Syringes for Refilling Liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

xICooRsYIx

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
Hey everyone.

I was wondering what size syringe needles are recommended when refilling tanks and what not. My girlfriend brought me some from her work last night that are 5ml, but the needles seem to be really thin. Almost like the ones they use for taking blood or something (shes an oral surgeon assistant).

So if you guys could help me with the correct/recommended needle size and possibly a link to purchase them cheap that would be greatly appreciated.

-xICooRsYIx

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Color coded I believe,
1468861.jpg

I suggest using a dremel grinder or cutoff wheel to burn the sharp needle off the tip to make them blunt, use any size syringe from any medical supply or even tractor supply (injecting animals) to fill the bottle, just make sure you rinse them well

I got an 18ga from ECBlends on my last order, works great!

Last edited:

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Depending on VG content 14g to 20g will work nicely. If your juice is high in VG I would go for 14g to 16g, if higher in PG then try 16g to 20g.

14g is a pretty big hole, it will allow thinner juice to drip out. I only use 14g in DIY for pure VG when mixing.

I remember when I first tried DIY I had some 22g in the back of my rig (EMT gear) it was useless, way too small.

coalyard

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Rome, NY, USA
I get them cheap at Tractor Supply here in NY. Needles, 16&18ga, 1.5" long. These are good for winding micro coils, but you have to be careful, they are sharp! $2.50 for 6 of them. Syringes that fit the needles (leur-lock) are $.29 each. I don't use those, I am a type 1 diabetic so my old syringes, which are 1/2ml work great when I remove the stabby part from them.

You could also try an electronics or industrial supply company, they sell blunt needle tips for dispensing potting material for electronics assembly. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread