Throat Hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
Your Clapton setup likely has lower resistance than straight wire (unless you are using some mondo gauge). If you are vaping both at the same wattage (especially w/boost); it is no wonder you are getting a hotter/harsher vape. Try dialing down the wattage... just a thought.;)
My claptons ohm out at .42.

Reactions: stols001

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
TH all the way....Personally clouds aren't important to me, as they just remind me of what's exactly is going into my lungs. It really seems most everyone loves big clouds and lots of vapor , which is weird to me, but what ever works I guess....I feel that inhaling the minimal amount of vapor is healthiest (just my opinion), so that's what I do and this requires mtl , high nic vaping .

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Maybe I am confusing things, but I don't get this whole "Throat hit" thing. Every MTL device I've tried has killed me so far, I end up coughing my lungs inside out :eek:. Even the vape shop suggested that I just hold the vapour in my mouth it is so bad. And I don't like that "scratchy" feeling I sometimes get at the back of my throat with some flavours.

It wasn't until I discovered airy vapes (big tank, lots of air, DTL) that I could inhale.

So for me, it is taste and temperature, a cool to warm vape, occasionally booting the power up to clear out my pipes and for cloud entertainment and grins.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
With my throat the way it was when I got here, too much throat hit would have probably sent me to the ER. I am also PG sensitive and use nic salts (in MTL devices) so I kind of am okay without one. I'm sure I could handle freebase now though. Still not holding out much hope for a throat hit and I guess my point is flavors, nicotine, and not smoking.

But for those of you who want one, glad it's achievable and etc.

You'd be surprised what you can do without (in life, just generally).

Anna

Reactions: BillW50

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
It's been so long since I smoked a cig, I kind of forgot how the TH was, but when I first started vaping over 7 years ago my mtl , 24mg genny tanks seemed to be pretty close. I honestly haven't changed all that much since those genny days as I'm still doing 24mg but now an rta instead of SS mesh tanks. My wattage has remained fairly the same but instead of 50/50, I'm now like 70vg. Maybe my vape has more TH then a marlboro and thru the years I just forgot, but in my mind I feel my vape is very close to when I smoked, so to me it's normal. So to me it's seems weird the other way in which when folks were smoking they liked the TH and heat, but now like something totally different . It really doesn't matter as long as we are not smoking, that the important thing.....
Maybe I am confusing things, but I don't get this whole "Throat hit" thing. Every MTL device I've tried has killed me so far, I end up coughing my lungs inside out :eek:. Even the vape shop suggested that I just hold the vapour in my mouth it is so bad. And I don't like that "scratchy" feeling I sometimes get at the back of my throat with some flavours.

It wasn't until I discovered airy vapes (big tank, lots of air, DTL) that I could inhale.

So for me, it is taste and temperature, a cool to warm vape, occasionally booting the power up to clear out my pipes and for cloud entertainment and grins.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Smoke gave TH. I vape to not smoke, so I need TH.
I wish (I think?) that I didn't need it. I'd have probably been satisfied 20 atties ago. But then again, if I didn't need TH, I'd probably wayyy overvape!

My brain is just programmed (virtually hard-wired at this point) to get TH: 45 yrs X 365 days X approx 30 cigs a day X about 12 hits per = about 6 million times it received that signal, so it's kind of hard for me to reprogram it.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I barely know what a throat hit is after 4 years of vaping. MTL I never experienced it. LD I feel it just a little. Probably why I vape DL with 18mg. You can't vape DL very much with 18mg, since you will could over nic yourself in no time. :lol:
I can see me doing DL with 18mg. I bumped a diy batch to 9mg once. It was freakin great. Til my body adjusted to it. Even the 50mg juul doesnt faze me. Im the lizard king, i can do anything.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
TH was seriously important when I first started but not so much now. I DL with 18mg and it suits me fine. I can't chain vape though and that's good....teaches me to cope with the hand to mouth addiction that smoking gave. I started vaping back in 2014 and then worked from MTL to DTL on 18mg .3 ohm SS no problem. Had a relapse for year late 2016 and when I came back to vaping I bought a cascade tank and jeez the first few days/hits of the mesh coil @ .16 gave me a rush and nausea. The rush was pleasant but the nausea not so much. Body just seemed to adjust in a couple of days and now dont really get the rush but it certainly satisfies. I suppose I'm hooked on a higher level of nic than when I smoked? Back in the day I lowered my nic to 6 mg and that caused super chain vaping allday...not good!!! :nah:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I've been holding steady at 8-9mg for a few months with the single coil rtas. Was surprised to find 3mg is my max with the pro mesh coils, any higher and I just don't enjoy the vape. Not a hassle to keep 2 bases mixed up, just have to mix the 3mg base in a larger bottle now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread