The FastTech Thread for All FastTech Posts (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
And I just imagine the language barrier does not help with communication either.
It was actually not too bad. Tho I did suggest she consult with a supervisor. Then I got a detailed explanation and apology. Was not much I could do at that point but to accept it but I did tell them although I understood what had happened, I did not like it.

Reactions: Clark Kent

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
My new rta, received yesterday from FT:

aaaNewTank.jpg

:(

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Awww can't like that post.. Looks like its been stepped on. Bummer. You think FT will at least replace the glass?

You know, it's just laziness on my part but I can't be bothered putting in a support ticket. The shipment before this one had a couple of replacement glass tanks in it and both were the wrong size. Customer support argued with me that they were the right size - went back and forth several times until they realized they'd sent me the wrong ones.

I don't know if it was a language barrier thing or what but I don't have the energy for that again. This RTA comes with a spare glass and I happened to have ordered an extra one as well.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
You know, it's just laziness on my part but I can't be bothered putting in a support ticket. The shipment before this one had a couple of replacement glass tanks in it and both were the wrong size. Customer support argued with me that they were the right size - went back and forth several times until they realized they'd sent me the wrong ones.

I don't know if it was a language barrier thing or what but I don't have the energy for that again. This RTA comes with a spare glass and I happened to have ordered an extra one as well.
You were smart in ordering that extra glass. Hope the top and base are both fine and will have no more problems.
That does bring up another question about FT tho. Do they have options on buying insurance(I never really looked) and what exactly is the free packet protections thingy? hmmm. gonna go read to find the answer.

:)

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
You were smart in ordering that extra glass. Hope the top and base are both fine and will have no more problems.
That does bring up another question about FT tho. Do they have options on buying insurance(I never really looked) and what exactly is the free packet protections thingy? hmmm. gonna go read to find the answer.

:)

Free packet protection = bubble mailer instead of an non-padded envelope/bag :lol:
...which doesn't cut it when there's unprotected glass inside.

I've never bothered with the insurance option as I figure FT is good for it anyway. I'm sure they would offer a $1.50 credit to buy another glass.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Free packet protection = bubble mailer instead of an non-padded envelope/bag :lol:
...which doesn't cut it when there's unprotected glass inside.
I never have understood why they don't at least offer the option of a box.2fdeal you can opt for box packaging for like an extra $1,i get it every time i order from them even if there is no glass in my order.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I never have understood why they don't at least offer the option of a box.2fdeal you can opt for box packaging for like an extra $1,i get it every time i order from them even if there is no glass in my order.
    They do offer a box option.
    Unfortunately they don't put all the items in one box, it's $1 charge for each item.
    If I order a single mod, I go with the box option.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    They do offer a box option.
    Unfortunately they don't put all the items in one box, it's $1 charge for each item.
    If I order a single mod, I go with the box option.
    It must depend on the size of the items maybe?My last order was 3 rda's and some bottles,and they all were in 1 box,unless maybe they recently changed it,my last order was probably 3 months or ago.

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    It must depend on the size of the items maybe?My last order was 3 rda's and some bottles,and they all were in 1 box,unless maybe they recently changed it,my last order was probably 3 months or ago.
    If you mean from FT, yes that is new.
    Last year I had a FT order with 18 items, and they wanted to charge $18 for a box.
    I made 2 orders so the mod had a box in one order, the other items went in a bag in another order.

Last edited:

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
    Jun 25, 2014
    Metropolis Il.
    I happened to have ordered an extra one as well.
    I always order a lot of extra glass in clear and some colored, for all the tanks I have, I have even ordered glass for tanks I figured I might buy in the future just for good measure. Now I have a big box full of misc. glass and have to use a micrometer to figure out what tank they were for:unsure: on some I forgot to mark, funny thing is the only glass I broke lately was a mage rta lucky that had a extra, I love that one, my last order was 5- mage 5-ijoy classic, 5 -engine,and 5-engine minis to add to the big box of glass, gotta have back ups, now I know better to mark them though. I have noticed either authentic or vapsoon, are usually better fits than the ones that just say replacement, and are packed nicer in a little box instead of just bubble wrap or foam.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    I always order a lot of extra glass in clear and some colored, for all the tanks I have, I have even ordered glass for tanks I figured I might buy in the future just for good measure. Now I have a big box full of misc. glass and have to use a micrometer to figure out what tank they were for:unsure: on some I forgot to mark, funny thing is the only glass I broke lately was a mage rta lucky that had a extra, I love that one, my last order was 5- mage 5-ijoy classic, 5 -engine,and 5-engine minis to add to the big box of glass, gotta have back ups, now I know better to mark them though. I have noticed either authentic or vapsoon, are usually better fits than the ones that just say replacement, and are packed nicer in a little box instead of just bubble wrap or foam.

I automatically order at least 1 extra glass (usually 2 but didn't in this case because the Gemini came with an extra glass already). I've put another in my cart at FT already :rolleyes:

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    If you mean from FT, yes that is new.
    Last year I had a FT order with 18 items, and they wanted to charge $18 for a box.
    I made 2 orders so the mod had a box in one order, the other items went in a bag in another order.
    Ok,i misunderstood,i thought you were referring to where i said 2f offered the box option.I never seen the box option at Ft,but if they charge like that,i wouldn't go for it anyway,that's crazy that they do that.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    All items are ready to ship in my latest order except for two drip tips that won't be ready until May 9th. If I cancel those two drip tips, will my package go out right away? Will I be credited for the two items that I cancel? What do I need to do besides clicking on the cancel item link in my cart to make it happen and be credited?

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    All items are ready to ship in my latest order except for two drip tips that won't be ready until May 9th. If I cancel those two drip tips, will my package go out right away? Will I be credited for the two items that I cancel? What do I need to do besides clicking on the cancel item link in my cart to make it happen and be credited?
    Yes and yes.

Cancel the 2 items and the rest of the order will ship within a day or so. Credit back to your credit card or via GC within a couple days as well.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2017
    A) Maybe. Maybe not.
    B) Yes but it can take a day for the credits to show up
    C) Clicking on cancel should open a dialogue box that will tell you what to do. You will know you successfully canceled by going back and looking at your order.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    If you choose the gift certificate option it is immediate. But beware I had a similar situation just last week and I lost $.56 due to increased shipping costs for the rest of the order.:(

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    If you choose the gift certificate option it is immediate. But beware I had a similar situation just last week and I lost $.56 due to increased shipping costs for the rest of the order.:(
    Good point. Also, if you don't live in the US or China and use a Credit Card from another country (Canada, as an example), you will likely lose about 3% of your refund in currency conversion fees (i do)...

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Yes and yes.

Cancel the 2 items and the rest of the order will ship within a day or so. Credit back to your credit card or via GC within a couple days as well.

Thank you! How long do you think it will take for the contents of my cart to be updated? I cancelled the two drip tips, but they're still in my cart.

Reactions: ceeceeisme
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread