The DID puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annie56

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Wow girl! I have to admire the lengths to which you will go to get a wick to fit! I find that just cutting the mesh 35mm X 60mm works well enough with 400 mesh in a DID. I've yet to try 200 mesh. Doesn't that overwick just a bit? If you are getting a lot of juice inside under the cap it's overwicking. Have you tried 400 mesh yet? I've used it for a long time, and I almost never have to shoot it.
The Cappuccino and Ry4 are really thick 80 vg. So I am hesitant to go up, tho i do get good results w 325. The only 325 i have right now is cut on the bias, for U wicks. Firearms aside--i am really brutal on mesh. I'm running 400 in a Line that i got, and it's funny--i can roll 400 like nobody's business--because i've been rolling 200 for so long. 200 wicks really well--and holds up to my use and abuse. For that matter--so have the DiDs!!I was able to get ~60mm into my DiD coils. I found that the 50mm squares from Kidney Puncher weren't wide enough, so i got sheets of the 200 from another website.
Have a GR8 one, Vaslovick!!

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
The Cappuccino and Ry4 are really thick 80 vg. So I am hesitant to go up, tho i do get good results w 325. The only 325 i have right now is cut on the bias, for U wicks. Firearms aside--i am really brutal on mesh. I'm running 400 in a Line that i got, and it's funny--i can roll 400 like nobody's business--because i've been rolling 200 for so long. 200 wicks really well--and holds up to my use and abuse. For that matter--so have the DiDs!!I was able to get ~60mm into my DiD coils. I found that the 50mm squares from Kidney Puncher weren't wide enough, so i got sheets of the 200 from another website.
Have a GR8 one, Vaslovick!!

I should have mentioned that the size I cut my mesh to fits into a coil wrapped on a drill bit I use, and I'm not even sure anymore what size it is. Maybe 2.5mm? Anyway it fits in with minimal force rolling, and I use solid wicks. If you are using 80 VG juice then yeah, you really do need 200 mesh. In any case I've found I'm better off getting sheets of mesh and cutting it to size than getting someone else's pre-cut stuff. They don't know what I'm doing with it.

Enjoy the weekend girl!

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I'm not sure PB has ever understand the way of Genesis.
But one person who is famous for the reviews is igetcha69, and he understands the way of Genesis.
So if you want to learn how to make a good working coil , i would say look at the videos he makes.

Well.... Phil is getting there, and is giving it the old college try. I can't fault him for that, but when he says that 1.1 ohm is low, and thinks 12 watts is high, I do a bit of a facepalm. I think he'll get there in time if he keeps at it. I vape at .7 ohm and 84 watts, and I just wish I could sit with Phil for an afternoon and share with him.

It's not that Phil is any kind of expert at gennies that endears him to me, he's just a loveable guy with great enthusiasm for vaping, and an open mind. I don't need him to tell me how to build, I do that better than he does.

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
I'm not sure PB has ever understand the way of Genesis.
But one person who is famous for the reviews is igetcha69, and he understands the way of Genesis.
So if you want to learn how to make a good working coil , i would say look at the videos he makes.
I like Igetcha69. And another one is Todd Ecig Reviews. I think he's Welsh or a Scot. I watched a review Todd did on the Vaper?? Petar K's mouth-activated device. The drill bit method he did puts almost a microcoil into the Vaper. Inspiring me to dig out my coil jig and to get a setup on my Aios tank.
O..that's an interesting one!! Make a perfect wick and coil that fires nice and vertical wicks--
then try to fit the tank on the top and screw it down without JANKING up your build. FUN times!!!

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
if oyu REALLY like your gennies, try out a Nahualon, Sat22v3,Pandora Shadow, or inax 16 (personal pref). They're all amazing little flavor machines. I'd kill for a Nahual.

I checked out the Nauhalon and the Inax, and for me they would not work well. 2ml and 1.8ml juice capacity, and air holes I can't do anything with but leave as they are. Then there's the price. $250 for a Nauhalon? I think not. Not when I can get a totally excellent authentic DID for $53, and drill the air hole to 5/64ths as I want, and it holds 3.5ml of juice.

From where I sit you just cannot beat the old school DID.

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Yeah, PB is much more nice too look at, he put he's heart into it. Igetcha is kinda dry, goes trough the data he gets from manufacturer and that's about it. Phil always makes it much more understandable. I like him alot, but when it comes to gennies, he is not of any reference to me, and he figured him self he is not up for gennies ho he's not doing gennie reviews any more. But, couple times i've noticed he wasn't fair with reviews. While i know some of the devices he was reviewing, and i can confirm they work more than good, he has rated them as useless and poor quality ones. One of them, for example is Silver Fox. It is a hybrid 14500 gennie that i was using over a year exclusively. Eventually i gave up on it mainly because i have started to reduce nicotine levels in my juices and my juice consuption rocketed sky high, and battery consumption together with it. Eventually i ended up with 6 batteries in my pocket and all of them were empty, and than i said to my self i have to move away from 14500 batteries. But as for the device it self, one of the most simple devices to make a working setup. Insulated hole, mesh in the center of a device, and a hybrid connection. If one wants to play, there's no need for oxidation of the wick prior to coiling, smply roll the mesh, put the coil around it and that's it. It take 2 minutes straight to deal with hot spots ad youre good to go. He said he is getting a metallic taste and gave it a thumb down lol.
On the other hand, everyone is prone to do the same thing, it took me a while to figure that out as my experience was growing with the amount of the atomizers on my desk, so best thing to to is just watch and not listen at all :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread