Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Oh! And I MUCH prefer the delrin tanks. Again - durability.

My stepdaughter and son are both BRUTAL on their mods, yet their 3's are still kicking. Thrown, dropped, kicked & nicked - they just keep on truckin'. Amazing little mods.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Not at all. The chip is extraordinary, and VERY tough to kill (unlike the DNAs of which I love and have many). They're smooth as silk (flat line, mech), and I've always seen them as almost works of art. Plus, I prefer the button on that side because of the way I prefer to vape.

I also like that they're smaller and lighter.

Can't knock the 4s, especially at the pace they're selling, but my personal preference is definitely for the 3.

I'm witcha. The 4 is "interesting" :rolleyes: but the 3s are the joy givers.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Is it simply airflow @DPLongo22 or is the boro different or what... Any idea?

It is just a guess on my part, but I remember the discussions about the Provari compared to the cheep made in china stuff, and how the Provari would run at around 800 megahertz and the others were running a 33 megahertz. I have no idea what either the Rev 3's or the Rev 4's run at, but I would bet that it has something to do with that. :unsure:

KAS

I am really glad I bought all those Rev 3A's last year. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It is just a guess on my part, but I remember the discussions about the Provari compared to the cheep made in china stuff, and how the Provari would run at around 800 megahertz and the others were running a 33 megahertz. I have no idea what either the Rev 3's or the Rev 4's run at, but I would bet that it has something to do with that. :unsure:

KAS

I am really glad I bought all those Rev 3A's last year. :)

It's basically a flat line signal if you tested it. Hence the "smooth"...

It amounts to pretty-much a mechanical with a potentiometer. The "protection" comes from the batteries used, combined with the fact that the max output of the box won't blow it up when the batteries run dead. That's why you get a perfect hit until the very last one or two. You never know the batteries are dying until their dead.

The first time that happened, it blew me away. It still does sometimes, as a matter of fact.

The entire package was simply brilliant, especially back when it came out. He done good, and we GOT good!

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
Odis needs to drop their atty asap. They have been teasing for too long now.

From what I've heard from a group on FB, they delayed the release due to some small updates/revisions. They were going to just release it and then shorty after release V1.1 but that would have ...... off a lot folks who bought and supported early so they decided to just kill production and start again with the new revisions. I love this decision even if means a longer wait.

TheSneakerHoarder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
DFW
From what I've heard from a group on FB, they delayed the release due to some small updates/revisions. They were going to just release it and then shorty after release V1.1 but that would have ...... off a lot folks who bought and supported early so they decided to just kill production and start again with the new revisions. I love this decision even if means a longer wait.
Fair enough. I'm just sick of fiddling with the picky Insider and a clone Exocet.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
It's basically a flat line signal if you tested it. Hence the "smooth"...

It amounts to pretty-much a mechanical with a potentiometer. The "protection" comes from the batteries used, combined with the fact that the max output of the box won't blow it up when the batteries run dead. That's why you get a perfect hit until the very last one or two. You never know the batteries are dying until their dead.

The first time that happened, it blew me away. It still does sometimes, as a matter of fact.

The entire package was simply brilliant, especially back when it came out. He done good, and we GOT good!

I really did not know how these things function, or why one seems to be better than the other. I think for me I just loved the design of the rev 3's, when you look inside the box it looks like something that was made in the 1930's. :)

KAS

Mandro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Tamworth UK
I really did not know how these things function, or why one seems to be better than the other. I think for me I just loved the design of the rev 3's, when you look inside the box it looks like something that was made in the 1930's. :)

KAS

The design of the rev 3 is the thing that makes it one of my favourite devices.
The bonus is that it vapes so well, even compared to a DNA board.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

KAS

:thumb:

The design of the rev 3 is the thing that makes it one of my favourite devices.
The bonus is that it vapes so well, even compared to a DNA board.

:thumb:

:vapor:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Titanium tip & titanium button, kourtesy of a long sought after trade with @Katdarling (thanks, Kat!!!).

Happy, I. :cool:

20170623_075000 (Medium).jpg

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!

KAS
No doubt the inside looks like a transistor radio.. and I love that old school, tubes warming up kind of look!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread