Tips on using Apex Ultramax with Res

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMagick

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
Australia
Hey guys,
I have had my Apex for just over a month now and I cannot get the hang of it when using the res.
When I take the res off and just use it as a dripper it seems to work great. But when I put the res on it, I start to have problems.

First off, adding 40 drops through the atomizer. Everytime I try this I find that it floods my atty and is unusable regardless of how long I wait for the liquid to wick/settle.
I have tried using it with less drops (10, 20 or 30 drops) and while the res is on the unit, I get liquid into my mouth. I have tried even dragging on it as gently as possible. But after a short while I will end up with very hot liquid scalding my lips :(
If I take the res off, even with alot of liquid in the atty it is rare i will get liquid in my mouth. I feel as if I have more ejuice going into my mouth than I am vaping, very wasteful imo.
The only time it seems to work ok is when it starts to run dry, which is shortly followed by a dry hit ( yuck!:sneaky: ) and due to these frequent dry hits I'm going through atomizers much faster than I'd like, with each one tasting burnt after only a few days use with the res (too many dry hits i think)

So whats the secret? As there is not much details in the instruction manuals.
Should I be taking shorter, gentler drags maybe?

I am using the unit at the moment without the res and it seems to be working fine. Its just annoying having to drip continually, not to mention always having to wipe the dripping juice from the base of the atomizer.

If anyone has any tips for me or knows where I am going wrong, please help me shed some light on the subject.
Me, my atomizers and my wallet will thank you.

Cheers
Doc

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
Hi! Congrats on having such a fabulous mod! I am sure once you get the hang of it you are gonna love it. 40 drops is WAY, WAY too much juice to be adding. I say about 10-12 drops on an ultramax will do the trick. I am going to copy and paste the advice that I gave to someone else on this subforum if you don't mind.
Hi, I'm sure innovapor will chime in here soon enough. Ok, here is what to do. drip like 5 drops of juice into your atomizer, then blow on it (you are essentially blowing it into the RES).........then drip another 5 drops & do the same thing. Usually about 3 times is good and if you over do it with the juice you will see juice coming out of the side holes (just wipe it off with a tissue or something, no big deal)...........you should be good for at least 10 good long hits by doing what I told you. I use 90 or 100% VG juice though & it probably wicks alot better than PG. I also use the ultramax I should mention. I'll agree with anyone that there is a learning curve with this mod, but once you get the hang of it..you will never want to part with it. I've bought & sold alot of mods in my time & the ultramax is one that I will NOT part with. I think that the RES is a genius idea, & love it! I should also mention that I use a 17650 battery in the ultramax. I don't stack for 6V. If you have any more questions, post in the "official" help thread & i'm sure TimusT will be here to help you in no time at all. Let us know how it goes.
I bet that once you follow the instructions that i've listed you will be pleased. Also......just as I said before I'm sure Innovapor will chime in here any time now.

DrMagick

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
Australia
Thanks. Dripping 5 at a time then blowing has it working much better than the method in the instruction manual (40 drops, 10 at a time then waiting for liquid to wick)

I still find myself getting liquid in my mouth but not as much, and not as hot as before.

I find blowing will help push the excess liquid back down. Or if the liquid is hot, to let it cool for a couple mins.

I didn't see these tips anywhere, but if not already present, I think they should be Added to the innovapor manual.

Cheers
Doc :D

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
The advice bmwjen gave you is right on the money. Speaking of the Alpha manual, it's honestly a waste of time to even read. There is not really any useful information in there. Just keep doing it the way bmwjen said to and it will work awesome. Once you get a little more experience with it, you will be able to tell exactly when you need to refill before you get a dry burnt hit. Congrats and good luck with your new UltraMax!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread