• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

...thoughts and prayers........

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...not sure if this is allowed but, here goes....
...this is to all my friends on ECF......
I have degenerative arthritis in my hips and lower back...I had one hip replaced 2.5yrs ago and was scheduled to have the other replaced on the 22nd of Feb...but, this post is not about me...my loving and saintly wife, a pediatric nurse of 37yrs, was just diagnosed with having 2 aneurisms in her brain...we don't actually know what this will mean going into the future but it has scared the bejezzus out of us...we have met with a couple of neurosurgeons who have scratched their chins and gone hmmmmmmm, she is scheduled to have an anteriorgram on Monday next so, they can more accurately map the structure of the aneurisms and come up with a course of treatment...so, if any of you are of the mind, PLEASE keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we navigate these terrifying waters....thank you, Jack

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Madjack,

Wishing you and your wife stength, peace and courage. May you two find answers quickly and she have a speedy recovery.

You touched my life in a positive way that rippled through my family, friends and co-workers. The kindness you have shown many thousands of people on ECF is astounding and inspiring. Your guidance helped me muster the courage to talk to others about vaping and help them talk to others and so on. You've changed a lot of lives for the better. Thank you.

You're both in my thoughts and prayers. Be well.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...my sense of humor is sustaining us both at present...we goto Shreveport tomorrow to be there for 6AM Mon...she is having an anteriorgram(?) done, where they insert a catheter into her leg and go up into the brain and inject dye directly into the aneurisms so they can map them in detail with their super duper. state of the art fluoroscope imaging machine...this will determine if she will require open brain surgery(bad) or inserting a coil of platinum wire, sealing them off(good) or nothing at all and just monitor them(maybe the scariest of all)...we have an appointment on Tuesday to get that verdict...thank you all for the support, it means a lot to me...especially you boodle, I had no idea...thanks....
madjack:2cool:

p.s. I'll keep all informed...thanks again........mj

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...well we went to Shreveport for tests this past Mon/Tues...the good news, is, they are going to do something and not just monitor them...BUT, it will be brain surgery and not the less invasive coiling...Marlene has to go next WED for a pre-op physical on the 8th followed by surgery on the following Mon, the 13th...they say she will be 5days in the hospital and then home for a 4week recovery period...to say Marlene is scared would be an understatement...and I am not far behind...all of y'all's thoughts and prayers are so appreciated, thanks again...........Jack

AutumnWolf

Absinthe Minded Diva!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Florissant, MO
Oh madjack - you and your wife are in my thoughts and in my prayers. I know how scared you both must be but please try to keep positive thoughts - my positive thoughts are coming south to you right now. Please keep us posted...

I don't think you even have any idea of the impact you have everyone here - you are such an inspiration!

Don't forget to take care of yourself too...

Lisa

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...well we went to Shreveport for tests this past Mon/Tues...the good news, is, they are going to do something and not just monitor them...BUT, it will be brain surgery and not the less invasive coiling...Marlene has to go next WED for a pre-op physical on the 8th followed by surgery on the following Mon, the 13th...they say she will be 5days in the hospital and then home for a 4week recovery period...to say Marlene is scared would be an understatement...and I am not far behind...all of y'all's thoughts and prayers are so appreciated, thanks again...........Jack

...I guess, I should also note, this surgery will be the first of two since, she has two aneurisms..we don't know the timeline for the second because it will be determined by success of the first...I guess I will havvta postpone my hip surgery until a more appropriate time...dayum, I should had it 6r8 mos ago...like I shoulddadone..........Jack

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...and as soon as you can you are going to get you fixed up too...right ??

(coming from the worlds greatest surgery procrastinator...)

...youbetcha...I was supposed to do mine last spring and something came up...I was going to do it last summer, and something came up...I was going to doit last fall, and something came up...and now this...I may have ya beat on the procrastinator thingy...my surgeon told me, if I wait until nothing is going on, he would havvta perform the surgery at the funeral home...as soon as we get the all(or mostly) clear on my wife, I am going to have my surgery...all the prelims and stuff have already be done...even a date....
...once again, thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers...we had to get Marlene a script for Xanax because of anxiety issues she was having and were driving her crazy(er)...they have done the trick..........Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread