Not open for further replies.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Hey guys, just wanted to see if you all have this issue.
When I start out the day vaping, the vapor has a great throat hit and feels really good. After vaping for a while my throat gets used to it, and there isn't much throat hit and the vapor feels cooler. I can stop vaping for a while to get the throat hit back, but it just goes away soon after.

Does this happen to you guys? Is there anything I can do to keep this lovely throat hit around all day?
I assume it's just a part of vaping, but I figure I would make a post and see what you guys thought.

(sorry if this isn't specific to GG, but I use an Ody v2 if that helps)

ManniGfaltig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Germany
I switched back from regulated vaping to unregulated vaping with low resistance coilds. Here you have the "advantage" that while you vape the battery slowly gets less and when you put in a fresh battery you have this "Wow!" feeling again...
Else maybe it helps to drink more water as the throat gets dry cause of vaping.

nathanbaron

Verified Member
Jun 11, 2012
Kingston, Ontario
I have been using more progressively lower and lower resistance coils chasing that throat hit. I'm down to 0.8-0.7 ohm coils and obviously can't go much lower.

I normally vape high VG juices and have recently switch back to a higher PG ratio and I found this helps a little. Changing juices throughout the day also helps. I've got a good mix of juices that blend well together from one tank to the next.

I am the type of vapor that has 5-6 hits and then breaks for a 20 minutes or so. I vape way more than I smoked... Not sure what effect this has on that diminishing throat hit, but I suspect it has an effect as well.

Good topic though. Thanks for bringing it up!

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Thanks for the responses guys! I will try to drink more water, I hear that does help.. plus I'm probably way too dehydrated anyway.. I need to get more fluids!
Imeo thanks, I will definitely go lower! And I'm in the provess of learning to make good dual coils so hopefully that will help, too!
nathan, yeah I vape 100% VG as well.. Bobas Bounty... I'm about to try some other juices as I've literally been vaping this for a year straight. I will try to get a high PG juice.

And yeah, I vape WAY more than I smoked haha. Pretty much every single chance I get.. even taking stealth vapes at work.

I want to have more juices on hand, but I currently only have one Odysseus. I might buy a Penelope, but I will also have an Ithaka when it comes out. And I'm in the process of setting up another GG Stealth and might try to get another GGTS so I can have 2 GGTS, one with Ody and one with Ithaka... then I can vape as I build new coils and clean my pieces... currently I rush too much to make new coils because I just want to vape it again!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I vape 1-1,5 ohm at 6 volts nathan and I am very pleased. Ody and Penelope can handle this combination so I am very pleased now. Also with dual Ithaka you will have even more hit
I have been using more progressively lower and lower resistance coils chasing that throat hit. I'm down to 0.8-0.7 ohm coils and obviously can't go much lower.

I normally vape high VG juices and have recently switch back to a higher PG ratio and I found this helps a little. Changing juices throughout the day also helps. I've got a good mix of juices that blend well together from one tank to the next.

I am the type of vapor that has 5-6 hits and then breaks for a 20 minutes or so. I vape way more than I smoked... Not sure what effect this has on that diminishing throat hit, but I suspect it has an effect as well.

Good topic though. Thanks for bringing it up!

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I vape 1-1,5 ohm at 6 volts nathan and I am very pleased. Ody and Penelope can handle this combination so I am very pleased now. Also with dual Ithaka you will have even more hit

Can't wait for Ithaka, Imeo! And when you say 6 volts, is that just 2 stacked batteries? I've yet to try this, maybe I should try 2 18350 batteries. Does it drain them faster or the same amount as 1 battery?
I was always nervous to try it because I've heard of explosions from stacking batteries, but I'll admit I really don't know much about it!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
and I dont think that there is a danger of putting batteries in series. You only need to use same manufacturer's batteries, same size, same capacity etc. They have to be both exactly the same. And have them both full charged before you put them on mod.

Last edited:

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Explotion mostly happens because of heat. So if you put very low resistance same can happen.

Batteries are batteries and all of them have the same risk

Thanks for the reassurance... plus I think any of the explosions that happened, people were not using proper batteries.. I believe AW IMR batteries are safe, and would only vent hot air in this case (or so I've heard)

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Is there a difference between using 2 batteries with a kick and just using one battery with a kick? Besides the battery life.
I did buy a kick, and the post was very crooked so I am about to exchange it, but I really don't feel the need to use it as my vapor have been pretty great, but one thing I would think would help is the protection it gives.
And what about the GGTS fuse? How does that work exactly?

Thanks Imeo :)

edit: sorry I know we're getting off-topic!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
no problem sub.

About 2 batteries, it depends on kick. If it has that ability you can do it. But if you put 2 batteries then you dont need kick, it will reduce your power.

Fuse works like all the industry fuses. Its a small spring that gets burned if much currernt goes through it

nathanbaron

Verified Member
Jun 11, 2012
Kingston, Ontario

Thanks for that Imeo. Like subver, I am a little hesitant to go up to stacked batteries, but may try it soon. I have ordered an ithika and am looking forward to the multitude of options.

At the end of the day, all GG vaping is way better than anything else I've tried. I'm trying to fix something that is not really broken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread