Tasty Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

glowgirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
A, A
I am a successful business owner and I don't offer discounts to new customers. Your business practices may work well for you but we all have a right to run our biz as we see fit. Free market will dictate whether they succeed. As you can see Jeff's product has lots of loyal customers. He makes high quality juice, ships quickly and sells for a really great price. TV's is what a business model should be in my eyes.

Leezon, you totally have a right to your opinion and I think a right to post it as well. If someone asked me for a discount I would be insulted unless they were a large buyer or a long time customer. Also, when you order a large amount you automatically get a discount from them anyway. I think it's over $100 or something. If Jeff was rude to you I do understand your being upset but maybe, just maybe, you were rude to him too. Just saying.........

In any case I hope your next experience is better and that you have a super good day.

Windsage

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2010
Florida
Maybe its just and American small business owner thing. As a business owner I get asked for similar special deals all the time. I have the following answers answers.

1. I have to keep my lights on too you know.
2. My original prices already are the discounted prices.
3. I provide excellent service and products.
4. I don't take part in price wars, reverse auctions, or bid shopping round robin parties.

It sounds like TV told you the truth at every turn. It may sound callous but not every business relies on mass market volume.

On the other hand. I don't blame you for asking. Its always worth a shot. I also do not blame TV for shooting it down. If you posted on here the you got a special deal, then the entire forum would be jumping on it.

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
I think you all are being a little harsh with the OP...after all, if you don't ask... And I've seen lots of ECF suppliers offer discounts to first time customers, so it's not unheard of. I've also seen threads where Jeff (sp? Geoff) has been very rude to people.

:2c: Just saying...

CJ, it's one thing to politely ask. It's another to have an expectation that someone does what you ask. It's yet another to damage someone's reputation for not meeting your demands.

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
Well done for you, but that wasn't the experience I had..

The whole point of a forum is to share what you experinced

Leezon, do you not have any second thoughts about creating this thread and choosing to label it as you did?

Do you really feel that you are justified in condemning the reputation of a business because you felt that 'if you were in person you would be exchanging evil eyes'?

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
What is this the international Flea Market. LOL
Ok, the "potential" customer is wrong. I can not say how many times I have had someone come into my store and say . If you give me this , I will blah blah blah and lick your toes too, if they thought it would get them a discount. For a minute, I was fooled and gave a discount and guess what no one licked my toe or returned with thier business. So now , I will give a discount to a long time repeat customer before I would any new one. Respect is earned not given and so are discounts.
I think Tasty Vapor has great products , with awesome customer service. They should not consider reducing their prices to the likes of "potential" new, repeat customers. It would potentially degrade their quality to other actual repeat customers.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
I'd like to jump on the bandwagon here as well...I asked Geoff for 'consideration' of a matter that will remain between the two of us. He said no. In a way that did NOT offend me, AT ALL. He then went so far as to send me a SECOND email making SURE I was neither insulted or offended.

I assured him that I was NOT.

Business is just that, business.

All's fair in love and war and business is the same. Just because you got an answer you didn't 'like', is NO reason to come on ECF and BASH a well-known and well-liked supplier with an EXCELLENT reputation.

I wouldn't have given a rat's ... if Geoff had barked his HEAD off at me, I would have STILL kept purchasing his product. But, you know what? HE DIDN'T. He was MORE than courteous and polite.

And, as for your 'englishman' comment, I'm from SCOTLAND and you'd have been lucky to escape with your head attached to your shoulders if you'd tried THIS approach in Britain...:nah:

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
  • Deleted by Elendil

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
English man thing? wtf LOL
I'm English and I pride myself on my manners..I also buy from TV - I dont buy from ONLY them though so Im not a fangirl - and the only issue I ever had (and I should add it was a trivial matter) with them was resolved with politeness and satisifaction on both sides; I still buy from them.
They do have discounts on flavors - clearly posted on their site - specified flavors each week. I certainly don't demand discounts from ANY supplier and never have, but lots give freebies or have offers on their sites which are designed to tempt people into buying. Expecting summat for nothing? you sound like a chav mate.

pipskicks

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
So Cal
Wow, good point a member made on the naming of the thread and the "stir" you bring up.

TO THE OP: I think you bashed with your thread title, therefore, people are getting on your case as if you cried wolf. Which usually is done by a post like this with a sad face, if you look around, it is only done for "grave mistakes" on the suppliers' part? I think that may be ok-worded, whereas I don't know how big of an "issue" this was. It is definitely harsh to say that their customer service means they are a bad supplier.

If you know business, some businesses do very well with little/no customer service.

TO THE REST: I think he had a valid point in e-mailing and asking and maybe he was treated rudely. I think the post may have been lacking in some ways (maybe could have been softer) but there should be nothing wrong about posting about an interaction you thought was rude. I get that people think asking for a deal and getting told no rudely is no big deal, I don't think so. Then again, I don't know the story, but that's all he was saying, he wasn't really knocking the company too hard other than how and where he posted....

guava

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
ca
I think the OP is totally out of line.

He called and asked for a discount, and was told by a TV rep that this was not TV's practice. Instead of accepting reality, he called again and spoke to the owner who reiterated their company's policy. OP didn't like that he didn't get special treatment, so he came here to tell us how successful HE is, when we all know that TV does very well. We do not know whether the OP has any type of success in business, or any experience at all!

OP, you may not like this, but you sound like a difficult to please person with whom businesses may be fortunate to not tangle.

I've made many orders from TV, and their policy is clearly posted on the website...no discounts! If you can't accept that they adhere to their own openly stated (and repeated orally to you) policy, then just look elsewhere instead of trying to get them to bend their rules and then publically criticizing them when they won't.

I'm 100% satisfied with Tasty Vapor; boy are you missing out on EXCELLENT stuff, OP!!!

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Thank you CJsKee, the people that have replied to this tread obviously aren't or haven't been successful business owners.

If you ask for a discount some where (which you always should, but most don't have the balls too) then 60% out of the time you will get that discount, and thats what you should all take on board... no matter whether it is Macys or Tasy Vapor.. if you don't ask... you don't get..

I'm not talking about Jeff telling me about the flavor I asked for ( that was after ) (That was a good point)

As soon soon i asked for the discount his tone changed, and it sounded like if we were in person we would be exchanging 'evil eyes' and no matter what business around the world you own.. that is not good business practice!

A simple, "I accept your request, but I am sorry the system won't allow it" would have been fine....

Not what I was presented with from 'Jeff' and as it has already been explained, this is not un-common

Your 'offer' of being a loyal custy and demanding a discount is ridiculous. And this is coming from a very succesful business owner in one of the hardest industries: glassblowing.

So really, nothing you've said here holds water. And I smell something out of a dogs ... about you being such a "Successful business owner". How many times are you going to say that? What are you so successful in?

If someone like you came looking for a hand blown glass piece from me and demanded a 'first time buyers' discount, I'd charge you more!

jfdpl686

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
New York
www.flickr.com
I have to jump here mostly for Ramilya; she is courteous, friendly and VERY helpful.
What else to ask when doing business?
I am not a “successful business owner” nor I have blue blood; I’m just a mere and plain human who interacts with others.
Yeah, asking is allowed but pushing is simply rude.

Now, about “business practices”; right, many places are different. If you get into a mall in Mexico City and ask for a discount (and push for it), they will laugh at you. Prices are clearly marked and there are no “special” discounts unless a sale… now, I recognize NYC may… note “MAY” be different in some stores… but Macys? Come on! Not true, same as Saks or any other store like that… yeah, you may get a “discount” at Chopard, Cartier or the such; but stores like B&H will NEVER give you a discount as you mention.

Now, regarding the “practice”, in NYC, in places where you can “negotiate” for a price; you NEVER push the vendor; you NEVER try to look desperate… the every-day strategy is to show interest; ask for the discount, if receiving a “no”, then walking away stating you’ll do business elsewhere; most likely, the seller is the one calling you back to retain the customer.

Bottom line: TV is a good place and business in NYC are not what you describe.

spiritv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
IA
I don't really have much different to say than everyone else. But I will say that I've had nothing but GREAT customer service from Geoff, Ramilya, and the TV crew. Honestly, I don't want Geoff to kiss my ..... He's running a busy business with great e-liquid and more than fair prices.

If you want a discount, buy doublers and dilute your own. Or if you want, wait until the flavor you desire is the flavor of the week and on special.

People that expect the world to bend over backwards for them make me angry. Especially when you come on the forum and bash him for having rules and being honest. :blink:

pipskicks

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
So Cal
Back on topic, I found that Banana flavor to be very strong tasting and have not such a strong TH. Although I sort of like that, and I think I'm comparing that to mostly just Dekang all PG flavors. I think if the OP tried some PG/VG mixes he'd see what Geoff meant.

Oh well, that is one of the best flavors, if you just want TH so bad, why not get a 7.5v and just plain PG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread