TFV4 On Invader 2 Mech? Dumb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeJay126

Jun 18, 2015
So, I got my TFV4 today in the mail and I'm still waiting on my smok x Cube 2 to come in the mail to go with it. I wanna try this bad boy out. So, my question is this...

I went to steam-engine and figured out what resistance would give me the best wattage for heat flux at a few different coil types. I tried a twisting 3 24 gauge wires together and for some reason one of the post holes on the TFV4 is smaller than the other and only one side went though. Went back to the drawing board and came up with this. 4 28 gauge wires twisted at .3 ohms giving me 55 watts and a heat flux of 214.

Now, at 55 watts I would imagine it'll take a little while for 4 coils to heat up. Everything else I put into the equation below .6 ohms would come out at like 500-900 heat flux, and that's not exactly going to cut it. I've been reading a lot and it seems like these RBA's and Coils don't do well at anything under 50 watts, so I was setting the resistance around .2 to .4 to figure out what would give me the wattage I needed with a decent heat flux to go with it.

That's what I came up with. Just want to make sure that I'm not going to blow my face off attaching this thing to a Tesla Invader 2 semi-mech mod. I don't think I will, if anything I think it'll just take way too long to heat up and I'll just have to wait until the end of the week when my smok x Cube 2 gets here.

What do you think? I just wanna try this damn thing out! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread