The Nitecore Intellicharger i4 with 26650 MNKE 3500mAh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat Eyez

ECF Veteran
I just got my 1st 26650 mod (the Seven 22 from pioneer4you). I grabbed the MNKE battery to go with it bc it was a decent price ($14.99 reg, on sale for $9.99). Now after getting it I see I could have gotten a whooping 4200mAh instead, but oh well. Anyway, my main question is; is my charger a decent one for this type of battery? I see that it does fit the size requirements but I'm not sure about max voltage. I know that's probably a dumb question but for some reason I thought I read somewhere that either the mod or the battery had a higher max output than 4.2 volts. Of course now I can't find the information again, so I figured I'd check with the pros here at ECF [emoji6] . So I guess a better way to phrase the question is does this battery have a max output higher than 4.2 volts and if it does, am I using the right charger for it?

5be7438f9464ae135027e4b5cf8caae5.jpg

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC, USA
I'm not aware of any high-amp mod batteries (in 26650 or 18650) that can discharge higher than 4.2v. The MNKE's have very similar specs compared to other popular 18650's, the only main difference is extra capacity. 4200mAh is a very generous number; my 26650 eFest battery (the green one) is listed at 4200mAh and it's probably not that much even under optimal conditions. The actual capacity will fluctuate depending on their discharge rate.

http://www.orbtronic.com/images/products/secondary/mnke-26650-imr-1.jpg

Apparently these have been discontinued from the manufacturer, at least according to the Orbtronic website.

I have a couple of MNKE 26650's and they work quite well, and the Nitecore charger you're using is just fine, although mine crapped out after about 1.5 years of regular use, probably because I left it plugged in overnight (not recommended).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread