Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
@DingerCPA ,finally bought some Sweet Bourbon e-juice today. Just filled up me Nauti Mini and trying some now.

Hoooweeee, it's quite loverly! Nice, subtle bourbon flavo(u)r with toasted almond and coconut undertones.

I'm smilin' :)

Yummaliscious sounding (I do like CLR and GR). I'm also collecting DIY recipes for anyone who has a good one. Ok, so this will be my first. ;)

Link, may I please, jk?

do tout about the cost-savings, as that is an important factor to some. There is the trade-off of one's own time to achieve the dollar return. Many times, I do want a pre-built that I can just throw in and go when I don't have the time to set one up (especially in an RDTA). I do have stashes of rebuilt factory coils for most of my clearos, so that's the best of both worlds for me - made mah own, but it's pop and go :)

Oh sweetie, you've made my heart sing!!

Hello everyone, I started a thread about this in the general vaping section and was advised to come here. Here is a copy of what I posted.

Ive been vaping for about 5 years now. I used to be part of this forum, but have not visited in a while. I found a set up that worked for me and stuck with it. The problem is my set up is mech mods using carto tanks. the issue is cartomizers are getting harder and harder to find. Im looking for some ideas on something to replace the carto tanks with. Easy to use, works with my mods (GP PAPS). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Some additional info is, 510 threads, currently using 2.0 cartos in tanks, looking for tank size of 3-5 ml, but bigger would be ok. Not into rebuilding right now, but might get into it, so premade coils with the option to rebuild would be ideal. Feel free to ask for more info if I forgot anything.

Speedgoat, I concur. Koming from the Kweendom of Kartos.... I do love the Nautilus and the Cerotanks, a LOT. Start there and see where it takes you. There's no reason to even think that you HAVE to rebuild until and unless you wish to.

Pop in coils. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :)

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Hello everyone, I started a thread about this in the general vaping section and was advised to come here. Here is a copy of what I posted.

Ive been vaping for about 5 years now. I used to be part of this forum, but have not visited in a while. I found a set up that worked for me and stuck with it. The problem is my set up is mech mods using carto tanks. the issue is cartomizers are getting harder and harder to find. Im looking for some ideas on something to replace the carto tanks with. Easy to use, works with my mods (GP PAPS). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Some additional info is, 510 threads, currently using 2.0 cartos in tanks, looking for tank size of 3-5 ml, but bigger would be ok. Not into rebuilding right now, but might get into it, so premade coils with the option to rebuild would be ideal. Feel free to ask for more info if I forgot anything.

I'll second the Nautilus. Quite easy to deal with. Triton Mini coils are also compatible

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Thanks for your help everyone! Im going to give the Nautilus a shot and see what happens, also going to order some spare heads, and Triton mini heads, both in 1.8 ohms.
You can also find an rba deck for those, with a little looking, so you could roll your own coils in the future.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
hmm A Tilemahos RTA with a Springomizer deck just popped into my head... Wish I had one... Pop in Spring coils lol
They do work pretty well and easy peasy to build with that Springomizer. And if you're on a budget FT sells the Clones for about $23

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Thanks for your help everyone! Im going to give the Nautilus a shot and see what happens, also going to order some spare heads, and Triton mini heads, both in 1.8 ohms.

Please come back and share you joys with us, ok?

You can also find an rba deck for those, with a little looking, so you could roll your own coils in the future.

Do you mean for the Nautis, saw? The VVWTF RBs? (I MAY have the nomenclature wrong....... ;) )

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
510 threads, currently using 2.0 cartos in tanks, looking for tank size of 3-5 ml

As another option - Innokin iSub G or Apex both can use 2.0 oHm coils or any of the many that are available, they also have airflow adjustment controls too . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
And your magnifying glasses will need magnifying glasses to rebuild them. ;)

From ALL reports, truly, they seem to be more of a hassle than not. If anyone has done them successfully, please chime in?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
@Katdarling re: juice...I purchased the bourbon juice from our local vape shop
Someone PIF'd me a bottle of Vapor Fi joose with the flavor Amaretto and Bourbon. I just finished it and found it quite...um, stimulating. :) (I liked it)
Anyway, Wifey is a very good DIYer and is going to put in a flavor order in a few days and is going to recreate this for me. If it turns out as good, I will send you the recipe.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
I'm not one to buy anything on a whim. Well, there's an exception to every rule.

I was buying ejuice in our local vape shop yesterday and my peepers wandered down on the glass case. I've been wanting a Triton Mini for a while but the shop doesn't carry them, nor the coils; I wanted to try them in my Nauti Mini. I can't seem to find a shop in our city which carries either. Whaaaat?

I spoke with the staffer about a MTL tank and she suggested the Nautilus X. I walked out of the shop with one, wondering if I'd made a mistake. I think I have.

I have it on an istick 30W and although it looks very cute (black tank on black istick),looks, as they say, aren't everything.

I started it at 12W and have slowly worked up to 15.6W...this is HUGE for me as I never go higher than 7.9 with my PT2'S or 11.5 with Nauti Mini on my istick 30s.

So far it's meh. I have high VG juice in it (80..my preferred) I'm not fond of the draw (too airy for me), the flavour is "okay" and the vapor production is also "meh". The tank gets very warm as does the istick. Tried it on my CF4 and it also gets hot. Hmm.

Heck, I get more vapor production with my little PT2'S. I'm hoping it'll improve but I'm not sure.

I think I done boo-booed with this purchase. Dang!

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
the Nautilus X. I walked out of the shop with one, wondering if I'd made a mistake.
I haven't tried the X, but I have the full sized Nautilus (5mL) on an SXmini and I love it, but...
I started it at 12W and have slowly worked up to 15.6W...this is HUGE for me as I never go higher than 7.9 with my PT2'S or 11.5 with Nauti Mini on my istick 30s.
...it did not produce good results at 10 and 12W, which is where I was with my Protanks. I kept playing with it, however, and it seems to produce its best flavor at 20W. It does not feel any hotter to me at 20W than the Protanks do at 12W.

All I am saying here is don't give up too soon. Maybe there is a sweet spot and you just haven't found it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread