Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Welcome to the world of dual coils. I've been running duals for quite some time now, and it's tough to go back to single.
I ordered this RDA a couple days ago. I should get mine tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm always in the market for something that appears a little different, and the price point was nice. There are so many 3 post attys that all seem to be about the same, other than the cosmetics. The AFC on the Odin appears to be somewhat similar to the Tobh, but I liked the look of the deep wells.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Welcome to the world of dual coils. I've been running duals for quite some time now, and it's tough to go back to single.
I ordered this RDA a couple days ago. I should get mine tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm always in the market for something that appears a little different, and the price point was nice. There are so many 3 post attys that all seem to be about the same, other than the cosmetics. The AFC on the Odin appears to be somewhat similar to the Tobh, but I liked the look of the deep wells.

Thank you.

It is a fantastic atty. Hefty, decently machined and well thought. This is the first RDA I've owned so I have nothing to compare it to. I'm fortunate to always be buying excellent products :)

My guess is you will be impressed and like it as much as I do :)

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Thank you.

It is a fantastic atty. Hefty, decently machined and well thought. This is the first RDA I've owned so I have nothing to compare it to. I'm fortunate to always be buying excellent products :)

My guess is you will be impressed and like it as much as I do :)

I suspect I'll start out with my usual preferred build. Dual mini coils on a #51 drill bit, which is .067" or 1.7mm. 9 wraps of 26g or 8 wraps of 27g kanthal puts me in the .5 ohm range. I'm still bouncing back and forth between KGD cotton and rayon.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I've been running The KGD because it's so easy to make the perfect wick and it just vapes spectacularly.

The KGD does vape very well. I don't see a drastic enough advantage in flavor or vapor to make me lean toward rayon. Rayon wicks may last a little longer, but I change wicks when I change flavors anyway, which is often. I may vape a particular flavor, on a particular RDA for a day or so, and then I'll change. It's hard to get away from the ease at which I can make consistently the same wicks every time with the KGD.

juggalofisher88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Iv been using sheisdo cotton iv time I try rayon my teeth hurt like when some one rakes their nails down a chalk board lol it's prolly all in my head.
I have kgd but I've found the sheisdo easier to work with

sig-153231.jpg

Clark F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Tempe, AZ
Good to hear you like it, I've been on the fence about buying one. Mostly because I'm trying to get my spending under control.

I didn't care for the dripping method when I first started vaping. To messy and kind of a hassle, but now that my coil and wicking skills have improved it's all I use now at home.

Some of these new rdas are awesome.

ForeverDiving

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Uruapan, Michoacan, Mexico.
Loving my Odin. Just arrived yesterday and it's been a great vape. Took it apart to rebuild it today and lost the negative screw down the sink drain, like an idiot. Definitely one of those days...

Happened to me some months ago while visiting my daughter, 1500 km from home. Fortunately my son in law had a Stillson wrench in his well equipped tool box and I managed to take the sink cesspool apart. Not nice fishing for a 2mm Kayfun screw among drain muck!

I wash my attys in a bowl ever since (besides, at home I have mesh traps in all the sinks).

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Is the positive pin press fit into the base? Wondering how hard this would be to mod for bf?

Yes it is. I can't comment on ease to mod because someone else modded mine for me.

The best news is you can wait a few weeks and get a bottom fed version :)

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
The beautiful Puget Sound
Looks like an interesting RDA, going on my short list. Thanks for the heads up.

Loving my Odin. Just arrived yesterday and it's been a great vape. Took it apart to rebuild it today and lost the negative screw down the sink drain, like an idiot. Definitely one of those days...
Sink strainers are your friend. :)

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Yes it is. I can't comment on ease to mod because someone else modded mine for me.

The best news is you can wait a few weeks and get a bottom fed version :)
really??? thats awesome supe... great vid review as usual.
Once something is SuperX-ified, its got to be kosher.

My one question and possible critique of this RDA, is, does the juice squonk back down the tube like the RM2 does?
If so, its not a bad thing but why have deep wells if the juice won't stay in?
If I'm wrong, then stoke!
The Origen2 b/f dual with deep well has the juice coming in at the top of the well, about level with the coils so you just keep topping off the well.

SoCalCraig

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Chandler, Arizona, United States
really??? thats awesome supe... great vid review as usual.
Once something is SuperX-ified, its got to be kosher.

My one question and possible critique of this RDA, is, does the juice squonk back down the tube like the RM2 does?
If so, its not a bad thing but why have deep wells if the juice won't stay in?
If I'm wrong, then stoke!
The Origen2 b/f dual with deep well has the juice coming in at the top of the well, about level with the coils so you just keep topping off the well.

The Odin was designed as a regular dripping RDA. We have planned to have the fill hold a little above the deck but many have suggested flush.

The one im currently using is about 1mm above the deck and will keave some excess juice and have yet to have a leaking issues with it fumbling in my pocket.

More testing is needed and various heights to find what we feel will work best.

Once we finalize it, just a matter of making new center posts. We rather do it right then send out somewhat lame BF Odin. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread