TFA Double RY4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
I mixed up another batch this weekend. Toned it down to 2.5ish% and added some caramel and vanilla. Still steeping, but shows promise.

Keep us posted.

Also, keep in mind that tobacco's and vanilla's take time to fully develop. Some, more time than others.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
Lol old time dbl RY4 mixer and your description while biting onto tongue in cheek, well i'll be a gophers cuzzin; it does have a gradual taste to gas and pecans.. When steeped, changes to a hazel color-- its ready, I mix @ 5% it takes 3-6 weeks depending on if you leave cap off to mature.. Cap off it matures in 3-4 weeks cap on 6 weeks, also depends on temp ymmv.. I do mix at 8% as well but that is the stronger gasoline like taste. IMO after a steep it taste like the 1st lighting of an analog, along that sweet goodness and that also has a pecanish gasish type flavor.. After a few months steep you can taste a slight tobacco absolute in the mix.. It becomes major ADV after 3 months.. :shock: <after each vape

I'll be darn thats great analyzing there...
Hope you nail it, it's good flavoring.. If you want instant RY4, Hangsens ry4 doesn't need a long steep its ready in ~3-7 days color change and flavor @ 5% They taste identical after tfa steeps..

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
I can't see myself waiting 3 months for a bottle of juice. Lol! I'm more of an instant gratification kinda guy. A week? Ok, if I have to. A month? Ugh. I guess I just need to mix one up and forget it's there for a lil while.
Everyone assumes that of thyself, anxiousness, diy supply grows and 3 months is a drop in the bucket.. I have some juices I have had to throw out because I couldn't get to them or forgot about them and they go stale. I do not by huge bulk per se, 500ml every 2 months a bit more or less but I dun think anyone can vape 500ml in 2 months, well but a few..

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
Wow so you need to buy gallons still very inexpensive. Thats 3k+ ml every 2-3 months you will one day have reserves lol..

Yeah you get caught up on one or two flavors for a month or two and then another and so on and the ones that you made with the origin batch get old :lol:

I vape 4-8ml a day, I use single coils so it stays as such, if I dual coil double those figures..
@.8-1.5ohm also makes a huge difference in juice consumption.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
My ADV is a KFL @ 1.8 ohms and 25W. I go through 3 tanks a day, plus a tank or so in my Billow, and there are usually at least 2 drippers on mechs sitting on my desk for a few clouds a couple of times an hour. The juice goes pretty quick. Lol!

Update: That bourbon RY4 thing I'm steeping is going pretty well. I'm gonna have to make another batch and let it steep longer. I vaped all but about a mL of it away this weekend. Lol!

Reactions: Dixie1954

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Not sure what you are experiencing but it could well be a bad bottle. Where did you purchase if I might ask. Not knocking vendors but some seem to handle orders better than others.
My first RY4D samplings were from WL and created some very good mixes - My ADV's for over a year now.
I HATE all nuts except peanuts(a root bulb technically) and taste no Nut or Gasoline.
I did get a Super Concentrate Coffee & Cream flavoring that even after 8 months smell exactly like freshly mowed lawn.:( can't use it in anything.:grr:

Check the RWHY4 Thread for some good combination mixing and get a Fresh sample from another source.

Mine:
10% RY4D
6% Candy Caramel
4% Bavarian Cream

Slightly bolder than the original but a really nice vape.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I got it from OSDIY. They've always sent me quality stuff. Plus free candy! Lol! Maybe it was an old batch or something.

I can verify it does happen. I have had (3) experiences in the past year - different suppliers.
One Stop was one of those - Capella Tangarine -0- Flavor, I do like using OS and Yes to the Treats:)

I have gone through (2) 4oz bottles of RY4D from OS (excellent quality) in the past year.
Replacement order I just placed was direct with Perfumers Apprentice as part of a large stocking order.
I think I'm good to 2025 or eol.:lol:

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
So, the bourbon RY4 thing I was working on turned out pretty awesome after a 2 week steep. :thumb: But I lost the notebook with my recipe in it. :nah: So I had to work from memory. Mixed up a 30 mL batch this time.

1.5 ml FA Royal
1.5 ml FA 7 Leaves
1 ml TFA Caramel
1 ml TFA Vanilla Swirl
15 drops (about 1/3ish ml) TFA Kentucky Bourbon.
It's pretty close to the original, which had some awesome, subtle notes. Like a Vanila Bourbon with a hint of cocoa or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread