Tattoo Design Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
P.A.
I got an idea for you but i honestly worked to long today to draw but here goes. get your Navy Anchor. Just the outline and on the inside make it biomechanical. if you google biomechanical tattoo you will get an idea of what i`m talking about but the Main outline would be the Anchor. as for the patriotic part if the outline was doubled with a decent amount of space between the 2 lines "your main outlines" you could fill in that empty space with the flag and make the biomechanical part gray wash / black work. hope that helps man. i can visualize it but i`m not sure if you can.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
I got an idea for you but i honestly worked to long today to draw but here goes. get your Navy Anchor. Just the outline and on the inside make it biomechanical. if you google biomechanical tattoo you will get an idea of what i`m talking about but the Main outline would be the Anchor. as for the patriotic part if the outline was doubled with a decent amount of space between the 2 lines "your main outlines" you could fill in that empty space with the flag and make the biomechanical part gray wash / black work. hope that helps man. i can visualize it but i`m not sure if you can.
Some of it... But Im betting what I see isnt what you are thinking. Youve got plenty of time to get it sketched out. Post it when you get the time! Im really interested in seeing the idea!

I was wondering what your other tattoos are? If there's a theme or something to avoid? Alson are you planning on getting tattooed below this tattoo for a sleeve or are you probably done? (I don't want to put in a waterline if you have plans to get flames on your elbow or something.) And finally, were you on a ship? What kind?

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
I was wondering what your other tattoos are? If there's a theme or something to avoid? Alson are you planning on getting tattooed below this tattoo for a sleeve or are you probably done? (I don't want to put in a waterline if you have plans to get flames on your elbow or something.) And finally, were you on a ship? What kind?
This pic isnt of mine, but is the same tat I have on my left arm (mine is only about 4 inches tall, but this is similar to the size Im thinking of getting, maybe even bigger to cover the shoulder and upper arm):
eagle-tearing-skin-showing-flag-tattoo-design-picture-t-t-tattoodonkey_com.jpg

Once I get this on on my right upper arm, I think Im done. Thats one reason I want this one to be unique.

I had two permanant duty stations while I was in, the USS NASSAU (LHA-4) Oct 1999-Nov 2002, and Naval Air Station Oceana, VA Beach Mar 2003-Aug 2007.

I'd like to give an original design a shot, but need to know more about you personally, efirdj. If you don't want to share personals online could you PM some preferences or maybe a photo of other tats? Was an AF brat here so not sure of all of the Navy tags.
I'll work on centralizing preferences, but right now, they are scattered throughout the thread, kinda piecemeal. What kind of personal info do you mean. Im willing to answer just about any question.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
If you need more info than this, please ask!!!

-something that reflects my background in the US NAVY. I was an an Electronics Technician 2nd Class, Surface Warfare
-Years served: 1998-2007
-something that incorporates Navy elements as well as a healthy dose of patriotism
-Colorful designs preferred, but Black/White designs not discouraged
-Tat will be for shoulder and upper arm. I would LIKE to keep it a few inches above the elbow, but thats not a requirement.
-Ship duty was SHF Satelitte Communications Technician
-Ship was USS NASSAU (LHA-4) Oct 1999-Nov 2002
-Shore Duty was Air Traffic Control Communications Technician
-Shore station was Naval Air Station Oceana, VA Beach Mar 2003-Aug 2007

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Boy, must be my preoccupation with the holiday's but my creativity is struggling with this one. Here's a kinda lame attempt, but I did make it from scratch. I need a better vision so maybe I should have a margarita or something! LOL
Im not so sure I would call that lame! Especially considering its from scratch. You've got talent! Me... I mess up stick people. Seriously...

Dont forget, unlimited entries!!! So drink up!!! Warning: Consumption of alcholic beverages for the sake of creativity must not be attempted by untrained personnel. efirdj does not condone such acts and will not be held responisble for the results of any activities attempted beyond the necessity of creativity.

Last edited:

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Dont forget, unlimited entries!!! So drink up!!! Warning: Consumption of alcholic beverages for the sake of creativity must not be attempted by untrained personnel. efirdj does not condone such acts and will not be held responisble for the results of any activities attempted beyond the necessity of creativity.
:unsure: uhmmm :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I think I like you :smokie:

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
I'm not an artist so no pics from me. Hopefully a description can do what I see in my mind.

Background the red & white banner (like the stripes on the flag), mid-ground a star, and foreground the bow of a ship type you were on (or go classic with a sloop or schooner).

Err not finding anything I like with google so give examples of each of the three elements I was talking about.

CalamityJan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
TX
I'm not an artist so no pics from me. Hopefully a description can do what I see in my mind.

Background the red & white banner (like the stripes on the flag), mid-ground a star, and foreground the bow of a ship type you were on (or go classic with a sloop or schooner).

Err not finding anything I like with google so give examples of each of the three elements I was talking about.
If he likes that idea then I can make it. As a matter of fact efirdj, if you could list components that appeal to you, I can put together an image. You like fire, dragons, ships, pinups, eagles, flags, stars, banners, words, ect's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread