Triton VV battery question

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMRebel67

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Oxford, MS, USA
So the VV gives a consistent vape and TH all the way through it's charge? I've noticed on the regular batts that as they get weaker, I get less of a cool TH feel. If the VV can do this that might be worth it alone.

You are correct. That's exactly the way it works. I bought 2 VVs so that I always have one charged and ready to go. They don't lose TH power until the battery goes completely dead. That's the main thing I like about them.

OMRebel67

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Oxford, MS, USA
The battery life of the VV is the reason I went with 2 of the 1300s instead of going vv. I go thru 1 1300 and part of another daily and use my passthru a lot on top of that... chain vamping will do that to batts :)

That's some serious hitting! I chain vape like an old west choo choo train and both of my VVs keep on chugging along. I put both on charge when I wake up in the morning and it's not long before they're fired up and ready to go. My starter batt has my morning Torque 56 in it and I hammer it until the VVs are ready. I wouldn't trade my VVs for nothing.

JGibbons75

Apr 20, 2014
NJ
I just got my triton VV yesterday, and boy oh boy! Absolutely love this thing!! I was using the standard Triton, with all size bats, and they are great too. But, the constant 3.8 to 4.1 volts in which usually vape at is just glorious! lol...After hitting it pretty consistently, I got about 24 hours out of it (minus the 6 hours I was asleep). It's truly a fantastic product, and I will be getting a few more :p

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
I just got my triton VV yesterday, and boy oh boy! Absolutely love this thing!! I was using the standard Triton, with all size bats, and they are great too. But, the constant 3.8 to 4.1 volts in which usually vape at is just glorious! lol...After hitting it pretty consistently, I got about 24 hours out of it (minus the 6 hours I was asleep). It's truly a fantastic product, and I will be getting a few more :p

For the win.

3.8 volts is perfect for most flavors, imo.

I get 1 full day out of mine too, and a glorious day that is. :vapor:

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Isn't it great?

I just wished they had a longer discharge. But to have that consistency from start to finish is da bomb.

And I know you like Malibu (my all time fav). It goes from a light menthol at 3.5 to my ADV at 4.0 and a strong wall of flavors at 4.3. VooDoo is even more amazing with changing powers.

(and here's the dirty little secret in the vaping world. This is it. Once you have control of the power to the coil, that is it. If you like 3.9 volts thru your tank/coil topper, it doesn't matter if you get it from a Halo VV, a $300 silver/gold/brass/titanium mod, or a Lionel train transformer. 3.9Vdc is 3.9Vdc. Any differences go to size, appearance, longevity, price, etc. But the vape at 3.9 on a given top is a constant.)

Of course there are hundreds of different tops. (Most have different threading than your Triton, and need an adapter). And top coils, bottom coils, dual bottom coils, rebuildables, drippers, carto tanks. These all have their fans, each has great qualities and some drawbacks. And they all benefit from regulated controlled voltage. (Not to mention the sub-ohm world...)

But to each individual, if their setup works and satisfies them, and keeps them off the cigs, then it is right for them. From the cheapest blister-pak ego to a $400 metal masterpiece, whatever works for you.

Last edited:

OMYOCD

Feb 25, 2014
earth
Isn't it great?

I just wished they had a longer discharge. But to have that consistency from start to finish is da bomb.

And I know you like Malibu (my all time fav). It goes from a light menthol at 3.5 to my ADV at 4.0 and a strong wall of flavors at 4.3. VooDoo is even more amazing with changing powers.

(and here's the dirty little secret in the vaping world. This is it. Once you have control of the power to the coil, that is it. If you like 3.9 volts thru your tank/coil topper, it doesn't matter if you get it from a Halo VV, a $300 silver/gold/brass/titanium mod, or a Lionel train transformer. 3.9Vdc is 3.9Vdc. Any differences go to size, appearance, longevity, price, etc. But the vape at 3.9 on a given top is a constant.)

Of course there are hundreds of different tops. (Most have different threading than your Triton, and need an adapter). And top coils, bottom coils, dual bottom coils, rebuildables, drippers, carto tanks. These all have their fans, each has great qualities and some drawbacks. And they all benefit from regulated controlled voltage. (Not to mention the sub-ohm world...)

But to each individual, if their setup works and satisfies them, and keeps them off the cigs, then it is right for them. From the cheapest blister-pak ego to a $400 metal masterpiece, whatever works for you.

Just a point of clarification, you have to assume equal resistance of a given top for the vape at 3.9 to be a constant.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
I ended up getting a VV from another vendor (a 1'300 mAh VV that fits the Triton), and it lasts as long as my Triton 900: there's a ~30% power loss in the regulation circuit. On sale, it was cheaper than the Triton VV.

I use standard coils on my VV. I rarely raise the voltage above 4.3 though, but I've got enough control to get a wide range of power.

Regular Triton batteries are not regulated, which is great because the recharge time is pretty low, but the first five puffs or so are stronger than normal, and the last 5 puffs will be cold, but that's fine by me, because I'm used to it. The initial output voltage will be close to 4.2, then quickly level off to ~3.8, where it will hold until it reaches the end of its charge, and start dropping towards ~3.3v. It works exceptionally well.

Honestly, I rarely use my VV anymore. It's nice to have, if you want to play with the flavors, but I was never impressed with the price/value of the Triton VV, which made me sought a better option. My 1'300 mAh VV was a better investment (IMO), but I don't swear by it.

The other vendor I got my VV from, also sells simpler regulated batteries, but their circuit imposes a ridiculous recharge time in the range of 10 hours. I can recharge my Triton 900 in less than two hours. Their VV doesn't have that limitation though, which is odd: I can recharge it (even on a Halo charger!) in about two hours. It's also significantly bigger, in length and diameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread