Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
So, tootles, I have a question. After using both my clone KF mini v3 and KF V5 for about a month I have found that I like the vape and flavor from the mini better. I know that several of you bought the KF "mini" V3 22mm tank from FT. I'm wondering how the vape and flavor is from that one. I like 22mm tanks better than 18-19 mm tanks (it's an aesthetic thing), but I don't want to get the 22 if it vapes more like the KF lite V2 of the KF V5 because I already have those.

Anyone?

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
pokes, you're referring to the Fatty, right? (KFM v3 Plus)

If so, the vape is very much like the KFM Skinny. It's built identically, but just a larger tank. VERY flavorful.

Pure speculation on my part, but maybe the makers are trying to juggle the dooming here in the USofA and the EU regs (which, I seem to recall, have a 2 ml max on tanks.) A non-refillable 2 ml device might be their "answer"?

To which question? I have no prob with all the pod mods as an ADDITION to what we (we, being this small group of forum vapers) use, but not at the expense of the equipment we're used to using.

Altho I absolutely agree with you that these types of devices might just be the perfect starter (or normal) kits for those who don't wish anything more than an alternative to a smoke.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Altho I absolutely agree with you that these types of devices might just be the perfect starter (or normal) kits for those who don't wish anything more than an alternative to a smoke.

But, they need to get their price point under control. The current level will definitely deter people from switching - smoking is expensive, but if vaping is more expensive then some will just not switch. It cannot just be from a health perspective - both price and health have to draw people over to vaping...

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
But, they need to get their price point under control. The current level will definitely deter people from switching - smoking is expensive, but if vaping is more expensive then some will just not switch. It cannot just be from a health perspective - both price and health have to draw people over to vaping...

Then again, when the first "vaping" cigalike products were hitting the market 5 years ago, a $99 kit with some prefilled cartridges still sold enough to spur the industry forward.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Then again, when the first "vaping" cigalike products were hitting the market 5 years ago, a $99 kit with some prefilled cartridges still sold enough to spur the industry forward.

That was not the price point I joined the market in. If the only thing that had been available back in 2011 were the cigalikes at the gas station or the mall - I hate to say it, but I would probably still be smoking... I found ECF and came in with start up costs of $50 - I was DIYing within 3 months...

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Thanks guys.:thumb: I just entered myself!
Me too. So cute! But, I'm not sure I'ld be willing to pay for it without trying it first.
My only niggle with the mini is the magnets in the battery door.When I pull the mini out from my pants pocket all my dimes and quarters tend to come out with it too.
So funny! I don't carry in my pocket. But, I have had paperclips get attached while sitting on my desk.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia

I am sure the situation is a bit different in the States than here in Australia. We don't have the vape shops on every corner and cigarettes are over $1 each. Even if these entry level devices were double the cost it would still be less than a packet of cigarettes. And of course ours are sold without nicotine (which has to be sourced overseas). For us it is not the price but the hassle of the set up and the ongoing supply of eliquid with a nicotine content.

Our population stumbles across ecigs and the biggest challenge we face is to get positive marketing of them out into the public domain and of course somehow nicotine freely available. When surveys are taken.......most of the general population believe ecigs to be more harmful than smoking.
So something small and discrete that looks similar to a nicotine inhaler is going to get better traction.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
To which question? I have no prob with all the pod mods as an ADDITION to what we (we, being this small group of forum vapers) use, but not at the expense of the equipment we're used to using.

2 ml max for the EU, non-refillable for the FuDa.

But pure conjecture!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Welp, let's face it. I've never been great at following the rules, Veep. ;)

Agreed, Semi.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Me too. So cute! But, I'm not sure I'ld be willing to pay for it without trying it first.

So funny! I don't carry in my pocket. But, I have had paperclips get attached while sitting on my desk.
I just got a visual of you climbing off your desk with paperclips stuck to you :)

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
So, tootles, I have a question. After using both my clone KF mini v3 and KF V5 for about a month I have found that I like the vape and flavor from the mini better. I know that several of you bought the KF "mini" V3 22mm tank from FT. I'm wondering how the vape and flavor is from that one. I like 22mm tanks better than 18-19 mm tanks (it's an aesthetic thing), but I don't want to get the 22 if it vapes more like the KF lite V2 of the KF V5 because I already have those.

Anyone?
So the internals are identical just the outer tank is larger so the flavor and vape will be the same.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm very tempted by that new Goblin with the two decks and the extension kit. I like my Serpent mini, but would like more volume, and the new Serpent mini 25 mm won't fit on a Pico. The Goblin would be way more flexible. As long as it doesn't leak, so I'll wait on the early adopters to check that out before ordering. :)

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Goblin Mini V3 anyone have one inbound? Has a dual or single coil deck. I am after either this one or the Serpent mini I think.

Don't have the Goblin, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Serpent Minis.....

Users who are viewing this thread