Tankomizers - If only they worked

Status
Not open for further replies.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
I received my tankomizers the other day, you know the ones that have the little plastic tank that sits on a special atty. They are very expensive in the U.S. I believe but here in Australia they weren't too bad.

I bought 2 of the atty's and 8 tanks. My idea was I could have different juices in each and carry them about with ease, as they were pretty small. Also, there would be plenty in each of them when I went down the street for an hour or two and I felt like a vape or three.

If you read the CE2 thread you would have seen 'badkolo's experience with them. The fact that they were 'hit and miss' if they would work on a standard battery didn't help either. Didn't fill me with much confidence in them, but I had already ordered.

The Aussie supplier to give him credit gave me the option of canceling my order (which I refused) as he didn't know the manufacturer had changed the battery fitting. I was sure I could get them working with the 'staple mod' and sure enough I did.

I notice on the Aussie website they now have instructions on getting the best out of these. They are:

Take 3 drags, wait 3 seconds - give it time to rewick and then repeat. Good advice, but doesn't work unfortunately.

These things get dry wicking problems faster than an empty CE2.

I believe they are getting something like petrol tanks used to get in summer. Vapour Lock. Or a version of it. I am not the first to think so, but up until now I wasn't able to try them out to agree or disagree.

After the initial 3 or 4 drags I can wait a minute or two between drags and I'm lucky to get 2 small drags from it before blecch! Give it a shake and that wait time can be cut in half, but still it dries out quick.

I thought a small pinhole in the end of the tank would alleviate the problem which it sure did help. Unfortunately it also draws the juice out the hole and into the mouth. Not pleasant.

I thought if I covered the small pinhole with some breathable first aid tape it would help. Not much joy there except no mouth-full of juice. I now pull the tank off the atty every 2 drags and put it back on in the vain hope it will allow the pressure to equal out or something. Helps a tiny bit. I also try a few wrist flicks hope g-forces will help. Next I'll tie a string to it and do the 'Taryn Sin' on it between draws. Could be fun.

When these things work the put out great vapour, and a relatively coolish to warm vape, which I prefer. Sounds like the CE2 doesn't it? When its working . . .

Has any of the testers that 'badkolo' sent these out to come up with any ideas to make them work any better. I'd like to hear your thoughts and ideas. Or are they just a complete waste of time.

==================================================

Beware of rant :grr::danger::offtopic:etc

I cannot believe this manufacturer has tested them at any length, and if they have, they must have buggered something up in the manufacturing process as they just don't perform.

And that's what gets me angry, real angry.

These are being sold at a exorbitant price for a extremely sub par product. But that's not the worst of it.

It's another reason for potential converts to vaping or new vapors to give up and go back on the cancer sticks. And that's not good enough.

DivaB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
Ohio
I, myself have not tried the tankomizer; however, I almost ordered it. I'm trying to do some research on it first. I'm honesly not finding much out there about them at all. Guess I'll wait a bit and see what further news comes around. I appreciate you sharing your experiences arj55, and I don't mind the rants at all.

capecodjim

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Cape Cod
Ya, Thanks for posting. I was looking at these but waited to pull the trigger. It's a great concept but if these are the one's I'm thinking about they didn't hold very much either and that's what held me back.

I can't be bothered with carts or carto's or dripping ... I need a no hassle all day vape with a juicer and the mini-pump mod works fine for me!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Arjay, I'm not sure what this tankomizer is that they are selling. I know that there is a new eGo-T that is about to be introduced in Italy any day now. Here's a discussion about this new invention. Nobody knows for sure what it is, how it works and if it has anything to do with the tankomizer you got, but it looks interesting.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
Katya, the ego version if the Tankomizer is on the website of the retailer in Austin, Texas. They're called "harmonyecig" dotcom

For those who haven't seen them yet

atomizer%20+%20container.jpg

Yes, the tank is really small - .3ml which is about the same as a normal carto I believe.

I tried thinning out my juice as 'br' said his worked okay with his juice but his juice is very thin.

It certainly worked a little better, but it tasted ghastly. Too much Vodka the first time, too much water the second time. :facepalm:

I believe five or six guys had these to try, so maybe some of them can let us know if they had any luck.

A family friend called the other night and said his wife was going to give ecigs a try (I'm not sure if she knows yet). He asked what he needed to get to get her started.

Pity these don't work better as they would have been a pretty good option. Easy to fill, easy to carry, great taste, great vapour, not too hot/cold, a little heavy on the juice but heh, and they seem OK on batteries.

Just think of the 10's of millions of prospective customers that the industry is missing out on. To be honest, I really thought big tobacco would have jumped at these (ecigs in general that is). An opportunity to keep generating income as the tobacco industry slows. I guess cigarette smokers aren't the only ones with their judgment clouded :vapor::vapor:

capecodjim

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Cape Cod
Yes, the tank is really small - .3ml which is about the same as a normal carto I believe.

Just think of the 10's of millions of prospective customers that the industry is missing out on. To be honest, I really thought big tobacco would have jumped at these (ecigs in general that is). An opportunity to keep generating income as the tobacco industry slows. I guess cigarette smokers aren't the only ones with their judgment clouded :vapor::vapor:

I thought they held .5 ml which is about 10 drops (20 drops per ml) if it's just .3 ml that would be about 6-7 drops... what's the point? Dripping would be easier....

Big tobacco can't make money off ecigs because they're not needed. They'll fight tooth and nail against vaping and even say it's a sin in tobacco country. Anyone can make an atty and connect it to a battery and get some PG or VG and flavoring and some nicotine and vape all they want. People don't grow their own tobacco and dry it etc.... Although if prices and taxes keep rising they might!

It's like solar energy.... no one can put a meter on the sun and charge you monthly so big business has little incentive to make solar panels for one time sale and it's a threat to their industry. Big business has no incentive to do anything but fight vaping to preserve and protect their own interests......

Follow the money!!!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
Your right Katya, I'm not convinced, but I am surmizing as much.

Our local 'Tankomizer' retailer intimated that the next shipment he gets will be around Christmas and he has been assured they would have 'regular' battery connections. He also intimated an eGo style, I think.

The eGo-T is the new big daddy sized cartridge which if I'm not mistaken 'badkolo' either invented or at least had a part to play in its inception. He suggested that the tank needed to be bigger, and I think suggested an eGo size tank which V1John, Nick and others have been wanting for ages. On this I could be wrong, my mind does sometimes play tricks on me :oops:

On the Harmony site they make reference to another company who makes the T-Cart

This cartridge works only with the "TANKOMIZER™" from CRR International, LLC. The T-Cart™ contains a 0.5ml tank for E-Cigarette Smoke Juice......The Trademarks "Tankomizer™" and "T-Cart™" are owned by CRR International, LLC All Rights Reserved, which is Harmony btw.

On the Ovale site they make reference to the cartridge as follows . . T-Type tank system. The picture of the tank cartridge has the same valve-flap type as the 510 version. The main differences are the size (duh!) and the whistle tip mouthpiece tapering at the mouthpiece end. The 510 is just squared off (see previous pic).

Just too alike for them not to be linked otherwise copyright must have been compromised one would think.

Just my idle thoughts on the matter :2cool:

clark8876

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
Perth, Australia
I believe five or six guys had these to try, so maybe some of them can let us know if they had any luck.

I had 3 of these on order as well but opted for the refund when they contacted me about the design change.

Sorry it didn't work out for you arjay, but I really like the concept.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
I had 3 of these on order as well but opted for the refund when they contacted me about the design change.

Sorry it didn't work out for you arjay, but I really like the concept.

It was sure worth a try, and I'm not out of pocket much - packet of smokes really.

Funny, that's how I justify ecig purchases to myself. 100x CE2's & 3x VGO Starter Kits, why that's hardly more than a carton of smokes - SOLD!! hehe

Anyhow, the new shipment should be here around Christmas and it will be interesting to see if they have made improvements. And if they're getting the eGo-T that Katya was talking about. Think I'll wait and see what the reviews are like this time though :)

Last edited:

VPJUNKIE510

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2010
this is the first review of the tankomizer I could find and the Harmony one look's like the austrailia one just cost more money.
I will wait till someone want's to get rid of it and pick up a used one to see what kind of fiddling around I can do. But as far as dumping money into a design that's very rarely talked about, I don't think so

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
I don't know where you got from, but i got some from kangleer the other day to try. Its true they do not work properly at all. The reason being is that there are too many holes in the atomier (4 of them) which is far too much considering a 510 has 2 only. What i have done is plugged 3 holes. Since then they have been working a treat really with no hiccup at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread