Travel and Vaping TSA and DIY liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copterstyle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Kansas
I have read on here that its a good idea to have your e liquid in commercially labeled bottles. Well i have been DIYing most of my liquid since i have started vaping and don't have more than 2 commercially labeled bottles.

Has anyone had luck or problems by packing unlabeled diy liquid?

Does anyone have any bright ideas on how to make (spoof) your own labels so your liquid doesn't look so threatening?

Is your unlabeled liquid generally safe if you pack it in a bag you check?

My fear is my liquid being confiscated and being on honeymoon w/o my juice.

Thank you all for your time and happy vaping!:vapor:

Sarl K

Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Thanks Lisa. I dug in the garage and found my old label maker and Named and put nic strength on bottle. I think that might work....looks better than just a naked bottle.

I had tanks and small unlabeled bottles as well as labeled ones in my ziploc. The TSA were far more interested in my mods.

nycDrum

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
USA, NY
Thanks Lisa. I dug in the garage and found my old label maker and Named and put nic strength on bottle. I think that might work....looks better than just a naked bottle.

I would buy avery labels from an office supply store. It would take a few min to make them, but it also may help keeping track of your batches, flavors, etc.

bill63304

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
St Louis
I fly weekly. I save my little glass flavor bottles that I get from Wizard labs. I fill them with my DIY juice. I also picked up a little plastic see through box from Office Depot and I put all my vape stuff in there including the juice bottles. I then use a P touch to label the clear plastic box "E cigarette supplies- my name".

I have made over 30 trips with this method so far and have not had any problems. I have had my suitcase searched several times, but my stuff was always in there when I got home.

*Now, this is going in my checked luggage mind you. I have never taken vape stuff on board the plane, so I don't know on that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread