jimbalny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
here is the kick working fine with nothing special to hold it

DSCN05371204x903.jpg

Your top plastic piece looks a bit tilted, wedging the kick into place. Those of us who furiously press down on the button throughout the day in order to consistently supplement our nicotine cravings are not so lucky :(

TheTrulyInsane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Atlanta, GA
  • Deleted by Rhapsodies Fire
  • Reason: per poster's request

zuriel403

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2011
philipppines
Mine is sanded on the back wall and mine doesn't move at all, and i toss my Reo all over the place. So I don't use anything to hold mine in and i don't have issues.

This is intresting. Maybe i should try this one. Mine is sanded at the side and it works fine but sometimes when i press hard it moves. Thanks for sharin.

Jalippo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Finland
Finally got my 3d printed prototype of my little design to hold the kick still in my Reo Grand. Works perfectly! Fires every time, never moves out of place, and looks nice and clean inside the device - which was something that was bothering me about my original prototype that was made out of epoxy :)

View attachment 88736 View attachment 88737 View attachment 88738 View attachment 88739
I'm impressed! :)

Would you consider to sharing for example .stp file of this?
Or even just a strategic dimensions?

I would love to buy machinery job, but companies where I asked can't open that 3D printer file.
Please notice, it will come to my personal use, not any commercial thoughts behind this huge request.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Well, I bought a Kick, so I'm desperately searching for a kick stand today...have PM'd several people.
What got me going was Wayne's posting of his 18490 Reo that he kicked...
Then it just occurred to me that the kick stand would be a different size used on the Grand and on the 18490 Reo... Hmmm.... I have the STL file for the Grand downloaded and I think I can get someone to make it for me here close by, but the one for the 18490- anyone have a STL file for that? I suppose I could go the rubber eraser route!! LOL

Emris

Time Lord
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, I bought a Kick, so I'm desperately searching for a kick stand today...have PM'd several people.
What got me going was Wayne's posting of his 18490 Reo that he kicked...
Then it just occurred to me that the kick stand would be a different size used on the Grand and on the 18490 Reo... Hmmm.... I have the STL file for the Grand downloaded and I think I can get someone to make it for me here close by, but the one for the 18490- anyone have a STL file for that? I suppose I could go the rubber eraser route!! LOL

I dont see why the kick stand for the 18490 would have to be any different than one for a 18650 mod. The battery is the same diameter and nothing has changed with the kick. The battery compartment on the 18490 reo should be the same as the grand, just a bit shorter.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Dave,

Just cut the length of the eraser enough to give a little pressure to the side of the Kick...not too much not to little. I have added a tiny spacer on my as well. Cut a small piece to fit under the contact of the Kick and that goes out to the edge of the Kick. THis will help hold the Kick square up in the mod. I can go weeks without removing the Kick with this set up.

The distance across is less in the 18490 mod- not sure it that makes a difference. As it is now, I'm not having any luck...I'll buy a pink eraser...I believe I have an exacto knife somewhere...

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Whatever works, works. I vape about the same wattage on mine. I think the standard resistance atties work very well with the Kick. Just make sure when you put your battery in that its not upside down. If it is upside down the Kick will be dead and the Mods spring will be as well.
I know this from experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread