Too harsh e liquid on rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunikas

Feb 12, 2017
I am using kennedy 25 and glacier v3 rda, my build is kanthal 7 wraps 24 gauge wire, about 0.3 ohms on regulated mod on about 70 watts and with a lot of different e liquid is everything allright but some e liquid like basics pomegranade flavour 80vg and 3mg nic is too hursh, it looks like for that e liquid should be different build or differente wire, where is a problem, and i have tried other liquid and some of them are hursh aswell but why, who can use them then it is too hursh.

Sanctuary Denied

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2013
Vancouver, Wa
Having never owned a Kennedy and familiar with it by name only, I just looked up a few pictures.
Now I remember why I passed on this one (price and lack of air control), but let's see if we can steer you in the right direction.
I would start off by replacing the coils with some claptons, or variation there of.
If it doesn't get too hot, maybe try blocking off the air slightly with your fingers or tape when you draw, although I suspect it probably get pretty hot use caution if using fingers.
Even though it's a highly rated, well made RDA it may just not be the right RDA for you. I personally like a tighter draw, I find it to give me more flavor and I don't have to rock it at high wattages.
Hopefully someone will chime in that actually own one and can give you some better advice.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
If your build is a dual coil running .3 on 7 wrap 24 AWG then you are running the identical setup Ive got in my Lush RDA right now. I run it at 55W and get lots of flavor. For me its all about the heat flux, or, how the mass of your coil relates to the vape. With this build to keep the heat flux at around 200mW/mm^2(my preferred heat, and the "green zone" on Steam Engine) 55W is right where you want to be. I find personally that if you go too much above the 200mW/mm^2, then its almost as if the flavor gets burnt and ends up tasting off(at least it does to me). I feel like the reason you're not getting as much flavor at the lower wattage is due to the airflow of the Kennedy.

I dont have a Kennedy, but Ive got the Kennedy Trickster(clone) in the mail. Is there any way to position the coils directly above the airflow to the point where they are as close as a millimeter to the airflow holes? My theory is that this might be a way to restrict some of the air and force it to move directly around the coil, hopefully making it more flavorful at a lower wattage. Again, just a theory, will be testing it out when I get my Trickster.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Watermelon and Peach are always harsher than other flavors to me... It's a matter of the flavor and composition. Many fruit flavorings have an alcohol base... so that could be it. It's hard to know without knowing exactly what you're vaping on.
Also, as the other poster said, I tend to vape fruits at lower heat than other flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread