• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Ranch House, Sachse Tx (near Dallas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I had an interesting night last Saturday, so I thought I'd post about it.

Ranch House Sachse, TX - Bar ,Karaoke , Honky Tonk Dance Hall in Sachse, Wylie, Murphy, Plano ,Dallas

I go out dancing (two stepping) quite often. Last Saturday, I went to The Ranch House. I've been there many times before, but it's been six months or so since I went there.

This time, it was a little different. They have set up a small vape shop on one end of the building, apparently about four months ago. During that time, a *lot* of their customers (and employees) have moved to vaping.

Sachse doesn't have any non-smoking laws, and this is a bar, so smoking is allowed. They have ash trays on the tables, and there are people smoking. But I tried to sort of do a rough count, and I'm pretty sure that I saw more people vaping than smoking. Vapers were everywhere. It was just incredibly different from most bars, where I may or may not run into someone else who vapes. More and more, when I go out, people are familiar with ecigs and PV's, but this is the first time where it was just so incredibly common.

One of the employees had a Reo, which I asked him about. Up until then, I'd never seen a Reo in person, just online. He actually had two, one a standard Reo, and one a VV woodie version.

The area set up as a vape shop (essentially one glass display counter) didn't have anyone working it on Saturday night while I was there. I suspect that if I had wanted something and asked, they would have sent someone over, but that on Saturday night, selling drinks is higher priority than watching the vape display. The display had lava tubes, ego's, some kind of a bigger Joytech mod that I'm not familiar with, Kanger Protanks, and, of course, lots of juice. It was not a huge vape shop by any means, but I've seen smaller selections in places where that's their only business.

It was fun and different, being someplace where everyone knew what vaping was and where so many others were doing it. I've often thought that a bar should sell vape gear and encourage it, and it certainly looks like it's working well for The Ranch House.

:)

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
That's really cool Baldr... thank you for sharing! I may just have to check that out one weekend! A vaping dance club! :D

I just pictured you doing the two step.. :blink: How's that go? Two left feet.. fall over?! :lol:

Thanks for sharing, Baldr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread