Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Yes that is correct and you can get the screen many times from main supply house or manufacture direct. The model number of the screen is printed on the ribbon cable normally.
Another part of the mod that seems vulnerable to wear to me is the fire button. I'm sure those are also generic parts and compatible replacements will exist years from now that an electronics repair person could install. None of this is worth doing unless our dear dear government makes mods hard to get.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Another part of the mod that seems vulnerable to wear to me is the fire button. I'm sure those are also generic parts and compatible replacements will exist years from now that an electronics repair person could install. None of this is worth doing unless our dear dear government makes mods hard to get.
Yes that is correct also. Although it is difficult to desolder a button from a board you can just just a remote button like those BB style that Hana Mods has used for years and it just takes to wires from the button to the button on the board.

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2016
Gold country, Calif.

Brewbear, I have multiples of all the Provaris. V 2.5 uses button top batts. They have a few in stock at provarifuel.com
The Proceyon is 50 watts. Flat top batt. The Radius comes in 40 or 60 watts. I already had two, when I saw a post by PLAN OF MAN, showing his Provari v1. Still going strong at 5 years. I commented that was when I was convinced I had made good choices. Also note that Creme de la cream E.U. has many Provaris left. Once you put in your U.S.A. address, the vat charges go away, so prices are comp. Good luck. Edited to add that all my units are run on 18650's, I get at least 24 hrs from a charge.

Last edited:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Brewbear, I have multiples of all the Provaris. V 2.5 uses button top batts. They have a few in stock at provarifuel.com
The Proceyon is 50 watts. Flat top batt. The Radius comes in 40 or 60 watts. I already had two, when I saw a post by PLAN OF MAN, showing his Provari v1. Still going strong at 5 years. I commented that was when I was convinced I had made good choices. Also note that Creme de la cream E.U. has many Provaris left. Once you put in your U.S.A. address, the vat charges go away, so prices are comp. Good luck. Edited to add that all my units are run on 18650's, I get at least 24 hrs from a charge.
I just wish Provari mods (not sure about Radius) fired below 1.2 ohms. My sweet spot is .8-1 ohm.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I have a mystery for you.

I took my GS Air-M tank off my provari and screwed it on my pico. It said zero ohms/no atomizer and wouldnt draw. Now that's the tank and coil I've been vaping on the provari all day. Put it back on the provari...works fine. Took another tank and coil off my eleaf istick and put it on the pico. It recognized the ohms and vapes fine. Turned pico off rescrewed the first tank back on...nada. Put it back on my provari and working fine.

Reactions: sorrynomore

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
The 510 pin in the Pico is not making contact with the tank's pin. Don't have either in front of me, but I believe the GS has the type of pin that could be extended juuuuust a hair by unscrewing.
sorry I didnt make it clear that the second tank I tried on the pico was also a GS Air-M.

In fact I just tried a couple more of my GS Airs on the pico and they are recognized. The tank I've been using for ever on the provari is the only one that isnt. Do you suppose the pin tightened up a bit from use?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I have a mystery for you.

I took my GS Air-M tank off my provari and screwed it on my pico. It said zero ohms/no atomizer and wouldnt draw. Now that's the tank and coil I've been vaping on the provari all day. Put it back on the provari...works fine. Took another tank and coil off my eleaf istick and put it on the pico. It recognized the ohms and vapes fine. Turned pico off rescrewed the first tank back on...nada. Put it back on my provari and working fine.
Sounds like the Pico isnt making contact with 510. Try another Atty on the Pico.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
sorry I didnt make it clear that the second tank I tried on the pico was also a GS Air-M.

In fact I just tried a couple more of my GS Airs on the pico and they are recognized. The tank I've been using for ever on the provari is the only one that isnt. Do you suppose the pin tightened up a bit from use?
GMTA (Great Minds Think Alike) see is IT will connect if you back the 510 of GS Air 1/2 or whole turn.

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I just wish Provari mods (not sure about Radius) fired below 1.2 ohms. My sweet spot is .8-1 ohm.

Your "sweet spot" is AFR (air fuel ratio) & temp ... not a given resistance.

I can easily find the same sweet spot with anything from a 0.5 ohm coil to a 2.0 ohm coil.

Users who are viewing this thread