Tips on Finding the Right Wattage for a Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abezii

Jan 22, 2017
New vaper, didn't know which board to post this in. So I'm vaping on Blueberry Banana by Fresh Squeezed which is 70/30 VG/PG using kangertech dripbox 160 with factory rda, waiting on a new one to arrive. It's only my 2nd juice so I'm just starting to try different wattage values to find my sweet spot.
Any tips on what exactly I should notice when I find it?? Once I hit 75 watts I noticed much better flavor compared to my previous 55-65 Watts. After I hit 75 I would vape at that for a few days then go up another 5 watts, I'm now at 90 and I can't say I've noticed much of a difference from 75, Maybe slightly more intense flavor.

10Pups

Jan 14, 2017
Orange, California
In my short personal experience I have found that the lowest setting with max flavor is the key. If you went from 75 to 90 and didn't notice anything then To me I would think I am wasting battery. I use Smok tanks and with the premade coils ( your other factor) The give a best range. Lucky me. I have found that going above that I start getting a burnt taste. Below and I start to lose flavor. Using multiple tanks with different coils and the same juice the watts I use is different for the same flavor and cloud.

KingTurtleLeg

Feb 4, 2017
New vaper, didn't know which board to post this in. So I'm vaping on Blueberry Banana by Fresh Squeezed which is 70/30 VG/PG using kangertech dripbox 160 with factory RDA, waiting on a new one to arrive. It's only my 2nd juice so I'm just starting to try different wattage values to find my sweet spot.
Any tips on what exactly I should notice when I find it?? Once I hit 75 watts I noticed much better flavor compared to my previous 55-65 Watts. After I hit 75 I would vape at that for a few days then go up another 5 watts, I'm now at 90 and I can't say I've noticed much of a difference from 75, Maybe slightly more intense flavor.
What type of wire are u using? Also what ohm is ur build reading at? That will tell u alot of where u need to be temp/wattage wise

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
What type of wire are u using? Also what ohm is ur build reading at? That will tell u alot of where u need to be temp/wattage wise

Package Contents:
1 x Kanger Dripbox 160 Device
1 x Kanger Subdrip 160 RBA
1 x Stainless Steel 0.25ohm Drip Coil (Pre-Installed)
1 x Replacement Kanthal 0.2ohm Drip Coil

Cheers
I

OP: Exactly...find YOUR best vape.
I like ketchup on my pizza and black double espressos. :wub::wub:

Reactions: KingTurtleLeg

Abezii

Jan 22, 2017
I actually just changed the coils and type on my RDA, I was using claptons at 80 watts but I just switched to 24 guage kanthal, about 5 wraps. I'm currently using it at the same 80 watts but I was wondering, does switching wire guage/type (since i went from a clapton coil to just regular kanthal) affect the wattage where it'll be best for me??

Also since I'm on a regulated device I was told the resistance, ohms, doesn't really matter as far as how much power I can put out, but does it affect the flavor at a specific wattage?

So does .5 ohmson a regulated device at 80 watts taste different than .3 ohms at 80 watts on the same device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread