fun2btango

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
Ardmore TN

kooganani

Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
Queens, NY
They are pretty but I prefer the 1300 chrome an extra inch gives you twice the capacity. You can easily remove the black paint and you have a silver 1300. It isn't quite as pretty as the chrome but still looks better than the black to me.

Great tip! I've been searching like crazy for the stainless 1300, but every place only seems to have the black. I ended up ordering a stainless 650 and a black 1300 from E Cigs E Juice.com | E-Liquid & E-Cig Accessories . I'll try removing the black paint and see how it looks.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla

kooganani

Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
Queens, NY

Thanks for the link, txtumbleweed. I got the black 1300 and the stainless 650 from ecigsejuice.com. I was very happy with the customer service, but I could have saved some money if I had seen the Cropduster post before I ordered.

This weekend I removed the paint from the black 1300, and I'm very happy with the results. I used the reamer from my swiss army knife and scraped the paint off dry. There is a bit of streaking, but overall it looks very good, and I like the feel of the stainless. I had a chrome SI Volt battery for a while, but I didn't like how it felt at all, so I'm happy about the stainless finish. I prefer the weight and balance of the 650, but it's nice to have the 1300 if I'm away from a charger for a long time.

Functionality-wise, batteries are great, but I'm not crazy about the 5-second cutoff. 7 or 8 seconds would be much better. I heard that there were some Echos that did not have the cutoff, but I haven't been able to find them. The batteries work great with my SI Volt cartomizers. I had to modify a couple of my SI Volt chargers; they have a small plastic lip that limits their use to 9mm-diameter batteries like the SI Volt. However, I was able to cut off the lip with my (you may see a theme here) swiss army knife, and now they work fine with the Echo batteries.

If anyone has a line on a big auto KR808 battery with a longer cutoff, I'd appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread