Syringes for Refilling Liquids

Discussion in 'Requests for Opinions/Reviews' started by xICooRsYIx, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. xICooRsYIx

xICooRsYIx Senior Member ECF Veteran

Hey everyone.

I was wondering what size syringe needles are recommended when refilling tanks and what not. My girlfriend brought me some from her work last night that are 5ml, but the needles seem to be really thin. Almost like the ones they use for taking blood or something (shes an oral surgeon assistant).

So if you guys could help me with the correct/recommended needle size and possibly a link to purchase them cheap that would be greatly appreciated.

-xICooRsYIx

2. joecil

joecil Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have 14, 16 and 18 gauge blunt tip. I am looking for at least one of those sizes preferably the 14 or 16 gauge for use in taking liquid from a bottle to fill a tank. So far all I've found are the blunt tipped.

3. WarHawk-AVG

WarHawk-AVG Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Color coded I believe,[​IMG]
    I suggest using a dremel grinder or cutoff wheel to burn the sharp needle off the tip to make them blunt, use any size syringe from any medical supply or even tractor supply (injecting animals) to fill the bottle, just make sure you rinse them well

I got an 18ga from ECBlends on my last order, works great!

4. xICooRsYIx

Yeah looking at mine they are like a light purple. so probably the 24g one in your picture.

On the cap is says 21x1A as well as 0.8mmx25.4mm

-xICooRsYIx

5. sdennislee

sdennislee Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Depending on VG content 14g to 20g will work nicely. If your juice is high in VG I would go for 14g to 16g, if higher in PG then try 16g to 20g.

14g is a pretty big hole, it will allow thinner juice to drip out. I only use 14g in DIY for pure VG when mixing.

I remember when I first tried DIY I had some 22g in the back of my rig (EMT gear) it was useless, way too small.

6. xICooRsYIx

Okay so the smaller the "g" the bigger the needle?

-xICooRsYIx

7. WileECoyote

WileECoyote Super Member ECF Veteran

Yes. you are correct.

8. coalyard

coalyard Super Member ECF Veteran

I get them cheap at Tractor Supply here in NY. Needles, 16&18ga, 1.5" long. These are good for winding micro coils, but you have to be careful, they are sharp! $2.50 for 6 of them. Syringes that fit the needles (leur-lock) are $.29 each. I don't use those, I am a type 1 diabetic so my old syringes, which are 1/2ml work great when I remove the stabby part from them.

You could also try an electronics or industrial supply company, they sell blunt needle tips for dispensing potting material for electronics assembly. Good luck.

9. Stefanne74

Stefanne74 Full Member Verified Member

If she can get you syringes tell her a 18-21 gauge would be best. I am a nurse and that would be a large enough lumen for even the thicker liquid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.