC coils still blow the old kanger coils away for vapor production and flavor or if you are a lunger. However, in a pinch, or for those preferring a cooler MTL experience, using the old BDCs is a viable alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread