Tanks that are like the Nautilus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesbeat

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2016
I asked for recommendations for my first PV in another thread, and I got some really good advice.

I decided upon an istick 30w and a Nautilus tank.
The istick is on order, but I held off on the tank after seeing photos of it.
The glass portion of the tank just looks way to vulnerable to me - the glass sticks out further than the metal at the top of the unit.

Being a clumsy kind of a guy, I'd prefer something less fragile looking, but a bit of research has shown me that I don't have the knowledge to make the right choice.

I am moving over from smoking, and I think people recommended the Nautilus because it is a good MTL tank with adjustable airflow.

It also takes non-sub ohm coils, which I think is the right choice for me right now.
Incidentally, is there a word for a coil that isn't sub ohm?

So, to sum up, here's what I need:

Good for MTL (ability to do direct lung is a bonus but not essential if it compromises MTL quality)

Not sub ohm (again, ability to be used with sub ohm coils is a bonus but not essential)

Adjustable air flow

No reputation for leaking

Robust design. Bonus points for a cage around the glass, but must be able to check juice level, so no steel tanks.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for all the noob questions!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Welcome to ecf. There is also a Nautilus mini tank that will fit better on top of an Istick 30w than the regular sized one. It just doesn't hold as much liquid. Both use the exact same coils. Believe me, its not a fragile tank at all. I have dropped mine so many times,(shamed to admit that) and its been fine. Broken my own drip tip before the tank will ever crack.
go here Electronic Cigarette - Best Electronic Cigarette - Vapor Cigarette Search results for: 'nautilus'
when the page pops up there are a couple of items to look at.
1. the nautilus base for the reg and the mini
add that to this
Electronic Cigarette - Best Electronic Cigarette - Vapor Cigarette ASPIRE NAUTILUS MINI HOLLOWED OUT SLEEVE at www.evape.us
and you have the complete tank system.
Just a suggestion but its something to consider.
:)

eta: not recommending one vendor over another, just illustrating a product

Angel1964

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2016
Alberta Canada
You can get a replaceable stainless steel tank for both the nautilus and nautilus mini. The mini is an awesome tank and I never had problems with it. I sub ohm but also use the mini for tootling around town.

** posted a second too late. What sugar and spice said

PressPlayVape

Mod Addict
ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
CA
That hollowed out sleeve is awesome!
That's exactly the kind of thing I had in mind, thanks so much :)

I do recommend checking out the Triton Mini 1.8 ohm clapton coils for your Nautilus, they are completely compatible and really fantastic coils, I've been enjoying them in my Nautilus Mini and Plato a lot lately, they last a long time and have some great flavor.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I broke a bunch of the glass Nautilus tanks but instead of buying new i went on "reddit" and in their classified forum i said looking for Nautilus tanks and parts .

Almost instantly i had people saying i have a bunch i'm willing to part with cheap. I got 4 full size Nautilus tanks and two extra metal caged tanks for $13.00 .

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I broke a bunch of the glass Nautilus tanks but instead of buying new i went on "reddit" and in their classified forum i said looking for Nautilus tanks and parts .

Almost instantly i had people saying i have a bunch i'm willing to part with cheap. I got 4 full size Nautilus tanks and two extra metal caged tanks for $13.00 .

Wow! That's awesome!!

Reactions: herb

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Wow! That's awesome!!

Actually many people have Nautilus tanks they do not use anymore , quite a few people offered me a few for cheap $. Of course you use your own drip tips .

You will be surprised how many are willing to sell cheap since many have moved on to sub ohm .

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Actually many people have Nautilus tanks they do not use anymore , quite a few people offered me a few for cheap $. Of course you use your own drip tips .

You will be surprised how many are willing to sell cheap since many have moved on to sub ohm .

Thanks for the scoop. I had no idea. They are great tanks!

Reactions: herb

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
I do recommend checking out the Triton Mini 1.8 ohm clapton coils for your Nautilus, they are completely compatible and really fantastic coils, I've been enjoying them in my Nautilus Mini and Plato a lot lately, they last a long time and have some great flavor.
Second this. I recently ordered some Triton Mini coils for my Nauties and I love them - even knowing they require a little more power.

ETA: I love my nauties and have yet to break one but if you're looking for an alternative I offer the GS Air. I have to keep mine at least half full or else it leaks like a sieve via the connector but it's a cheap tank that runs in the same range a the Nautilus and therefore easy to replace if it breaks.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The sleeve thing will do you, but also look at the GS Air line. Most similar, and well thought of.

I often use the GS Tank, as it's wider and holds more than the mini Nautilus.

I would not choose to buy anything by Aspire from now on anyway. Time to wave goodbye to that brand and their greed. (Maybe the US doesn't suffer the annoying prices of all their products?)

Anyway.... The GS TANK is a 22mm tank that is a custom fit for the iStick and looks like a million times better, dude. :)

I know, hard to believe, but Eleaf didn't make this tank by accident, they designed it to fit the top panel of the iStick 40w to perfection.

OK, so they failed like a bunch of idiots on the temp control coils, but with the normal 'Pure Cotton' Air coils it is an epic tank.

.. for MTL fanatics.

OK, so it failed on the DTL as well.

.. basically it fails in many respects.. but it looks good and vapes better than the mini Nautilus between 12-18 watts.

PressPlayVape

Mod Addict
ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
CA
Time to wave goodbye to that brand and their greed. (Maybe the US doesn't suffer the annoying prices of all their products?)

How much are they charging where you live? I can buy a Nautilus Mini for $18 and the new Nautilus X announced today looks like it will be $25, seems pretty reasonable to me.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
How much are they charging where you live? I can buy a Nautilus Mini for $18 and the new Nautilus X announced today looks like it will be $25, seems pretty reasonable to me.

I'm guessing $27 for the mini Nautilus and $49 for the latest mini Triton. (equivalent in £ GB).
You can get Eleaf tanks for half that price.

$18 seems fair to me. Yes... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread