The REO Lounge - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello, Reoville - Happy Friday!

So I'm watching a movie on TV. Suddenly, the picture just blips out, and I see this message:

"Your TV will be with you in a moment."

That's an odd message, don't you think? Did my TV get a phone call? Did it have to take a meeting? I'm sensing a subtle shift in the balance of power between the service and the served - I'm in the virtual waiting room while my appliance tends to more pressing matters. Frankly, I find it a little unnerving, in a "Rise of the Machines" sort of way, but the microwave says I'm reading way too much into it.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Wow kinda weird seeing this thread restarted. How's everyone doing?

Hi David :)
Ya...ECF is going to limit thread sizes to help fix the stability of the site. So these threads will now be limited to 15,000 posts, then the site will auto generate a new thread (if I recall correctly) so it keeps page loading easy.

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
Good Morning REOVille. Like the new digs, need to pick a better color though....
:)

:shock: You didn't like the red? :cry:
Okay, I'm back to the drawing board. One wall has to stay red for Jeni, though. Coffee's on the wood stove, help yourself as I repaint the walls. Don't wake Lisa, she fell asleep in the corner-

Sterno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2010
Oklahoma City
www.reosmods.com
Morning Scott. I'm still messing with my Ubuntu box. Managed to set one up at work. It's on a faster processor/ram. It works better than mine. Although I has brought life back to it. :) Need to figure out how to remove some stuff I installed.

On second thought. Re-install would be fun.. LOL.

morning Matt :)

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Hello, Reoville - Happy Friday!

So I'm watching a movie on TV. Suddenly, the picture just blips out, and I see this message:

"Your TV will be with you in a moment."

That's an odd message, don't you think? Did my TV get a phone call? Did it have to take a meeting? I'm sensing a subtle shift in the balance of power between the service and the served - I'm in the virtual waiting room while my appliance tends to more pressing matters. Frankly, I find it a little unnerving, in a "Rise of the Machines" sort of way, but the microwave says I'm reading way too much into it.

:laugh::laugh: What an excellent way to start the day, with a huge belly laugh!

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Good morning Reoites!

As usual, I start reading n posting before my manners kick in....

So I put a mini.2 in the classies, and for a day or so, nothing, then I was bombarded with PM's..could it be the confusing initial post, where I said it was "nonworking"?!So then I had to make another post correcting the error:(But all's well now., so I'm going to TRY to put my last Reo Mini.2 ( or is it 1?) in the classies and try really really hard to do it correctly:laugh:
I'm aiming for a Woodie, nothing but Woody, status!

Lisa, your Dad is a classy looking man!

That pic of the mountains made me dizzy. Once I went to Toronto for an A.A. convention, rode the " Needle", an all-glass elevator to the top, got very dizzy from the height and threw up. The other passengers were very upset with me.The restaurant moved in a circular way...I went to sit down, got discombobulated , missed the chair and landed on the floor... my boyfriend at the time stopped being my boyfriend:laugh:

( On the way back down the other passengers had me go to the back of the elevater facing the wall, with a barfbag, just in case:D)

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Good Saturday Morning Reoville!

Weather here is giving us a break today! Getting up to about 50 today! Snow/ice still on the grass and driveways. Might actually get rid of some before more snow tomorrow!

Woke up early this morning, about 4:30. Found a message on FB from my daughter.

Seems she found out that her Grandpa died by a post her Dad's cousin did on FB. Now I know that sometimes FB is great for hearing what is going on. But when tragedy happens even a expression of sorrow can awaken someone involved to the news.

Just want to shout "DAMN people! Use a bit of common sense and wait!" Would have been more compassionate for my daughter to hear the news from her Dad. And it might take someone that just lost their Dad a little while to be able to pick up the phone and pass on the news. Especially when it is late at night and most people are asleep.

Sorry. I am feeling this passing also. He was my father-in-law for 25 years. Even after a divorce of 13 years I still have memories of my kids growing up with my ex family. We lived near them and my family was in another state. My kids spent lots of time around their Papaw.

I hurt for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread