True Blue Virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.

topster

Dec 1, 2016
Hi there!

I'm truly new (and perhaps quite late) to this entire e-cig thing. I smoke Marlboro lights/Merit and want to give e-cigs/vapes a try. What would the forum suggest for a true blue virgin? I have seen Blu and similar at 7-11s and thought about trying those. I just want to it to taste as close as to my tobacco Marlboros and Merits. What say you?

Many thanks everyone!

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Welcome to ECF.
Some new vapers find a tobacco they like.
Me on the other hand dropped around 200 bucks looking for
something that tasted like my No. 7's.

Gave up throwing my hard earned cash at it eventually and came to the conclusion there is nothing out there that tastes like a cig.
I eventually settled on a Vanilla Custard. I think it worked because the vanilla bean is somewhat woodsy and I enjoyed the mild subtle flavour. It became my all day vape.

Some flavours are really nice but have "in your face" flavour.
Nice for a while but not an ADV.(all day vape)

Initially I also wanted a device about the size of a cig, like the Blu's. They are all weak, due to size. Require constant recharging and top ups with liquid, due to size as well.

If the new vaper can get over the flavour dilema as well as the size (form factor) issue sooner rather than later they stand to potentially save hundreds of dollars by not buying ineffective bad tasting products.

Just my experience. (I think many will agree) Cheers.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Blu is a tobacco company that think they own the world.
Mark 10 is owned by a tobacco company that does own the world.

Both products are desperately poor and unforgivably expensive.

I am sorry to say these products are now dinosaurs and should be extinct.
Don't fall for this marketing.
Please don't buy tobacco company products.

Blu (Europe) supported the legislation that is killing vaping for 743,000,000 Europeans.

Power to the people not to the tobacco industry. Vape on. :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Endura t22 with blacknote prelude for the liquid

Great idea. The Innokin e-cigs are infinitely better and much cheaper to run than tobacco brands.

Blu, Greensmoke, Mark 10 - all tobacco company products. 500% profit margins all taken from your pocket because you no longer smoke and they want the money back. :eek:

Reactions: bsidb

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
Look for basic starter kits. Blue did nothing for me but know a lot of people it worked fine. I think something like an ego battery and evod top are good starting place as long as you know probably going to upgrade fairly quickly. To many times I've seen people on here buy advance caper gear and come on here and ask what they're doing wrong start simple easier to figure out what the next step should be and gives you a back up as you move up.

Reactions: Grimwald

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I have to disagree on part of what you said cig-a-likes work for some people and the I don't like money going to big tobacco what ever gets people of cigs is fine by me.

Nobody said anything against this... or did I dream that?

Half our workforce still smoke because they tried tobacco company plastic sticks and gave up on vaping as 1. useless and 2. nearly as expensive as smoking.

That's now saying what I think of them... :eek:

topster

Dec 1, 2016
Endura t22 with blacknote prelude for the liquid
Hi Nightmike!

Thanks for the recommendation! Sounds like a good combination. Is the e-cig easy to put together? (I saw coils and other stuff in some of the pictures). For the prelude - they have 6 - 8 mg options. I llike Marlboro lights and Merit Ultra Lights - which mg option do you think would work best? Have you tried the simple Blu e-cigs? Looks like just open and smoke. What do you think? Thanks so much again!

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Something easy like the t22, t18, ego AIO, even a Kanger Evod. Stay away from the sub-ohm straight to lung stuff for now. You will probably prefer something that draws more like a cigarette.

Like others have said, liquid may be your biggest expense and headache. If you were a heavier and longer term smoker, your sense of taste and smell might be trashed. As that comes back, your likes and dislikes will change. Be aware of that. So don't make a big investment in liquids, just try a few samples until you find something...and keep an open mind. You may find some fruity liquid is much better for you than a tobacco flavor.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Hi Nightmike!

Thanks for the recommendation! Sounds like a good combination. Is the e-cig easy to put together? (I saw coils and other stuff in some of the pictures). For the prelude - they have 6 - 8 mg options. I llike Marlboro lights and Merit Ultra Lights - which mg option do you think would work best? Have you tried the simple Blu e-cigs? Looks like just open and smoke. What do you think? Thanks so much again!
How many packs a day? How many years?
Free base nicotine is different from a cigarette? I'd buy the 8mg & look for something stronger when the monkey bites..

topster

Dec 1, 2016
How many packs a day? How many years?
Free base nicotine is different from a cigarette? I'd buy the 8mg & look for something stronger when the monkey bites..
Hi Daviedog! Probably around 5-7 cigarettes a day (more when I drink!) for around 10 years. Sounds like I should go with 8 mg for now. So putting all the stuff together for the e-cig (e.g. Endura) and (re-)filling the liquid is easy I presume? All this talk about coils, sub-ohms, etc. is pretty confusing. Where is a good place to buy samplers? I think I need to watch some videos it seems. Thanks!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi there!
I'm truly new (and perhaps quite late) to this entire e-cig thing. I smoke Marlboro lights/Merit and want to give e-cigs/vapes a try. What would the forum suggest for a true blue virgin? I have seen Blu and similar at 7-11s and thought about trying those. I just want to it to taste as close as to my tobacco Marlboros and Merits. What say you?
Many thanks everyone!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Where is a good place to buy samplers?
VistaVapors Coupons & Deals
E-Juice - Tobacco - VistaVapors, Inc. ---------------- Could try Cowboy.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
May 2016 / Smoking Vapor
http://onvaping.com/guide/beginners...cig-battery-basics-cig-a-likes-egos-and-mods/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum
(4) Good Starter Setups for a Beginning Vapor | E-Cigarette Forum

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Hi Daviedog! Probably around 5-7 cigarettes a day (more when I drink!) for around 10 years. Sounds like I should go with 8 mg for now. So putting all the stuff together for the e-cig (e.g. Endura) and (re-)filling the liquid is easy I presume? All this talk about coils, sub-ohms, etc. is pretty confusing. Where is a good place to buy samplers? I think I need to watch some videos it seems. Thanks!
Your habit is not bad at all. You'll have little trouble quitting smokes. DON'T feel guilty if you vape a bit more. It's much less hazardous than smokes.
The "tech" comes in time..

Nightmike

Mar 30, 2016
an endura t22 is what i used to fully stop smoking. It is a simple one button non adjustable mouth to lung vape the draw is very close to a cigarette. Also gives a warm vape. I found the charge and tank would get me through the day something i didn't get from other starter kits.
Black note eliquid is kinda expensive but it is my favorite tobacco flavored eliquid and i have try a bunch of different ones and will keep trying to find a comparable one. You can get it in 18 12 or 6 mg strength. I started at 18 and moved to 12 pretty quickly and have stayed there.
You can get a notebook (a sampling of their flavors) for 40 dollars and and endura t22 will run you around 30 and a bottle of prelude will also run you around 30. Where i live 60 or 70 dollars is cheaper than a carton of smokes so i didn't see it as a price issue. The endura t22 and prelude is what made me strong enough to not have another cigarette for 9+ months and counting. Good luck to you Topster

Reactions: djsvapour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread