Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
I picked up my 2.1 from them and my first Rayon back in the day...
They don't have the best prices though.
Yes, I noticed they're a wee bit pricey and at first peruse, cater to the sub-ohm crowd (*sigh*). Pretty standard it seems. Ah well, Tootle Puffers have to work harder to find their gear.

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
I'd not heard of villagevaporette. I've bookmarked their site and subscribed. Never hurts to have another site to peruse.

I have never heard of it but it is my old stomping ground.

Yes, I noticed they're a wee bit pricey and at first peruse, cater to the sub-ohm crowd (*sigh*). Pretty standard it seems. Ah well, Tootle Puffers have to work harder to find their gear.

Tootle puffers find their gear in the clearance bins.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Got my Avocado today, I'm gonna try and wind something up for it close to the Theorom's notch coil and run it in TC so I can get as close to and Apples to Apples comparison as possible and see how they fair against each other.
That's a Goblin mini, TFV4 mini, Mutank, Theorom and Avocado in a month or so. I think I'm good on rta's for a while, still have the Fogger, two regular size KFL's, the monster KFL, and 3? gennies around here now, something like that.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
So I break out the Avocado and build it. 22ga SS over a 4mm mandrel, DVM says it's .2 ohms, right where I wanted it, put it on the Pico and it checks at .4 ohms, wick it and get it wet after a burn in and it drops to .11 ohms? Double and triple checked to make sure the grub screws are tight, they are. Put it in TC mode, 400 degs, 35w, and it kicks me right out into VW mode? Try again, kicks me right out to VW again. Fine, I set it at 32w and it's cool at first, then gets hotter than, well, it gets HOT fast! So I either get a burnt juice taste, or next to nothing vapor wise from it.
Suggestions?

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
So I break out the Avocado and build it. 22ga SS over a 4mm mandrel, DVM says it's .2 ohms, right where I wanted it, put it on the Pico and it checks at .4 ohms, wick it and get it wet after a burn in and it drops to .11 ohms? Double and triple checked to make sure the grub screws are tight, they are. Put it in TC mode, 400 degs, 35w, and it kicks me right out into VW mode? Try again, kicks me right out to VW again. Fine, I set it at 32w and it's cool at first, then gets hotter than, well, it gets HOT fast! So I either get a burnt juice taste, or next to nothing vapor wise from it.
Suggestions?

Probably a dodgy connection somewhere, adjustable 510 for example.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
While there is still time before EVERYONE starts all their festivities for this Holiday weekend, I just want to pop-in to say 1) Don't forget to remember Why "We" are having this weekend . . .

Memorial-Day-Images-1.jpg

cf72d438b6977da26b10d71ea5dc22cb.jpg

AND - 2) To have Fun and Enjoy whatever "You" are doing (as long as Ya' All stay SAFE ! ! ! ) . . .

memorialday_weekend.gif

animated-barbecue-image-0066.gif

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
While there is still time before EVERYONE starts all their festivities for this Holiday weekend, I just want to pop-in to say 1) Don't forget to remember Why "We" are having this weekend . . .

Memorial-Day-Images-1.jpg

cf72d438b6977da26b10d71ea5dc22cb.jpg

AND - 2) To have Fun and Enjoy whatever "You" are doing (as long as Ya' All stay SAFE ! ! ! ) . . .

memorialday_weekend.gif

animated-barbecue-image-0066.gif

^^^^1 Trillion times^^^^^
Great Post Uncle!!!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
So I put a tank through the Avocado, it's "meh" at best IMO. The Theorom has much better flavor and doesn't get near as hot. I'll play with it another day and try another build. Maybe the coil was just too big, I'm still learning this SS and TC stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread