Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
My 3 year old daughter was watching the football game with us and just blurted out, "daddy, look! they're vaping like you!"

referring to the players breath...lol

:lol::lol::lol:

I have a 3 year old too. They say the funniest things!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Our 2 year old gets scared when she yells at the TV...we had to move my wife to the bedroom to watch the game till he went to bed.

Yeah - my kids were young once, and used to get scared.

Then they began laughing at me.

Often they still do. :unsure:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Thanks! So rayon needs the flavor wick? Just want to be sure

No you don't need flavor wicks with rayon, use to always build my wife's protank coils with rayon, just wicked normally and she really liked them.

Unless they leak. When I was still using them, I found that some heads would get a little weepy without the flavor wick. Maybe manufacturing variances. Try both :)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Unless they leak. When I was still using them, I found that some heads would get a little weepy without the flavor wick. Maybe manufacturing variances. Try both :)
Only used flavor wicks on my Protank coils to prevent spitback.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Your "sweet spot" is AFR (air fuel ratio) & temp ... not a given resistance.

I can easily find the same sweet spot with anything from a 0.5 ohm coil to a 2.0 ohm coil.

When my resistance is .4-.5 the Juice tastes slightly burned. I build to .8-1 that burned taste goes away. No i'm not talking about a burned wick i'm talking about tge Juice being exposed to too much heat.

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
You don't necessarily need flavour wicks, but if you do use them the amount of vapour will increase (yes, even wicking with rayon) as there is more coil contact with the fluid infused wick. Once you go over a certain ID coil though (1.6 from memory), you may find this not to be true because the wick is being choked by the silicone seal.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
You don't necessarily need flavour wicks, but if you do use them the amount of vapour will increase (yes, even wicking with rayon) as there is more coil contact with the fluid infused wick. Once you go over a certain ID coil though (1.6 from memory), you may find this not to be true because the wick is being choked by the silicone seal.

Good to know, thanks!

Reactions: sorrynomore

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I'm baaaack! But I'll keep the questions to a minimum. [emoji4]Are flavor wicks in PTs necessary?

I've always felt the flavor wicks where there because the makers wanted them there for a reason...

my thoughts, the 'flavor wicks' act as a storage for juice so to help keep the wick wet (no dry hits)

AND - the flavor wick helps " separate " the chimney cap from touching the coil (causing a short)

so even if I used a small single strand, I still liked to put one in... JMO :D

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I've always felt the flavor wicks where there because the makers wanted them there for a reason...

my thoughts, the 'flavor wicks' act as a storage for juice so to help keep the wick wet (no dry hits)

AND - the flavor wick helps " separate " the chimney cap from touching the coil (causing a short)

so even if I used a small single strand, I still liked to put one in... JMO :D

Thanks, Puf! Well said

Users who are viewing this thread