images

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Hey Chief,
I haven't yet gotten Sophia, but I might. I did get TWO of The Dripper, which is excellent, and uses the same coil/cup!

Ohh I didn't see the cups in the bags I thought they was just the wicks.
I don't think I would order all them extra cups then if you can re-use the cups that come with the premade ones.
I think I would also like to clean the wicks so I guess i would go for wicks over cotton.

Last edited:

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I'm another Sophia lover. I haven't used a carto since getting my Sophias either. They are awesome, IMO.

So now that I am back to work I want to buy a Sophia :)
I am reading http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...uildable-atomizer-leo-discussion-tips-49.html and http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/euro-suppliers/426015-leo-attys-mods-drip-tips-tanks.html
Now to figure out where to order from and then what to order lol
I have Kir Fanis tanks, a Prive and the PriVadero both take a 35mm carto.
Is there any reason not to order right from Leo?
You might try the classies. They come up sometimes but if you want a new one, By Leo is a tad bit cheaper than House Of mods due to the currency conversion.

I guess since I never made my own coils before I should order a 5 pack of some pre made coils right?
Yes, definitely get the 5 pack of pre-made coils or more. It will give you time to figure out how to rebuild even though it's not difficult. You can use the same ceramic cups when you rebuild so they won't go to waste.

Now when I go to make my own,
First question is do you use the ceramic cups just one time?
One for each Sophia.

I should start with some pre made wires too right.
Yes, start with the pre-made wires. Get them from Stormy's Cellar. Unless you want a totally different resistance or doing some fancy coiling, I see no reason not to use them. They come in different resistance and they're cheap.

Should I try cotton balls on my first coil or use Silica wick?
Just depends on what you like better. I find it easier to thread cotton ball into the coil as I can roll the end into a point. With silica, I do the coil right on the silica but it's harder to change it out without messing up the coil.

I really am trying to read all and catch up and I know this all has been covered time and time again but all the different cups, wires, wicks and websites people talked about seem to got me going crosseyed :confused:

With the 35mm tanks, you could buy the regular Sophia and the tube of the Sophia will stick out of the tank about 10 mm. Then add on a drip tip. The drip tip needs to be the kind that isn't flanged since it doesn't sit on the tank. It could be flanged but it won't look as good. I went with a STR5 drip tip which is a really short tip, only 5 mm so I have 15 mm sticking out of the tank. A shorter drip tip will give you a warmer vape.

Also, pick up a pack of blue insulators. These hold the bottom pin in. They rarely if ever need to be changed but just in case, it's nice to have a few.

Now go get it.

I do appreciate the help. I am at the point of just link me what to buy and say "Go get it boy".:facepalm:

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Ok I want to order,
2 Sophia ΣΟΦΙΑ Repairable atomizer for tank
5 pack of Pre made ceramic-coils Ceramic-Coil
Wires Kanthal Ready Wires 1.8 OHMS
I guess I will try both cotton balls and wick.
So I guess order the Silica wick off stormy too.Silica Wick- 2' Size of wick = 2mm
and a bag of organic 100% cotton balls

I might have to wait till my next pay check :ohmy:

That whole eating and buying food thing gets in my way of vape mail :(
Maybe if I cut down to just one meal every 2 days I can order it sooner :D

Last edited:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Hey guys...I hate to bring this up...but...

Me and Preloader had sort of discussed this thread and have a new picture and I kinda wanted to take his old intro for the original ProVarinati Deaddog Saloon and bring it over. So I kinda want to follow through with it. Any objections to resetting the mojo of this thread into the one I just described? I will start the thread (unless Preloader wants to). Thoughts?

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Ok I want to order,
2 Sophia ΣΟΦΙΑ Repairable atomizer for tank
5 pack of Pre made ceramic-coils Ceramic-Coil
Wires Kanthal Ready Wires 1.8 OHMS
I guess I will try both cotton balls and wick.
So I guess order the Silica wick off stormy too.Silica Wick- 2' Size of wick = 2mm
and a bag of organic 100% cotton balls

I might have to wait till my next pay check :ohmy:

That whole eating and buying food thing gets in my way of vape mail :(
Maybe if I cut down to just one meal every 2 days I can order it sooner :D

You will love this set up! I'm yet another one who uses the Sophia and Dripper Pro...love them both!!!

Looking for some fresh mint for my Mojito! anyone have any in here?!

Why ask for the mint only...here, I made you a drink ;). Our resident Bear taught me well.

View attachment 318592

I think it looks like another taco, but it's called The Omelet Dance. I'll bet they don't date much.

omelet-dance-o.gif

And there she is!

Me and Preloader had sort of discussed this thread and have a new picture and I kinda wanted to take his old intro for the original ProVarinati Deaddog Saloon and bring it over. So I kinda want to follow through with it. Any objections to resetting the mojo of this thread into the one I just described? I will start the thread (unless Preloader wants to). Thoughts?

We'll follow, just lead us the way. Hopefully if we open a new Saloon, we can get others closed so we don't get confused. Or maybe I'm the only one confused which is highly likely.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA

Hi Edd, when I saw this thread this morning and just finished reading through it, I was thinking the same thing!! Would like to see post 1 from the old saloon as the intro, would be cool!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

Umm Dusty could just rework the first post with the first post from the old thread. POSSIBLY. Maybe if asked nicely? ;)

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Just found you guys this morning, after losing the old Saloon, I think? And now you're fading away? No clue what's happening. I guess I'll just subscribe to this one and see where it leads.:blink:
I can just get Preloader to start a new one easier. We could just let this one sort of fade away...it will be fine.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Just found you guys this morning, after losing the old Saloon, I think? And now you're fading away? No clue what's happening. I guess I'll just subscribe to this one and see where it leads.:blink:

If they do start a new Saloon, I'm sure a link to it will be posted here ;)
You would then be able to follow the link to the new one.
You could also subscribe to this forum, finding the subscription is a little more difficult. You would find it under your 'Settings' tab.

Another trick is to got to the 'What's New' button and then 'My Posts'. All the threads you've posted in show up there. I use that more often then the subscription thing. Not all threads I visit are subscribed threads. Lord, my subscribed threads would be huge!!

I can choose the forum that the thread is in, instead of clicking on the thread, and get to the forum that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread