Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Ok mine arrived today so let me give some info on them after first look.
I purchased mine from
The Rock by Boulder

It has a Button :D :banana: Nice and clicky. 3 clicks on, 3 clicks off.

Filled up a pod with my ADV as I am most familiar with that flavor, not bad, lots better than the My von erl or the iCare, it has flavor. I am starting with a 50/50 juice to see how it wicks.

Capacity, well that is a little short. After I filled the pod, I sucked it out with a blunt syringe, only .8ml, so really small amount of juice. Not sure how long that would last.

Checked Ω with my DMM and it looks to be a 2Ω coil. Also the wick looks to be silica.

Looking at the pod, I'm not sure how they got the coil in there, so not sure how it comes apart to clean and rewick, I'll mess with that when I have a bad one needing rewicked. Don't want to mess up a good one as I only have 2, and they are $6 a 2 pack

The USB charging on the device, well I would rather have a cable. Looks funny when it is plugged in, but works fine.

I plan on using it as my first vape tomorrow and see how long the pod/battery last and how it vapes. I am also taking my normal setup, just in case. :D

I'll post more info as I test it out.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Hoping mine is in the mail box when I get home. I was hoping for more liquid capacity, but if it's easy to refill then not a huge deal. How is the draw? Is it similar to the myjet at all?
Yes it is easy to fill, but it is a small hole, but I did it with an eye dropper.
Draw is a nice MTL, about right for me. It is not for DTL vapers, I tried too tight for that. But I only hit it 1/2 dozen times, tomorrow is my test. It is charged and filled, but I am womping on my Wraith at 25W drinking a beer at the moment. :D
I don't have a MyJet, so can't answer that question.

Reactions: David Wolf

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Hoping mine is in the mail box when I get home. I was hoping for more liquid capacity, but if it's easy to refill then not a huge deal. How is the draw? Is it similar to the myjet at all?

Mine wasn't! I am currently using the myJet, but it is difficult to get the pods to always vape the exact same. That is the thing that irks me the most. When the myJet is good, it really is good. Otherwise it's just all right. I can rewick them and dry burn them too, but it's difficult to always get it just right.

Fingers crossed for Boulder and others I got coming.

I am still hawking Apollo for the Brez, but there hasn't been any movement.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
What is the brez?

The pod mod that Apollo is developing. I love the looks of it. It's still in testing.

images

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Ok, I used The Rock this morning at work, so here is a little more information to digest. :)

I started vaping with it a little after 5am and it died a little after 11am, so about 6 hours. I don't vape on jobs, just in between while taking a break or driving to the next job, so I was not chain vaping. Also I used just one pod, which has about 1 drop left in it. I took the second pod thinking the juice would would be used quicker, but never needed it.

I am thinking 50/50 might be a little thick and not wicking fast enough as it is a lot warmer vape than I am used to, silica does not wick like cotton or rayon. I kept looking at the pod, pulling it out to see the juice level, and I noticed every time I pulled it out a little bubble would rise up. I did it 1/2 dozen times in a row just to see, and got a little bubble each time, but it was not flooding. Tomorrow (I'll be home all day) I am going to try my normal 70/30 juice and see if it wicks a little faster and cools it down some. I had no leaks or spitting with the 50/50 today (and no juice in the mouth), which is a good thing.

It took about an hour to charge with the front USB on my computer here at work, I'm guessing 1/2 amp output, but don't really know.

The button was very responsive, but because it is flush, you have to feel for it (or look), but I would not say that is a con. I don't think I would like it with a raised button.

The light (opposite side from the switch) is only white, and does not change color with the battery level, so there is no way to tell if you have a 10% charge or a 90% charge, and when it dies, it just dies with no warning. I didn't notice a drop off in vapor as I used it, so I am guessing it has a regulated output, most likely 3.7 volts (but I'm guessing here).

Got to looking at the pods last night, and I think I know how they go together, but not sure if you can take them apart without breaking them. I'll get into that once I get one that needs cleaned.

I'll update with more information as I figure it out. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread