Swollen Throats?

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by Cyia, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cyia

Cyia Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Both my husband and I have been experiencing sore and swollen throats lately that mainly feel swollen around the tonsil area. The weather hasn't changed, we both have ok sinuses, I don't have tonsils lol. My husband said his swelling went down after two days, mine just started when I woke up. I have no other signs of sickness and neither does or did he. Do you think the swollen feeling is due to the vaping? Him and I tend to chain vape on and off during the day, we drink plenty of fluids, so I'm really not sure why we both got swollen throats. I hope it's not due to the vaping, but has anyone else experienced this?

2. StarrzChylde

StarrzChylde Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sore throats are pretty common after quitting analogs. I'm not sure if vaping aggravates it or not, but it's definitely a sign of your body healing from the analogs. Lots of water to help the process and it will go away. :)

But, if you are concerned, a quick trip to the doc is always a good bet.

Hope you feel better!

3. Sandybeach40

Sandybeach40 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yes this happened to me after my second day analog free. I had a mild sore throat for about 2 days. Then I was fine but I got laid off friday and have been chain vaping and the sore throat is back. I think over vaiping is the problem.

4. CaptJay

CaptJay Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Drink more - drink a LOT more than you would normally drink.
    My throat was almost swollen shut after the first week - after that I drank more (especially during vaping) and the problem went away.

5. JoeChemo

JoeChemo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Well I never got a sore throat from quitting analogs. But I did have a sore throat for a few days when I began vaping. I was vaping 100% PG to begin with and my sore throat only lasted a couple of days. PG and/or VG will dry you out so the suggestions on drinking more water is a good one.

6. BigMike

BigMike Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

I too had the sore throat from vaping within the first few days.. it lasted about 2 days and I haven't had it since.

7. Java_Az

Java_Az Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just got back from FreedomSmokeUSA a local company here in Tucson that i found last night via this forum. I burnt out my last two atomizers i had and needed some replacements bad. Just got to 3 weeks without a analog and really didnt want to go buy any. After called the 1-800 number and talking to dave he had me stop by. This was a eye opening experience for me. Not all liquids are the same. I was using a company that didnt use 99.999 % pure Nicotine. I also had a sore throat at the beginning for 4 or 5 days. I just wonder if i would have started on a liquid that uses all pure ingredient's if i would have still gotten a sore throat. Anyways just a thought and maybe something to look into. I hear a lot of negative comments about the Chinese E liquids. Which are pretty much in all the pre filled carts you get in a starter kit.

8. Cyia

Cyia Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've been using a lot of mixtures of juice recently which might also be my problem. me switching juices so often is probably not a good idea lol.

9. Krandle

Krandle Senior Member ECF Veteran

I've had a sore and slightly swollen throat come an go recently and noticed it became worse with specific juices. I was also losing the flavor on everything at the same time. I've been using different juices a lot lately since I'm new and wanted to try different stuff. So... after cleaning my atty and even the filler in the carts, I've been vaping only two juices from the same vendor (BWB) for a day and my sore throat has all but cleared up.
    I hope it stays that way.

10. LastRide

LastRide Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have the same problem and I still smoke analog's. I quit smoking the E Cig for a month because of it. Tonight I took maybe 4-5 puffs off my E Cig and my throat started to swell a little. I do think it is with certain juices because a couple other I seem to be ok. I have like 9 different juices pre-mixed, lots of flavours, mixing tools,PG/VG. I been thinking of just quitting E Cigs. You can't even sleep when your throat swell's. Plus it seems to last a few days until your throat opens up. We'll see what happens.

11. PandaMonia

PandaMonia Senior Member ECF Veteran

This happens to me all the time when I switch analogs what I have found to work the best is take a LOT of vitamin C like 2 days worth in one day, as soon as you feel a sore throat coming take vit. C and you will be cured

12. Vapolamp

Vapolamp Full Member

I get a bit of a raspyness in the back of my throat when I chain vape, but I have never felt any signs of swelling. Maybe it has something to do with the liquid you are using since both of you are getting it.

13. chele_808

chele_808 Full Member

are you vaping pg or vg? the pg make me sick....sore throat, cough and runny nose. after that experience i did some research and ordered vg from american eliquid store. why? all their ingredients are purchased from us based businesses. the nicotine is 99.8% pure, the flavorings are food grade and the vg is united states pharmaceutical grade. choose your nicotine, base and flavor and they custom mix your eliquid. i really like knowing that my eliquid is clean, fresh and made in the good old u s of a. i had lots of questions and they got back to me very quickly....and got my order to me in less than a week.

i have not smoked in 5 weeks. i don't have the desire to, even when i'm out at the pub.

viva la 510!

14. atavanhalen

atavanhalen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I get scratchiness in the back of my throat, I do not think it is swollen though, but I think this has more to do with the high nic content and using only high voltage but, a little raspyness is well worth the flavor and throat kick trade off. I am gonna try really hard to drink more water when I vape to see if I can't get rid of this problem.

15. TheLordWinter

TheLordWinter Senior Member

Ok, after seeing these comments and symptoms, I have to ask. Is it possible to scald one's throat using an e-cig? Sounds like that might be what's happening after reading the above post. Other possibilities, such as allergies, have already been covered, so I won't bring them up.

16. CaptJay

CaptJay Vaping Master ECF Veteran

The vapor really doesn't get that hot TLW - most of mine feels quite cool in fact at least at normal voltage (under 6v). I can possibly see people burning a lip if they use a carto (as opposed to an atty with mouthpiece) but not a throat. Vapor doesn't get as hot as boiling liquid and we drink coffee made with boiling water (or close to boiling) without too much issue (I add powder milk to mine not cold milk btw).
    Mostly the throat thing is not drinking enough, or getting used to the PG or VG (both will dry out your mucosa), or being alittle sensitive to something in nic juice (usually the flavoring or the carrier liquid).
    It goes away after a short period - but you must must MUST increase your liquid consumption.

17. TheLordWinter

TheLordWinter Senior Member

ok, that's good to know. I was concerned that I might have to be careful about the voltages on the e-cigs. Also, having a handful of allergies, some of them strange, I'll be on the lookout for any signs of a reaction.

18. humarock

humarock Super Member ECF Veteran

on my 4th day and using the pre-filled carts that came with my starter kit, I noticed after a draw that my throat was raspy and stinging....i ordered more ejuices that came in yesterday and notice a difference, they are smoother and not getting the scratchy, itchiness after a draw....but I am drinking lots and LOTS of water, have even (this is awesome) dropped my 2 litre of Diet Coke a day habit as well....hmmm....as I'm just new to this, I agree with another poster that I would like to know exactly what is in my juices, so I'm still researching that and vendors, etc....

19. StevOs_Wifey86

StevOs_Wifey86 Full Member

I'm having the same problem, but it has been 3 weeks since i started vaping... i normally drink alot of water. Should I drink more and see what happens or should i switch to a different juice?

20. gbot1999

gbot1999 Full Member

It happens to me when i've been vaping for long periods of time without drinking water.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.