Torrone (FlavourArt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
This is a new flavoring I received a few days ago from Happy Vaper. Torrone, for those not familiar with it, is a wonderful Italian nougat made with egg whites, nuts (usually almonds or walnuts) and honey.

Torrone 22mg (4ml)

38% 60mg VG nic (1.5ml)
38% VG (1.5ml)
12% distilled water (0.5ml)
12% FlavourArt Torrone flavoring (0.5ml)

The flavor of this juice is not fully developed until it sits for at least 12 hrs. I was disappointed with it when I tasted it immediately after mixing, but it was fantastic the next day. I could taste the almonds and honey, and it was sweet. I've noticed this "aging" time seems to be necessary sometimes when making VG-based juice, so it's something to keep in mind.

Everyone who tried it loved it and one friend wanted to buy a batch. If you're a fan of RY4 you should really like this one.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
There are both hard and soft versions of Torrone. The hard version can be shattered with a hammer.

Sounds like your mother was making Torrone. It's a traditional treat at Christmas in Italy, and takes a lot of time and skill to make properly.

I had a German grandmother who made pecan divinity at Christmastime. Oh man, it was the best in the known universe!

Safira

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Plainfield,IL
Thanks Max, I really loved the Torrone she used to make. She stopped making it because it burned out the motor on her mixer. I now have a kitchen aid and keep begging her to teach me how to make that, but she won't make it anymore because she's afraid it will crack her teeth.

She's taught me most of the other Christmas cookies she makes, but I still don't have her skills, she always makes it look so easy. (she's been making them since she was a kid, so to her I guess it is)

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread