Status
Not open for further replies.

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
I have seen a few posts about the switch sticking. On mine it is because the button side of the switch is loose. If you unscrew the battery side delrin, you'll see the button side magnet. I used a couple of rubber jar openers to press on the magnet and the switch to tighten it up. That solved my switch sticking. I need to do that every couple of days though.

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
Anyone figure out how to get this thing to REALLY perform? After a few weeks Im a little disappointed as my SS nemesis clone and a vtc5 knocks this thing out. The BN and a sony 26650 lasts longer for sure, but the same setup on a nemesis is a noticeable improvement. Ive cleaned all the contacts, cleaned the threads and applied a little noalox. I purchased the BN with the intention of it being my coffee table mod that was always sitting there and ready. Guess it does work for that purpose, but the weak vape causes me to just use the neme for everything. Is it the batteries? I got a small improvement switching to sony from mnke, but overall its not very impressive.

DrillRX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
California, USA
Anyone figure out how to get this thing to REALLY perform? After a few weeks Im a little disappointed as my SS nemesis clone and a vtc5 knocks this thing out. The BN and a sony 26650 lasts longer for sure, but the same setup on a nemesis is a noticeable improvement. Ive cleaned all the contacts, cleaned the threads and applied a little noalox. I purchased the BN with the intention of it being my coffee table mod that was always sitting there and ready. Guess it does work for that purpose, but the weak vape causes me to just use the neme for everything. Is it the batteries? I got a small improvement switching to sony from mnke, but overall its not very impressive.

I have had the same experience. Gone back to my Astro and Patriot.
Nothing "Big" about the big nasty (other than its size). Too much voltage drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guambred

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
Guam, USA
Dreadnaut by Tactical works Philippines
Hybrid 26650 Tubular Mod
Tri pole 500 Diameter Pole
2.5/7mm X2 AFC
Deep juice well
Uses 304 SS and Brass
Mirror Finish
Threaded top cap
Has a total of 8 parts
Soft firing button: 1mm clearance
Uses alten insulator (100-200c for positive pole)
Silver plated pins
34mm diamater (body)
38mm Base diameter
3.7mm Upper cap thickness
2.00mm SS outer tube thickness
1.5mm brass outer tube thickness
With engraved logo and serial number
Comes with authentication bar and EDM embosed name
All materials came from 400 solid brass shaft and SS
Dradnaught1.jpg Dreadnaught21.jpg
Big Nasty cousin from the philippines. Quality is top notch.

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
I have had the same experience. Gone back to my Astro and Patriot.
Nothing "Big" about the big nasty (other than its size). Too much voltage drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for confirming DrillRX. I can at least stop checking my batteries now! I kept thinking I grabbed a drained battery by mistake and thought I was going crazy as they would read 4.2 everytime i checked them. In fact, I have a 18650 thats reading 3.6 right now and its hitting way harder than the same atty on the BN with a fully charged battery.

Cloud Junky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Texas, USA
I got mine in today logo and serial number is on the firing button now. Got the full size Russian sitting on it.

Take care of her and she will take care of you. Keep your firing button clean, that is a must. There is a 1.0 drop in voltage as people are saying and I tested for my self so build your coils off of your drop and this thing rocks house! Enjoy...

photo 2.jpg Got quad coils, with triple twisted 32ga. it puts out .28ohms, flavor is A+ and Cloud is an A++

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread